F1 2010 Switching engines?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
hey guys i was about to switch my engine out for my race because i want to use one engine for practice and qualifying, but i didn't want to switch it out right before the race because i was scared of a penalty. Is there somewhere were you could switch it out before the race??

Or if i am doing it totally wrong what would be the best way?

Thanks!

there is no penalty as far as i know i have heard of people changing the engines before races and thats a good idea i started to do the same thing now i never used to do it as i didnt see the point but now i do just to have something to do :)

i really just use the same engine for practice and qualy and then keep one for races it seems to serve the purpose pretty well and when your one race engine starts to degrade too much then just use a fresh one i usually change the engine when its gone past 70% this usually doesnt happen too much as i dont go hard on the revs anymore but it has happened on one occassion

i would do the same with my practice engines also :)

Engine changes take a looong time to do, though, you should miss two practice sessions max. I usually use engines up to races im good at, which are spaced rather evenly for a season, so I'll use engine, get to race like montreal, swap engine, ect

It does for me. Say if I enter P1 (and there's an R&D available) but do an engine change before anything else. It then forwards to P2 but the R&D isn't there anymore. Have to do it at the next race.

Using 20% dist of the race I have reached last event - Yas marina.
So, I have all my engines in VERY GOOD condition. it's about 91-95%. Is this a bug?
Maybe, at 100% distance of the race I could see the other picture?!

heyy everyone. i just bought the game. i did the sakhir race in my lotus. about 20 laps an each practice session. and i qualified 17th using 5 laps. then i did the 49 lap race. didnt push too hard. and after all that my engine was only at 95%. is that a bug? thatks. take care people.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back