Swiss Stroll Cg

Ruud

RACER Developer
I've been working on getting the old Swiss Stroll compatible for v0.8.11 (which hopefully will be out this afternoon, might work on v0.8.10 except for perhaps the waving banner shader).

Get it at http://www.racerdownloads.com/download.php?index=19

It looks nice & sunny, just as the weather is here (30+ degrees).

Issues:
- audio not working?

swiss_stroll1.jpgswiss_cg.jpg

Nice work, will have to take a look later.

Just my 2p from the screenies (mainly 2nd one), it looks nice, but the atmosphere is really pumping up that large mountain in the background to be quite bright vs what is in the foreground.
Assuming the levels/intensities of the textures are ok (give or take), then isn't it usually the case that things become darker and more foggy as they move into the distance, not become brighter?

Also, the trees don't seem to be casting shadows in the 2nd pic either... hmmm

I'm sure it's mere details anyway, so thanks for doing the hard work and getting it going :D

Winter Stroll will look fantastic with the snow turned on :D :D

Dave

The 2nd pic was made earlier, before the latest tweaks of today. The 1st pic is from today.
The mountain is fading into the atmosphere, which was a bit too bright perhaps in the 2nd pic.
It was good to do a regular internet track to see what came up. I took out the original shadow.dof which casted all the prefab shadows. I intended to do a tutorial on it but as I didn't know what to expect at the beginning, that was a bit hard. Lots has changed but it was mostly track.shd stuff. I also optimized a bunch of the dof files to get rid of a number of 'material_xxx' warnings. Still not entirely ok but well.

If somebody else can do Winter Stroll. ;)

Lol.. I'm not sure. The open/save popup should appear, it doesn't actually redirect you to a page.

This is a really great track, but I only get 30FPS >.< Ah well, new graphics card will come eventually :p

Btw, how about this for a new default track?

Good job Ruud, just too many Qlog errors. I couldn't find the alpinehorn or hear it along with a couple of other sounds.

I had to login before I could download the file, dumb me!

KS95, No it should not be the default track, carlswood needs redoing so that ALL racer features (surfaces, sounds, etc.) are available!

And a decent sky!

I've updated Swiss Stroll to get rid of all shader errors. Haven't looked into the audio yet, and the grass needs some tree-like shader to look better, plus I need to add some shadow_cast=0 option in shaders to prevent grass from casting a shadow (when shadowmapping).

Swiss stroll doesn`t work

I`ve tried many versions of racer to get Swiss stroll started, but there`s always the message "Shader ERROR". Is this a hardware or a software problem? What can i do? :confused:

O.K. Thanx. So i´ve to drive all the other great tracks - they are working without problems.
Apropos other tracks. Where can i get the newest tracks, which are the best ones?

Another question: I like Swiss stroll Snow very much. But is there a possibility to add snowflakes? That would be great! And i also saw some evening/ night tracks where cars have turned its headlights on? How does this act?

Thanx again for your answers! :)

Greetings Raphael

ATI doesn't support "for" loops, so it effectively can't do blurring in shaders unless you unroll the loop (into if (x >1), if (x>2), if (x>3), etc.). It is a fairly big handicap.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 39.0%