Sveg, Sweden

View attachment 227594

Track Info

track type: circuit, non-permanent race track, fantasy
turns: 14
length: 8105m (racing line)
min width: 10m
height difference highest vs. lowest point: 22m
layouts: standard and "competition" with different paint (white lines) and stricter track limits, optimized for online racing
Current version: 0.145 (Dec 23, 2017) - 0.8
laptimes: modern F1 ~2:08, GT3 ~2:40, fast road cars ~2:55-3:25...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Leon, firstly thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this track, outstanding work! Just ran a couple of laps on the competition layout, the only thing I would change is the two very wide exit kerbs (wider than a car) on the back half of the track which gives you cut track warning with PLP when you run over them, could you make them smaller in line with the rest of the track? I would also like to see the road markings on the public sections of the track like Spa had back in the day. Thanks again Leon and Merry Christmas!

Great track, thanks for sharing, was interesting following the development thread :)

Couple of things i noticed that i dont think have been reported:
small artifacts above trees
Screenshot_bmw_m3_e92_sveg_23-12-117-11-11-20.jpg

"Sveg" tag in ui_track.json is unnecessary, would just have:
"tags" : ["circuit","Sweden"],
the heusinkveld ads are a bit repetitive and kind of ruin the charm of the track a bit IMO
the grass is a bit yellow like zandvoort, assume its intentional though

Cheers :)

LeonS updated Sveg Raceway with a new update entry:

Sveg Raceway - the big 1.0 update is here

Almost a year after the initial release we're finally making the jump to 1.0, and it's a big update. The track has finally come to live with lots and lots of details added in all places, and a big overhaul of the overall look. These are the highlights from the change log:
  • improved shader settings for road and curbs, waters, fences, white lines
  • improved visibility of grid position markers
  • improved road, curb, and environment textures
  • improved look of grass, tires...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A
Great track, thanks for sharing, was interesting following the development thread :)

View attachment 227630
the heusinkveld ads are a bit repetitive and kind of ruin the charm of the track a bit IMO

View attachment 227630

At this point you should be looking at the apex, not the trees........;)

Hi LeonS,
So, I'm using the G29 steeringwheel. When driving over the curbstones the FFB physics of the G29 go crazy.
This is the only track that I'm experiencing this with. I'm using the same settings everywhere else without problems.

Hi, a follow up of my review. I believe that all curbs are quite hard. For example exit of turn1, and inside and exit of turn 2. I can see if I can make a film...:)

What am I doing wrong here? This track installs as a mod, not as a track, when doing the normal zip file drag 'n' drop into Content Manager. Any ideas?

uhm, I'd just take everything that's in MODS/sveg/ and drop that into the .../assetocorsa/ main folder.
Thanks - that did the trick. It's been so long since I've installed a track any other way I had a minor brain fart. I think the 'MODS' folder confused Content Manager (and me..!).

Is it my imagination or is the track surface a much lighter grey now?

Thanks - that did the trick. It's been so long since I've installed a track any other way I had a minor brain fart. I think the 'MODS' folder confused Content Manager (and me..!).

Is it my imagination or is the track surface a much lighter grey now?
it is.

I was told to use this folder structure for some automatic installer, don't know if CM or some other. The manual way works well enough though, I think :)

Ah, thought it looked much lighter. I did a few laps on 1.0 before updating to appreciate the updates. I might need to try a different pp filter in the Rift as the detail in the new track surface is lost using my current filter and I'm getting a lot of glare at low sun angles.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%