Tracks Sveg, Sweden

what do you guys think should be done for it to be called a 1.0 release (and get good reviews)?

(I'm not sure whether I should release 0.9 rather soon, or take a little more time and go directly to 1.0)

Last edited:
thanks.
I'm still wondering what kind of features people expect for 1.0.
I'm leaning towards uploading a version 0.9 in a couple of days and work on it for a few more weeks / months to make it complete and then call it 1.0.

Not sure what else is missing at this point. Sounds like a plan to call it 0.9 if you feel better about it.

Yep, if there are still intentions for updates then 0.9 would be more appropriate than 1.0.
A 1.0 release should be the intended 'finished state' regarding original planned content, excluding bug fixes or optimisations.
That's my understanding of it anyway, but what the hell do I know, lol.
My last release is heading to the sea.
:p

There can always be a 1.x ;)
For additions to the originally planned content, sure. Extra ribbons, track lights added, bug fixes, optimisations etc. What sometimes seems to happen is an unfinished mod is released as a 1.0 even though the author knows it still needs work, but in a 'good enough' state for release. Those should by definition always be sub-1.0.
I think. :p

Release as a 0.9. See what the feedback is then go with what @Mascot said and treat v1.0 as final. You have a very ambitious list of future additions referring back to your website which I feel would bring much needed “life” to the track but I do recall in your earlier posts you were reluctant to adding to many unessessary things to it.

functionality wise as a race track it already meets that standard and is an absolute blast to drive. I am loving that your still adding to what is an already amazing circuit.

I'm going to have to go around this track slowly this weekend to see if there is anything I can think of to suggest before this track goes v1.0...I certainly can't think of anything off the top of my head.

My last release is heading to the sea.
:p
That's hilarious. :laugh: I'll be using that first chance I get. ;) :D

I'm going to have to go around this track slowly this weekend to see if there is anything I can think of to suggest before this track goes v1.0...I certainly can't think of anything off the top of my head.

That's hilarious. :laugh: I'll be using that first chance I get. ;) :D
well, there's the to do list on the website ;-)
svegraceway.com

added some plants

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_sveg_25-8-118-21-0-15.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_sveg_25-8-118-21-0-43.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_sveg_25-8-118-21-2-36.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_sveg_25-8-118-21-4-16.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_sveg_25-8-118-21-6-35.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_sveg_25-8-118-21-6-43.jpg

So I made up my mind about what I want in 0.9 and 1.0:

Planned for 0.9 (the "make it prettier" update)

• add some plants to all empty planes off-track
  • add little dents in guardrails to avoid ugly texture filtering
  • improve surrounding landscape
  • arrange new sponsorship deals
  • AI: fix occasional crashes at bridge 2
  • add fans
  • find a final solution for the tire walls
  • improve 3d grass LOD

Planned for 1.0 (the pit area update)

• make square loudspeakers for the pit lane (save polys)
  • add tents
  • add trucks
  • add cars
  • add storage building near the pit area
  • add flag pole(s) in pit area
  • add food stands
  • add crew stands in the pit lane
  • add further details to the pit lane
  • improve pit building's look
  • add pit lane grooves
  • add reverb zones

the 0.9 section is of course on top of all that's already done (see svegraceway.com/roadmap.php )

edit: that of course means 0.9 will come whenever I'm done with that list ;-)

Maybe add some more Swedish brands as billboards, to give some more authentic race atmosphere?
I'm taking a different approach on the billboards. Since this is a fantasy track there's nothing really to mimic, so I'm using the billboards as actual ad space. That means I'm putting up banners based on sponsorship deals. Not necessarily monetary, I'm currently mostly looking for promotion of the track.

If anyone has suggestions on how to get more promotion for the track, I'm happy to listen :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back