t-lcm pedals and Simhub Shake Motors

Anyone had a problem with ShakeIt motor attached to back of T-LCM accelerator pedal?

Just fitted one. works fine but vibration is shutting down the accelerator pedal. Pedals need to be reset to bring it back to life. It's just the accelerator too.

Just trying to diagnose if it's a common issue or a one-off. The latter means I can dial down the feedback, relocate the ShakeIt Motor, or go in looking for a loose connection maybe. Seems odd if its hardware shutdown, if I'm the only person experiencing this issue.

I've got the pedals plugged directly into the PC, via USB. TM Calibration tool running and SimHub ShakeIt config screen up. Easy to see it freeze on the accelerator when I click the test button 2nd or 3rd test. Stops very quicky.

I have shake it motors on the back of my T-LCMs too and I am not seeing this issue at all…
Cool. Combined with the lack of responses, it would seem I'm alone with this issue, so it looks like I have a loose connection in the LCM's so I'll investigate that.

I'll update later if I find something, for anyone later with the same rare issue...

Upvote 0
Can I ask - how did you fit it and what did you use? Thanks!
I used xbox 360 motors, and 25mm p clips, rubber lined, that bolt thru an eyelet.

I think i found the problem. Inside the pedals, the hall effect circuit board has a shield grounding prong that runs against the bottom of the pedal. This wasn't very hard pressed to the pedal - the tension was very soft.

I moved it a little, increasing the tension. Re-fitted the motors to 8mm MDF runners under the pedals, between the pedal base and the rig. Combination of relocating the motors (they were bolted to the back of the pedal faceplates in the spare holes) and ensuring the shield didn't vibrate away from the pedal, seems to have sorted it. About 10+ hours driving and not a single brown-out of the pedals.

Upvote 0
Was about to emark on this pedal rumble mod on my t-lcm pedals myself - after reading all this I don't know now. Mm...

Not related, but I do know for 100% sure (on pro pedals) that if you use screws which are to long than the ones thrustmaster recommend when installing the screws underneath the pedal base when attaching to a pedal base then it can disturb the accelarator pedal and it will stop working until you remove the overly long offending screw. The screw underneath the throttle pedal area. Slightly off topic but someone else may read this and it will help them.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. As soon as the vibration is set above 20%, the accelerator pedal is lost. A fix with pictures would be real very nice if someone already has a final solution. So far, the Rumple pedals are unfortunately a bad investment for the T-LCM. The interesting thing about me is that I only used the CLUTCH and BRAKE with it. The rumble for the accelerator is switched off. Nevertheless, the pedal gets lost from time to time.

Upvote 0
sorry - I bailed on the rumble motors idea. Fact is I live in a timberframe house and regardless of the various soundproofing I tried (drum kit isolation floor made with tennis balls! and layers of yoga mats under that) the vibrations still made it down to the ground floor. (I'm in the attic - it went through 2 floors!)

So it was banned. House law was applied by the judge. And her word is FINAL! No appeals...

I'll get a picture of the rumble motor mod off the lcm - it is very basic.
TBH, I think it's not quite subtle enough for immersion. Great for signaling and understanding when slip and wheel lock occur, but didn't feel real at all. So not going to work on it. Will probably try proper transducers if the rig goes to the garage. (Stone floor - detached from house entirely!

Tonight I'll open the LCMs again and get a pic of the sensor ground wire that seemed to resolve the disconnecting issue. For me it did. Apologies for not staying with the post before now.

Upvote 0
Hey I found the solution, only a few euros and 5 minutes! all you need is a small piece of 30x30 pvc profile 2 mm thick, cut 2 brackets and drill 2 small holes 4.5 mm in diameter. the goal is to electrically
isolate the motors from the pedals and...that's all! have fun!!!
Above all, it avoids opening the pedals unnecessarily

Attachments

• IMG_6871.JPG
    IMG_6871.JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_6873.JPG
    IMG_6873.JPG
    356.9 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey I found the solution, only a few euros and 5 minutes! all you need is a small piece of 30x30 pvc profile 2 mm thick, cut 2 brackets and drill 2 small holes 4.5 mm in diameter. the goal is to electrically
isolate the motors from the pedals and...that's all! have fun!!!
Above all, it avoids opening the pedals unnecessarily
The idea is good but it is not strong enough! I redid the brackets in 4 mm thickness !!

Good idea, thank you for sharing it!
I can confirm it because I've made various test of different moun in the latest weeks, and (now that I think at it) every times I had no problem is when there is an electric isolation (but I didn't notice it before).
Anyway, now I have a Sim3d motor kit: big motor with double offset weight and 3d printed support, so this is isolated too, and no problem at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 312 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%