Tracks Sveg, Sweden

Sveg Raceway, Sweden

Official website: http://svegraceway.com/
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sveg-raceway.18818/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sveg-raceway.18818/
sveg_logo_wide_1200.jpg

Brought to you by The Sim Channel in partnership with Heusinkveld Engineering.

Situated in the heart of Sweden and close to the small town of Sveg, this track extends over the lake Svegssjön as one of its most characteristic features. The lake and the surrounding hills, thick forests, and open fields make for a great atmosphere in the most idyllic Swedish landscape. For one of the two passes over the lake, it uses the 505, a long uphill straight connecting the small village of Herrö to the Härjulfs väg. While these two roads and the 505's bridge were widened for motor racing, the rest of the track was built from scratch. From a driver's point of view, Sveg Raceway is characterized by its long straights, sweeping high-speed turns, and slower 90 degree turns. The flowing layout is challenging and fun at the same time, provides plenty of overtaking opportunities, and manages to feel appropriate for road and race cars of any class. The pit lane can comfortably host up to 14 teams, and features enough space for races of up to 32 cars.

Latest update, June 28, 2019:
Today, night lighting is introduced as the core new feature in Sveg Raceway 1.2. A lot of work was put into this track once again to further improve its look and and feel. Thanks also to the work of Peter "SOL" and Ilja "CSP", Sveg Raceway is now more beautiful than ever, day or night. Enjoy the track and if you like it, please consider a small donation via PayPal to donations@leonsuetfeld.com, and consider subscribing to my YouTube channel -- Thank you!

Author's recommendation for maximum enjoyment:

Porsche 962C Short Tail, mid April, 5pm to 1am, optimum grip settings.

Track Info:
track type: circuit, non-permanent race track, fantasy layout in a real environment
turns: 14
length: 8105m (racing line)
min width: 10m
height difference highest vs. lowest point: 22m
layouts: standard and "competition" with different paint (white lines) and stricter track limits, optimized for online racing
Current version: 1.2 (Jun 18, 2019)
laptimes: modern F1 ~2:08, GT3 ~2:40, fast road cars ~2:55-3:25

Project Info:
track by LeonS
groove by LilSki
some object donations by Rigel and LilSki
replay cameras by Leonardo Ratafiá (mostly)
behind the scenes help for blender & AC engine: LilSki, xtremepsionic and a few more people who like rock jokes.
beta testers: Nick Moxley, katikomer, Leonardo Ratafiá, aphidgod, AccAkut, RasmusP, Minime891
construction start: 2014
first release: 0.8 (Dec 23, 2017)

Support the Project:
If you want to support me and this project:
(1) Review the track after you've tried it.
(2) Tell a friend! Nothing helps me more than for you to spread the word and help popularize this track! Post videos and screenshots on YouTube, Facebook, and forums!
(3) Subscribe to my YouTube channel The Sim Channel and leave a like for the videos!
(4) If you want to do even more, you can donate to this address via PayPal:
donations@leonsuetfeld.com - thank you!

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_sveg_18-6-119-2-18-7.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_sveg_18-6-119-2-31-33.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_sveg_18-6-119-2-32-46.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_sveg_18-6-119-2-59-44.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_sveg_18-6-119-3-4-16.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_sveg_17-6-119-21-30-51.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_sveg_18-6-119-16-38-51.jpg

Chris Haye interviewing me about this project

Attachments

• trackmap.jpg
    trackmap.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 904
  • map.JPG
    map.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,024
Last edited:
what? Did not expect to see this ever again :D (old thread for the uninitiated: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/sveg-sweden.11011/)
Oh my, I actually forgot about this project :laugh: I liked the OP but didn't make the connection in my head.
Yeah I've been on and off this project for years. I recently revisited the place to take pictures for textures and I think it shows :)
What you show in the video looks very nice to my amateurish eyes already. Good luck and all the motivation you need to finish the track. I'm looking forward to it.

Oh my, I actually forgot about this project :laugh: I liked the OP but didn't make the connection in my head.

What you show in the video looks very nice to my amateurish eyes already. Good luck and all the motivation you need to finish the track. I'm looking forward to it.

Being so close to the finish line is probably what keeps me motivated the most. My to do list is only about one A4 page long currently :)

Thanks Thiago! My PayPal mail address for "gifts" is:

donations at leonsuetfeld dot com

(no spaces, at is @ and dot is . obviously -- I'd like mail address grabbing bots to overlook this one ;-))
Any support is of course greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!

I could use some advice: Instead of the currently displayed Logos on the Track (Yokohama, Volvo, etc.) I think it would be cool to get in touch with companies from the sim racing world and put up their logos. For this I'd be interested to hear which companies you've had pleasant communication with. So far I'm thinking Kunos, Heusinkveld and GT Omega. Alternatively, Swedish companies with connections to the automotive industry. There is lots of space for banners :)

I wouldn't go overboard with "virtual" companies, like on original Kunos Highlands it may just look "wrong" or too artificial (like NFS Shift track plastered with EA advertising), better opt for more of those swedish companies.

But about sim companies, these guys probably won't say no to a free ad on your track https://www.facebook.com/fitechmotorsport/ ...

I wouldn't go overboard with "virtual" companies, like on original Kunos Highlands it may just look "wrong" or too artificial (like NFS Shift track plastered with EA advertising), better opt for more of those swedish companies.

But about sim companies, these guys probably won't say no to a free ad on your track https://www.facebook.com/fitechmotorsport/ ...
That has more to do with repetitive usage of one brand than the type of brand.

http://www.v-racing.se/content/home/Home.php

Make sure you utilize the variation texture. Looks unnatural without it.
Hey LilSki, nice seeing you around here. Thanks for the advice, and I will take another look at it (there's one in there but I may not be using it to its full potential yet). If you have more advice for me on how to improve the looks of the track I'm happy to hear it!

This will be like a Le Mans circuit competitor? I don’t see this track working with a lot of cars because of the straights. Looks really nice and AI am looking forward.

This will be like a Le Mans circuit competitor? I don’t see this track working with a lot of cars because of the straights. Looks really nice and AI am looking forward.
I'm not sure if it's suited for large multiclass-fields, I didn't make it with that in mind.
Or what exactly do you mean by "Le Mans competitor"?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%