Swin flu / Mexican flu. Are you worried?

So far it looks like it is now starting to go away, but they expect to see it again during the next flu season. 18 people died from it in Mexico, but the "normal" flu kills like 30,000 people each year in the US - which of course the media doesn't mention when something like this happens, they would rather try and scare everyone because bad news is good news.
I think it is weird that flu strains are now passing from animals to humans though, and in the paper this morning a canadian farmer with swine flew he got in Mexico, actually gave the virus back to his pigs- about 200 of them. According the the health administration the people back to pigs characteristic is really uncommon.
But I try not to worry about things I can't control. :)

Just a FYI, apparently the Mexican gov't used this time of panic to pass some controversial laws, one being allowing US army to enter Mexico to help fight the drug ring or something like that.

I always find stuff like that interesting, heh.

no, the media probably think that they must change focus from money to something else for a while, don't worry we will have forgotten about this in a week or so, back to the finacial crises and so on....

• Stirb Iuliu

I think all this pigglet stuff is a hoax.

I think you should spend some quality time with yr family or fav hobby instead of keeping the hoax alive on forums.

Received an email informing us that we will be receiving masks, alcohol wipes (they will be sucked :D) and a few other items at work this week sometime. Still waiting :D

I can not imaging carrying out my work wearing a mask... i seriously don't think people would take me seriously.

We are however only suppose to wear the mask if there is an outbreak in our "area" / office etc etc etc.
Don't get me wrong I understand the importance of the "kit" if required however I still do not think people will take me seriously. :lol:

I wonder if Ramon received the same email :becky:

Seems to me like a mass media beat-up...cheap, sensationalistic journalism at its worst.

According to the WHO, the number of officially reported cases is 2384 worldwide. A rather small number for a pandemic given the world population estimate of 6.77 billion people.

I do feel genuinely sorry for those people who have died.

Spanish flu?

"Although the first cases of the disease were registered in the continental US and the rest of Europe long before getting to Spain, the 1918 Flu received its nickname "Spanish Flu" because Spain, a neutral country in WWI, had no special censorship for news against the disease and its consequences. Hence the most reliable news came from Spain, giving the false impression that Spain was the most—if not the only—affected zone."

We are always blamed of everything, spanish inquisition (german was worse), spanish flue (was not even ours), what happens to you guys? :rotfl:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back