Switch off Penalties?

Yes, I agree. Imagine Maldonardo getting a five second penalty everytime he went off track - puh, the world would be filled with Ponies and Rainbows -> Rainbowdash!

That said, it is an effective tool to restrict 'arcade' players from cutting corners, like I'm sure you've experienced first hand in multiplayer.

Yes, I agree. Imagine Maldonardo getting a five second penalty everytime he went off track - puh, the world would be filled with Ponies and Rainbows -> Rainbowdash!

That said, it is an effective tool to restrict 'arcade' players from cutting corners, like I'm sure you've experienced first hand in multiplayer.
The way it's implemented annoys the hell out of me, if you make a mistake you are deprived of the power to correct it, it really breaks the immersion for me, we really need a more mature solution.

Well, i think you have a chance to correct the mistake if you drive faster (?_?) and overtake the slower guys you were overtaken by making the mistake in the first place.

That said, an argument could be made to disable the Penalties in club and league races, especially on tacks with draconian enforcement of said penalties like Donnigton as was suggested multiple times already.

Well, i think you have a chance to correct the mistake if you drive faster (?_?) and overtake the slower guys you were overtaken by making the mistake in the first place.

That said, an argument could be made to disable the Penalties in club and league races, especially on tacks with draconian enforcement of said penalties like Donnigton as was suggested multiple times already.
You
misunderstand me, if you have a little 'off' that can send you sideways a little opposite lock and the right amount of power can rescue the situation, if you are deprived of that power at this critical time it takes away your control of the vehicle with the consequence of making the drivers situation worse, and potentially causing collisions with innocent drivers as a result. And again ruining immersion. This is a simulator after all, not NFS or Mariocart.

I don't get why they do two things to you. I think they should let you recover without any restrictions, and however much extra time you expend is simply reflected in your lap time. Of course, I'm referring to genuine "offs", not doing an Alex Zanardi... if you intentionally go off the track to cut the corner to the extent that it penalizes you the way it works now, then they should simply add the 5 seconds but not slow you down. But hey, I'm not complaining; I'm happy to be able to have the fun this program provides.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%