Symdeck

Authorised Vendor
Premium
Hello fellow sim enthusiasts. I'm not sure why it has taken us so long to post here but I would like to introduce you to Symdeck, a UK based company and our modular motion system. Here's a video showing me test our latest addition to our lineup which adds sway to provide a 6DOF+ motion system. The plus being our self-tensioning harness give extra feel to braking.

The principle is simple, each module replicates a certain DOF/s and can be used either on its own or with any other module to add whatever motion is important to you. Each module is self-contained, requires no assembly, just plug in power and USB, and with a flat top area is ideally suited to add motion or new motion to your existing setup. They literally sit one on top of each other and are driven by software such as Simtools and we provide profiles for you get running straight away.

Starting from the bottom up the lineup consists of the following products:

TL/TLS - The TL replicates traction loss, pivoted right at the front and offers +/- 5 degrees of rotation. The TLS adds sway, this product is still in testing and is shown in the video above. The traction loss is driven by a separate actuator.

s1 - This replicates surge and also gives you a kick when you change gear.

s2/s3 - The s2 offers pitch and roll. The s3 adds heave. It is set as default to offer 5 degrees of pitch and roll at the same time and still have 30mm of heave.

Symbelt - The self tensioning harness pulls on the crotch strap as well as the shoulder straps which means you feel it all over your torso.

You can see some examples of customers adding our products to their existing setups here:

We have our own cockpit but you are free to use other suppliers. We also offer DD wheels, loadcell pedals, speed fans and many other accessories. There is also a range of motion products for console users.

Please visit our website and if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them. I'll add more info here as well.

We will be letting people test drive our 6DOF+ system on 17-18 September at the Elite London Show https://www.theeliteevents.com/london/ here in the UK or you can book a visit to our Staffordshire showroom.

Thank you for reading.

Symdeck

Authorised Vendor
Premium
Unfortunately due to Covid we are unable to exhibit at this weekends Classic Motor Show. We will however be at other shows in the new year.

Symdeck

Authorised Vendor
Premium
Finally after years of thinking about the best way to implement it and over 6 months of tweaking hardware and SimTools settings I've finally got the sixth DOF to work. With the fans, bass shakers, seatbelt, 5.1 surround sound and VR I think it's worth calling it 7 DOF!

Symdeck

Authorised Vendor
Premium
Symseat is back!

A simple but effective concept, tilting the seat pad and moving the side bolsters, replicates the sustained lateral forces felt when cornering and will be uniquely available for PC, Xbox and PlayStation.

Used on it's own or in conjunction with Symbelt it offers great immersion for sim racing.

More details coming soon at www.symdeck.com

Last edited:

Symdeck

Authorised Vendor
Premium

Being creative is a blessing and a curse. Not content with reworking the sway effect in the seat we're now looking at adding the surge sensation. It pushes on your shoulder blades which is where you feel it. What you can't see is that when you brake it actually retracts giving you the feeling of being thrown forward.

Symdeck

Authorised Vendor
Premium
What is the point of DD wheels?

For a long time, people have used static simulators with belt driven wheels but because of the inherent lag in the belt catching the wheel going light, they couldn't always catch oversteer in time. The purpose of DD wheels is to improve the fidelity of the feedback you receive through the rim to detect oversteer. For a lot of sim racers, this seems to be the only way to help detect it as with using a DD wheel the lag was greatly reduced. They have become more popular as prices have dropped but generally the common consensus is the more expensive the wheel the better.

However, while this trend has become popular, it's only ever compensating for the missing feedback you actually feel when driving. When the steering wheel goes heavy it's because the front wheels are angled relative to the car's direction of travel and are trying to correct or centre themselves. The force is relative to the speed and angle of the wheel.

When the car breaks traction at the rear it's essentially swinging round to so the angle of the car is nearer the angle of the front wheels. This means the front wheels are no longer at a different angle to the car so the weight on the steering wheel reduces. If you don't catch the wheel going light in time then the rear of the car can go too far causing oversteer but hopefully you can catch it before it does by applying 'opposite lock' to correct it. This is where DD wheels reduce the lag and so catch oversteer.

What's actually missing though is the bit between the rear moving and the steering wheel going light. In an actual car when it oversteers you feel the rear rotating through your body and it starts to happen BEFORE the wheel goes light. Therefore a motion platform that replicates this force not only gives you advanced warning of the over rotation but it means you don't need to have a wheel that is so highly sensative or so expensive.

Fortunately Symdeck provides such a product with our TL platform. It's also more natural and much more fun!

Symdeck

Authorised Vendor
Premium
For US sim racers, there's never been a better time to buy Symdeck products!

Because the exchange rate for the £UK to the $US is at it's lowest for nearly 40 years, our products are now 20% cheaper than at this time last year.

Buy them before the rate changes!

www.symdeck.com

Symdeck

Authorised Vendor
Premium
Symdeck new crash detection feature

With Simtools V3, the new crash detection feature allows the symdeck platforms to react more slowly to collisions. www.symdeck.com

Last edited:

Symdeck

Authorised Vendor
Premium
Full 6 DOF motion is finally here for GT7 on PS4 and PS5 with the Symdeck Trumotion controller. Even the speed fans work.

It's being driven very badly by me with a controller! www.symdeck.com