Released Sweet Lamb 1.0 (Rally Wales GB)

eno72, this is the first time I try your track and it is absolutely stunning in every aspect, honestly more than expected, specially the contrast between skybox and ground textures, it just fit very well and road profile looks like a track made in max with thoses small elevation changes. I also like what you did with the bridge...

About road, are you using randomness on edges ? I want to know how you achieve that for my future track projekt and if you can send me that great river texture would be nice.

I'm happy to see stage not looking the same and having his own personality in a BTB-track made with GB xpack. I want to point out that my emphasize was not to promote every track look the same, but to encourage people getting started in trackbuilding. In a sense, you're very close in terms of what I was looking for...

thanks Jay,
it's good to receive appreciation from other track makers. I honestly support personalization of objects and textures. Some objects of your pack fit well, so I used them.
I used randomness for track nodes, horizontal and a bit of vertical to give a roughness idea.
The texture of the river is already present in the textures folder (river.dds). You can use it, I started from a CG textures photo.

cheers!

• Fatboymart

More realistic?? That the best stage ever made in BTB and it looks perfectly realistic... check a real video of Sweet Lamb, you'll see there is nothing to add!

I agree, I still cannot get over the grassy terrain - the look and feel is almost photographic, you can almost smell the atmosphere.

Without reading through all the thread again, how long has it taken to reach this level of detail?

I agree, I still cannot get over the grassy terrain - the look and feel is almost photographic, you can almost smell the atmosphere.

Without reading through all the thread again, how long has it taken to reach this level of detail?

thanks for your comment. It took something like 200-250 hours overall, but including all the learning step, spread over the period january-september.

Excellent Work

Just watched this years Rally GB, looks like you captured the feel very well - excellent work!

So...which stage are you going to attempt next...another Welsh stage, or one from another rally?

Just watched this years Rally GB, looks like you captured the feel very well - excellent work!

So...which stage are you going to attempt next...another Welsh stage, or one from another rally?

thanks, however this year the layout of this stage was different, it used maybe half of the 2008 stage, so it was not so recognizeable on TV.

Next? eh, eh, England? Scotland? in between? ...just a clue

• SPERGER

Next? eh, eh, England? Scotland? in between? ...just a clue

So that would be somethng from the Jim Clark or Keilder then? Great track by the way, even if I do always misjudge one of the corners every time I try it .

thanks, however this year the layout of this stage was different, it used maybe half of the 2008 stage, so it was not so recognizeable on TV.

It seemed for me that this year the stage continued after this versions finish line.. Maybe a bit longer version of the stage.. ? also have you been thinking adding more variations for the road surface. I think it is possible to do it by using skidmarks ( either wall or other road on top ) . Even the tarmac skidmarks on gravel looks good and realistic for me and not to think about if you make new ones for gravel... If the road surface is variable it makes it really much more real looking.

Hopefully we could have also the watersplashs for the plugin someday and for this stage as they are famous in this stage..

All the rest.... best stage for the plugin ! really. Even better than many originals.

I have thinking that skidmarks would be sand/rock strings, that would be very effective and great looking "texture". Thatkind skidmarks reveals track new kind way.

Here some pics in snow mod (WIP) :

rbr024.jpg

rbr032.jpg

[
rbr033.jpg

rbr034.jpg

rbr035.jpg

++

Beta version of the Sweet Lamb track for Richard Burns Rally in original format by me and the Track Development Team of RBR-Online.it. The rainy version is shown here.
Nearly 700 hours of work in total, soon available on RBR-Online.it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%