Tracks Sveg, Sweden

251px-H%C3%A4rjedalen_vapen.svg.png
251px-J%C3%A4mtland_l%C3%A4n_vapen.svg.png

The first one could be made into some cool decoration of the main grandstand for example. Spice it up with some red and black.
4.jpg

want? :ninja:

nice, good to see some progress on this track. now that there's night would you consider add some light posts? :)

Mhh maybe in the pit lane? I don't really know what the standard is w.r.t. light posts on smaller race tracks. Got any examples?

But there won't be flood lights or anything. That seems just really implausible, since the track is thought to be non-permanent in the middle of nowhere ;)

That's really nice to read :thumbsup: Here we all are, striving to make our hobby as realistic as possible, and yet some people seem so eager to slap some lights onto a track where they don't exist in reality, just to make it 'work' with the latest fad :O_o:

Mhh maybe in the pit lane? I don't really know what the standard is w.r.t. light posts on smaller race tracks. Got any examples?

But there won't be flood lights or anything. That seems just really implausible, since the track is thought to be non-permanent in the middle of nowhere ;)
idk, since it's placed on a real location maybe there could be lamp post like on any street, but it's not really necesary though, just a thought.

That's really nice to read :thumbsup: Here we all are, striving to make our hobby as realistic as possible, and yet some people seem so eager to slap some lights onto a track where they don't exist in reality, just to make it 'work' with the latest fad :O_o:
this is a fantasy track though, so.. besides it's not that i'm posting on every track thread to add lights. Even Lilski is adding track lights after he said no night racing occurs on Watkins Glen. so yeah, maybe it's just a new fashion :p

Yes I was against it at first but after trying it out it is lots of fun to not only setup but to drive at night. As for Watkins I am not adding any lights that would not potentially be there if they did actually run a night race. It is apparently very common to see portable generator lights around a track for night races and that is what has been done.

I don't agree with the ways some added lights to tracks with very little regard for realism. But when done right it can look very good.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_watkins_glen_16-8-118-1-41-16.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_shadow_v8_watkins_glen_17-8-118-21-34-10.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_shadow_v8_watkins_glen_17-8-118-21-22-52.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_shadow_v8_watkins_glen_20-8-118-1-0-57.jpg

20180817235706_1.jpg

Last edited:

My vote? Campfires. :D

:confused: Bridge expansion joints? :confused: I was just talking to a construction worker today about bridge expansion joints while waiting in line to pay for my gasoline. Holy coincidences, Batman. :laugh:

Ya know, just when I thought this track couldn't get any better you come along and blow me away. Fantastic work @LeonS! You've given us a wonderful gift. Thanks. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 220 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%