Swapping from Odyssey to Odyssey+

EsxPaul

500RPM
Premium
Feb 17, 2016
I've currently got the OG Odyssey running on the PC.

I recently managed to pick up the O+ and am planning to do the swap over on this coming weekend. Is there anything I need to look out for, specifically in relation to the correct order of uninstalling/reinstalling drivers and software?

I'm not sure whether I should remove software first or go straight for the hardware manager and remove the headset and drivers from there?

Would I also need to manually remove the current Hololens driver and pick up a different version for the O+?

There is also the Samsung Odyssey setup app that I believe will need to go and be replaced with the O+ version.

This is making my head hurt:thumbsdown::roflmao:

vegaguy5555

250RPM
Premium
Mar 5, 2015
I tried the plus and ended up selling it and keeping the original odyssey.
I uninstalled everything and ran the new setup from scratch when I tried the plus. I don't think I did that when I switched back? So not sure what is different far as driver's are concerned?

Reactions: EsxPaul

EsxPaul

500RPM
Premium
Feb 17, 2016
I tried the plus and ended up selling it and keeping the original odyssey.
I uninstalled everything and ran the new setup from scratch when I tried the plus. I don't think I did that when I switched back? So not sure what is different far as driver's are concerned?
Thank you. Can I ask why you went back to the original?

I haven't fired mine up yet but the first thing I noticed was just how uncomfortable the O+ is compared to the OG. Didn't fit my face nearly as well and had a ton of light leakage. I've just received some new face pads from VR cover and they've made a huge difference, making it even better than the original.

Now I'm just hoping to notice a big difference in screen door effect to make the jump worth it.

vegaguy5555

250RPM
Premium
Mar 5, 2015
Screen door is mostly gone but it looked like the protective plastic wrap was still on the lenses compared to the original. I would keep checking to see if I pulled them off, it was so bad. But most people that have the plus disagree though, so I'm interested in how you find it.
To answer your question, I just found the original odyssey more comfortable and much more clearer. And I never had the feeling of checking to see if I removed the plastic wraps.

Last edited:
Reactions: EsxPaul

EsxPaul

500RPM
Premium
Feb 17, 2016
That's interesting. You aren't the only person I've heard mention those shortcomings so I'll have to keep my fingers crossed and let you know how I find it.

Thanks for posting your thoughts :)

Reactions: vegaguy5555