System crash, need some help

I have a pretty older system:
HD 500G|SEAGATE ST3500514NS %

(Added Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD) (2019)

MB ASROCK|P67 EXTREME4 (B3) P67 R

DVD BURN SAMSUNG | SH-S222A BK

VGA ASUS|ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1

Updated to EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING, 4GB 5/7/2018

CPU COOLER CM| RR-B10-212P-G1

MEM 4Gx2|KST KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX

CASE ROSEWILL|CHALLENGER

PSU ANTEC|650W EA650

CPU INTEL|CORE I5 2500K 3.3G 6M

WIN 7 HOME PREM SP1 64BIT ENG (Updated to Win 10)

ASUS XONAR DG 5.1 CHANNELS PCI INTERFACE SOUND CARD
I'm afraid it doesn't play well with Win 10, it started crashing when we started having Win10 upgrades about a year ago, and with the newest it finally went into a looping crash that I just couldn't get out of.
I loaded up Win7 64 bit and its working OK now, but I need to upgrade and need some advice for components.
I would like to run at 1920x1080 on a 24 inch monitor eventually. Mostly run Assetto corsa,GPL and a few other racing games. Would also like to get a slightly smaller case that also has plenty of USB 2 ports, not USB 3(smaller blue ports).
Probably would like to stick with Intel, maybe Intel Core i5-11400.
Any help or other forums for a build would be greatly appreciated.

Probably would like to stick with Intel, maybe Intel Core i5-11400.
Probably shouldn't. AMD are supposedly winning when it comes to bang per buck, and sometimes even outright speed.

Your probably looking at replacing all the major components, Mother board, CPU and RAM. No point even trying to get a graphics card until that market cools down.

You would have to provide a budget before anyone could help much. Anyway, there are tons of build guides and proposed parts for every budget and need out there.

My personal opinion is that there isn't much between CPUs these days, at least compared to the importance of GPUs when running games such as sims. And that's the rough part: getting a decent GPU at a reasonable price is about impossible these days. So your search should start with that, and after you get over the sticker shock you might well end up deciding to wait for better days in the GPU market ... like so many of the rest of us.

Well, at least I got that part right, as far as budget, If I can use anything from what I have that would help, but since its so old, I can maybe use the power supply and video card at least until the prices come down.So probably around $1000 I also noticed there are so many different motherboards you can use 410,460, 560,479, and quite a few others.Are there Motherboards that have any great advantages over others?
I'm using ethernet connections for all the hookups I have in my house, just to negate any lag issues.
Most resolution I would probably use is 1920x1080 I think since the biggest monitor I can use is going to be 24 inches wide.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back