Tracks Sveg, Sweden

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase make the tyres blue and yellow

Hehe, I can understand that you want the track to be a bit more colorful, and I agree. The tires will be updated at some point, but I'm not sure I'm going to colorize them.

Speaking of tires though, does anybody have old tires lying around and a decent camera? Two images would be enough, like so:
__tires_01.jpg __tires_02.jpg
Before you rush to do anything let me know... it's not that simple to get it right, I'd provide some instructions.

(I wouldnt expect anyone to do this for me, but it could be worth a shot..) ;)

Hehe, I can understand that you want the track to be a bit more colorful, and I agree. The tires will be updated at some point, but I'm not sure I'm going to colorize them.

Speaking of tires though, does anybody have old tires lying around and a decent camera? Two images would be enough, like so:
View attachment 229667 View attachment 229668
Before you rush to do anything let me know... it's not that simple to get it right, I'd provide some instructions.

(I wouldnt expect anyone to do this for me, but it could be worth a shot..) ;)
I have some old tyres and a camera? Not a lot of daylight here though, so send instructions quick or it'll have to wait till next weekend :)

I have some old tyres and a camera? Not a lot of daylight here though, so send instructions quick or it'll have to wait till next weekend :)
Hey Gary! Thanks.

So to be usable as textures they would have to be evenly lit, like under a gray sky. No direct sun light, no walls throwing a partial shadow, etc. (completely in a shadow is fine, so long as no other harsh light source, such as a white wall in direct sunlight comes into play). Then zoom in as far as possible and move as far back as you can, so long as the tire still fills the frame. Then click. One picture with the contact surface dead-on, and one from the side, also dead.on. Like in the pictures above :)

Thanks a lot, highly appreciated :) (if the conditions aren't right it's fine, I'm sure I'll find some pictures or tires myself at some point)

Hey Gary! Thanks.

So to be usable as textures they would have to be evenly lit, like under a gray sky. No direct sun light, no walls throwing a shadow, etc. Then zoom in as far as possible and move as far back as you can, so long as the tire still fills the frame. Then click. One picture with the contact surface dead-on, and one from the side, also dead.on. Like in the pictures above :)
Cool I'll give it a go now, not the greyest of days here (surprisingly) so they may not be perfect.

nice, but the grass is the killer there, you should have like on Monza's Parabolica, Imola's Variante alta, not grass but painted tarmac with bit less grip
maxresdefault.jpg

26641.3.jpg

it's either grass+gravel or just tarmac. we are talking about people's life man! :p

This is everything that is wrong with modern tracks. There needs to be at least a small strip of grass to punish running wide. Modern F1 is driving on parking lots with lines on them and there are endless discussions about track limits... I'm keeping the "real" grass ;-)

also here the tires and not protecting anything (I can imagine the tires talking to each other " thank god Leon placed us away from danger :) "
VmHHcm8.jpg
If you miss your brakepoint youll end up in the tires. if you make it around the corner you dont need tires that much. im not particularly happy with that solution but i think it's better than it was before with the tires. its a bit like monaco turn 1.

Spent a couple of hours on this track tonight (in VR)

Nothing to complain about for me, the rumble strips seem appropriate for what they look like, they're quite a handful in the RSS Viper! Turn 1 in the Viper, sorry Vortex is damn exciting too.

It's a good track, it took me a lot of laps to get the hang of and start to improve my times and push without getting it terribly wrong. It seems to punish you for getting the wrong line a lot, I find it quite a challenge.

It's a little bleak but then that is the nature of the scenery. It would be nice if the barriers along the straight (before the bridge) were a touch lower so you could see the water over them, but it's not as if I should be looking there anyway ;)

Thanks so much for all of your effort, and congratulations on making a very 'real' feeling track, to come up with the whole thing and have it work so well is no mean feat.

I haven't been able to articulate what I want to regarding this layout, but I love it. I don't feel like I'm on a circuit like Nurburgring Sprint, nor do I feel like I'm on a public road like Transfagarasan.

I haven't been able to articulate what I want to regarding this layout, but I love it. I don't feel like I'm on a circuit like Nurburgring Sprint, nor do I feel like I'm on a public road like Transfagarasan.
its reminds me a bit of the WRC rally stage 'Panzerplatte', and also the Scandinavian highway landing strips, a bit militaristic in its minimalism

• fixed UV mapping glitch in pit lane
  • fixed wall collider in pit lane
  • more realistic grass look
  • improved shader settings for road and curbs
  • improved curb textures
  • improved guardrails
  • improved environment texture (WIP)
  • improved tire walls (WIP)
  • additional ad boards
  • added cones to help with brake points
  • added paint marks for sector ends
  • checkerboard as start/finish line
  • improve placement of ad boards
  • added supporting posts for fences where missing
  • larger/ more visible direction signs in corners
  • added some impact marks on walls (WIP)
  • add tarmac patches in T1 and T9
  • new tarmac around the start-finish-straight and around T6
honest feedback appreciated. colors, textures...?

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-1-55.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-2-41.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-4-2.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-7-54.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-8-26.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-9-8.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-10-33.jpg

Last edited:
  • improved curb textures
  • improved guardrails
  • additional ad boards

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-11-47.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-12-15.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-12-47.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-14-46.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-15-25.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-16-30.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-17-15.jpg

Last edited:
  • improved curb textures
  • improved guardrails
  • additional ad boards

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-18-29.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-19-16.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-20-5.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-21-32.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-22-57.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-23-24.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_19-2-118-14-25-38.jpg

Last edited:
Vegetation looks good to me.

Only thing that bothers me is that since the wall and adboards are in same color there's too much white. Some color variation in those boards would look better imo.

But the best looking pine forrest I've seen. Bikernieki has equally good looking forrest.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back