Switch from T300RS to Fanatec ClubSport?

Hi everyone,

I am interested in how much the driving behavior improves when I switch from a T300RS to a Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5 - regardless of the look and feel. I am aware that the feel and look of Fanatec is much better than that of Thrustmaster.

I am currently using the following hardware:
  • T300RS Racing wheel
  • T3PA-Pro Pedals
I only drive Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione and find the FFB lax in many GT3 cars.

I'm considering switching to the following hardware:
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
  • Fanatec Steering Wheel R330
  • Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3
The hardware is expensive and i would invest the money if the upgrade noticeably improves driving behavior. (Or would it be wiser to save money and invest in a Fanatec Podiom wheel base instead?) If anyone has experience, i'm happy to receive tips.

Kind regards
koje

I did pretty much exactly that update (V 2.0 though) and the FFB is much stronger, for me the upgrade was worth it because it gives better feedback for driving on the limit. It is much easier to feel when the wheels loose grip and the other effects like curbs etc. feel harder and more realistic, also good for finding the track and driving limits. I only tried a DD once, it's a price issue mainly I suppose. Having said that, I am not sure if the upgrade really made me drive faster, maybe in the end it comes down to better feel only (for me).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I am interested in how much the driving behavior improves when I switch from a T300RS to a Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5 - regardless of the look and feel. I am aware that the feel and look of Fanatec is much better than that of Thrustmaster.

I am currently using the following hardware:
  • T300RS Racing wheel
  • T3PA-Pro Pedals
I only drive Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione and find the FFB lax in many GT3 cars.

I'm considering switching to the following hardware:
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
  • Fanatec Steering Wheel R330
  • Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3
The hardware is expensive and i would invest the money if the upgrade noticeably improves driving behavior. (Or would it be wiser to save money and invest in a Fanatec Podiom wheel base instead?) If anyone has experience, i'm happy to receive tips.

Kind regards
koje

You will probably get the most benefit from upgrading the pedals. Also, the ClubSport Wheel V2.5 cost with a wheel is almost as expensive as an AccuForce Pro V2 or Simagic M10 DD wheel. IMO spending that much money on a belt driven wheel may not give you the difference you are looking for.

Upvote 0
You will probably get the most benefit from upgrading the pedals. Also, the ClubSport Wheel V2.5 cost with a wheel is almost as expensive as an AccuForce Pro V2 or Simagic M10 DD wheel. IMO spending that much money on a belt driven wheel may not give you the difference you are looking for.

I second this about the pedals. Changing to load cell brake pedal made a huge difference in brake accuracy and lap times.

Upvote 0
I've just ordered a Clubsport V2.5 and I currently use a Thrustmaster T300 GTE with CSL Elite Loadcell Pedals, I expect to be no faster but Im hoping to enjoy it more.(weird though as I already enjoy it a lot)

Really want a bigger diameter wheel and something less plastic.

Upvote 0
I've just ordered a Clubsport V2.5 and I currently use a Thrustmaster T300 GTE with CSL Elite Loadcell Pedals, I expect to be no faster but Im hoping to enjoy it more.(weird though as I already enjoy it a lot)

Really want a bigger diameter wheel and something less plastic.

Right, dont expect it but you just may improve still.. I certainly did.

I think the argument gets settled once you start asking how much force feedback you prefer. Its something ive always wanted to ask on here but just dont know how exactly.

Me for example, I like really strong FF. My old g29 couldnt provide an adequate amount. I switched to the CSW (no pedal upgrade at the time) and my lap times improved tremendously.

Someone who likes much less FF wont improve much. I assume...

It certainly wasnt the larger diameter wheel because I used the same one on my g29.

Idk, just some ramblings that may be helpful.

-And I could be way off on all this.

Upvote 0
I upgraded to CSW2.5 from CSL PS4 and even that was a distinct upgrade worth the price of admission. It's much more solid so the wheel flexes a lot less in the base and while the increase in torque is noticeable for peaks it also provides considerably more detail and realism.

I didn't expect it to make me faster at all but it did, at lest for driving on the edge and my leaderboard times jumped up in Dirt Rally 2.0. I can recover from near wrecks that would have been a surefire spinout or yeeting a cliff/tree. There is heavy damping present on top of the more active forces and that increase in general resistance makes it a lot easier to tame a fishtail or prevent one in the first place. Feels a lot more like a real car steering system. It's quieter too.

I have CSL LC pedals and those were a massive upgrade from my last pedals (modded G29) that made me noticeably faster and more consistent as well. Not sure how much more performance I could find from nicer pedals though, probably not enough to justify the massive price increase but the initial jump to lc was worth every penny.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much to all for the tips.

I chose Fanatec and have already done my first laps. I can say that I feel a huge difference between Thrustmaster and Fanatec.

Fanatec feels much better to the touch. Everything looks more valuable and well thought-out. I think the FFB is much better at Fanatec. Not just something, but worlds. In direct comparison, the T300RS is tender and softer. Fanatec is more robust and more direct. The upgrade was worth it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years