Swapping from Odyssey to Odyssey+

I've currently got the OG Odyssey running on the PC.

I recently managed to pick up the O+ and am planning to do the swap over on this coming weekend. Is there anything I need to look out for, specifically in relation to the correct order of uninstalling/reinstalling drivers and software?

I'm not sure whether I should remove software first or go straight for the hardware manager and remove the headset and drivers from there?

Would I also need to manually remove the current Hololens driver and pick up a different version for the O+?

There is also the Samsung Odyssey setup app that I believe will need to go and be replaced with the O+ version.

This is making my head hurt:thumbsdown::roflmao:

I tried the plus and ended up selling it and keeping the original odyssey.
I uninstalled everything and ran the new setup from scratch when I tried the plus. I don't think I did that when I switched back? So not sure what is different far as driver's are concerned?

Upvote 0
I tried the plus and ended up selling it and keeping the original odyssey.
I uninstalled everything and ran the new setup from scratch when I tried the plus. I don't think I did that when I switched back? So not sure what is different far as driver's are concerned?

Thank you. Can I ask why you went back to the original?

I haven't fired mine up yet but the first thing I noticed was just how uncomfortable the O+ is compared to the OG. Didn't fit my face nearly as well and had a ton of light leakage. I've just received some new face pads from VR cover and they've made a huge difference, making it even better than the original.

Now I'm just hoping to notice a big difference in screen door effect to make the jump worth it.

Upvote 0
Screen door is mostly gone but it looked like the protective plastic wrap was still on the lenses compared to the original. I would keep checking to see if I pulled them off, it was so bad. But most people that have the plus disagree though, so I'm interested in how you find it.
To answer your question, I just found the original odyssey more comfortable and much more clearer. And I never had the feeling of checking to see if I removed the plastic wraps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's interesting. You aren't the only person I've heard mention those shortcomings so I'll have to keep my fingers crossed and let you know how I find it.

Thanks for posting your thoughts :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%