Tracks Sveg, Sweden

Fun fact: You can even drift on Sveg :)

sveg_11_26.jpg
sveg_11_27.jpg

So if I ever decide to put a little more work into this track, what would you guys wish for? This is more hypothetical than anything, at the earliest I would start working on it a couple months from now. But I'm curious, so let me have it.

So if I ever decide to put a little more work into this track, what would you guys wish for? This is more hypothetical than anything, at the earliest I would start working on it a couple months from now. But I'm curious, so let me have it.
That's an easy one. Reverse layout!
The tarmac is laid, the trees are growing, the grandstands are built, the bridges are strong, the lakes are filled. Use them all again..! :)
I've driven Sveg in reverse in an unofficial capacity and it works as a track, AND feels like a totally different experience.
Also: recycling assets is eco-friendly.

Last edited:
Pls no chicanerino. :sick: :) To be honest, it's hard to think of improvements for Sveg. Perhaps some weathering here and there to age the circuit a little? I'd like to see a different track surface on one of the corners adjoining the former public roads.

a short layout maybe for slower cars.
or maybe rally cross layout?

I was thinking about adding a shorter layout. it would obviously have to stay on the side of the lake where the pits are, i.e., make a right turn after T2 somewhere, and join the full track again at around T9 somewhere.

Rally cross is a no.

That's an easy one. Reverse layout!
The tarmac is laid, the trees are growing, the grandstands are built, the bridges are strong, the lakes are filled. Use them all again..! :)
I've driven Sveg in reverse in an unofficial capacity and it works as a track, AND feels like a totally different experience.
Also: recycling assets is eco-friendly.

Not gonna happen due to issues with realism. The curbs and track exits would have to be reversed (completely new placement of walls) etc., as well as extra run-off areas everywhere, signs, marshalls, new placement of fences, tire walls, footbridges, pit lane and paddock stuff etc. pp. - it would be a hell of an undertaking (possibly multiple hundred hours of work) and would never happen in reality. Won't happen on Sveg Raceway either, sorry. ;-)

It needs some 1st-gear chicanes, striped run-off areas and a dictator sitting in the stands.

Obviously not serious.

agree on the chicanes

Unfortunately serious.

If a short layout was to be developed at some point and it would have a chicane, then that one would be rather fast / large, like Road Atlanta or Deep Forest (Gran Turismo). But I'm not sure it would have a chicane at all.

Pls no chicanerino. :sick: :) To be honest, it's hard to think of improvements for Sveg. Perhaps some weathering here and there to age the circuit a little? I'd like to see a different track surface on one of the corners adjoining the former public roads.

I agree. Opted out of the patched tarmac to allow myself an 8k road texture though. But aging it a little doesn't sound too unreasonable. I was actually thinking about adding some more transitions between surfaces and some more overlays on the tarmac here and there.

Perhaps more life (people beside the track etc), more (colorful) ad variety, some trackside buildings (not many, just here and there). But tbh Sveg is already really decent. Perhaps time for you to think about a new track? ;)

Buildings: Only functional buildings in the pit area would be considered. If you have ideas for buildings with functions, let me hear it.
Ads: I'd love some variety, but I'm only putting down ads for actual partnerships in terms of promotion or donations. Otherwise it would be unfair to those who have agreed to join in a partnership already, and gave something in return for the banners.
Fans: Well, there are a few placed in positions that would be publicly accessible during race weekends, i.e. paddock and track exits, where the non-race track roads join (select 17+ opponents and check). Pretty much all other places are fenced off. To allow fans in other places would require infrastructure (walkways, fencing, access gates, parking lots, etc.), which I don't think would realistically be constructed, given the low number of fans expected to come to races that far up north. So I'm not gonna bother with it either. However, if a shorter layout is ever constructed, it could make use of much of the existing infrastructure around the grand stands and allow fans to watch from other vantage points as well.
New track: No. I've started other free-time projects and I'm not gonna invest much time into making a track again, unless I'm being paid for it ;-)

Last edited:
Not gonna happen due to issues with realism. The curbs and track exits would have to be reversed (completely new placement of walls) etc., as well as extra run-off areas everywhere, signs, marshalls, new placement of fences, tire walls, footbridges, pit lane and paddock stuff etc. pp. - it would be a hell of an undertaking (possibly multiple hundred hours of work) and would never happen in reality. Won't happen on Sveg Raceway either, sorry. ;-)

Oh well. I think it drives absolutely fine in reverse as it currently is (you make the necessary adjustments as a driver to allow for corners with no run-offs etc), but if you're worried about those things then why not call it "Reverse TT" and only have it open for hot-lapping, not racing, like a lot of private tracks do? It'd add variety and longevity and be an interesting change from the forward layout if anyone fancied a bit of a change. Sveg is a fantasy track after all so it's not like the FIA are going to be launching an investigation.

What about adding track lights/ spotlights around the grandstand/pit area. With the new shader patch and light configs we can now do 24hr time cycles. Having a lit up pit area would add some extra dynamic to night racing.

It's Tilkes wet dream :p

"How can I destroy driving flow today? How can I slow the camera sweep so that viewers can read the banners?"

I would vote yes for something like old Spa bus stop tho

As I said, there are some types of chicanes that are fine and that I would consider, but we'll see.

What about adding track lights/ spotlights around the grandstand/pit area. With the new shader patch and light configs we can now do 24hr time cycles. Having a lit up pit area would add some extra dynamic to night racing.

LilSki's been trying to push me to do that as well. If there is another larger update, night lighting is gonna be part of it.

It seems to be a great racetrack but I don't know why it crashes almost istantly when a take a ride in! Are there any tips to resolve the problem?
try not using all the pit boxes. also there is some automatic update to it in the shader patch that may or may not cause it. see support thread: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sveg-raceway.145216/page-3

Try disabling the shader patch in the content manager. Problem is it doesn't crash for me, so I don't know how to fix it.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back