Sveg Raceway

Tracks Sveg Raceway 1.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Normal Content Manager drag 'n' drop installation method throws up this:
sveg.PNG

I've not had this with any other track installation apart from Sveg. Why is it trying to install a track as a mod? Weird.

Alright, waiting for the log. Since you're the only one with the issue so far I'm assuming the track is not broken in general, but I'd still like it to work for everybody.

Have previous versions of this track worked for you? Do you have the track details set to max or some lower value?
No, I'm not the only one with an issue :D and everything is installed the way it should be.
Previous versions never posed a problem.
Details maxed.

But, same as @Jeremy Chaim deleting all Sveg related files in the extensions folder cleared it. Track loads fine now, though I had my setting still on Time Attack which caused a crash. In practice mode (that's all I tried for now) it works as intended.

because of the way it is packed, all files are inside a MOD folder, therefore CM sees it as a JGSME type mod and will install it that way.
OK, thanks... but why is it in a MOD folder instead of a track folder?
What's the best way to install it so it's just a track and not a mod that needs enabling?
Or doesn't it matter?

Last edited:
OK, thanks... but why is it in a MOD folder instead of a track folder?
What's the best way to install it so it's just a track and not a mod that needs enabling?
Using JSGME (Generic Mod Enabler) you can control tons of mods in the MOD folder, enabling/disabling them at will. I have used it for a while when it was assumed to be best to disable SOL before installing a new CSP version. Now I have only Feldbergring Wet / stFlow and Wet Mod in MODS folder.
I tried installing Sveg in the JSGME/MOD to see if it worked that way, but it did not. Now I have it installed manually.

how to install 1.2?
put the files in MODS folder dosn't work. game crashes...

installed manual works only one time. then crashes again an dont start anymore....

pls load up file for normal installation in track folder.

Last edited:
Thanks for this track, layout is a blast for Group C and Group 5 cars, even those with LM aero and/or solid rear axle. All is working fine without crashes, provided it's installed as intended. Users that already have installed both stflow and ksPerPixelMultiMap_emissive (also comes with watkins glen) only need to drop the track folder in the usual place.

If anyone is having trouble with a managed install, you can do a manual install: Just open sveg_1.2.rar, double click on "MODS", then "sveg", and drag n' drop both "system" and "content" folders to your assettocorsa folder. Overwrite when asked and it's done. You can't simply drop the track folder alone because it also requires the shader files for \system if you don't have them already. Edit 2: This is no longer applies to v1.2.1, which doesn't follow JGSME folder structure anymore.

This track also comes with its own config and dummy 0KB vao file inside it's own folder, so you can remove any old sveg* files inside assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks or assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded (ATM there isn't any config on github, so the old config that caused issues won't be auto-downloaded again). With auto-download enabled, CM will still auto-download an outdated sveg.vao-patch and place it on assettocorsa\extension\vao-patches, but you can ignore it (or replace it with the 0Kb file) because the one included inside the track folder has priority and nullifies any vaos from github. (tested with csp p140)

@LeonS Regarding the use of the track vs. AI, you might consider including an ideal_line.ai file inside sveg\standard\data. A simple copy of fast_lane.ai renamed to ideal_line.ai is enough for it to work. This prevents the AI randomly pitting and staying in the box right after the end of the first lap with some cars. After a quick test with a DRM field, it happened to 1 to 3 cars due to this missing file. Thanks!

Edit: There are maybe 3 sharp right hand corners that end in tyre walls where the addition of blue/yellow arrow plaques to would be welcome when learning the track.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for this post, AlleyViper. I copied the middle section right into the track download post.

@LeonS Regarding the use of the track vs. AI, you might consider including an ideal_line.ai file inside sveg\standard\data. A simple copy of fast_lane.ai renamed to ideal_line.ai is enough for it to work. This prevents the AI randomly pitting and staying in the box right after the end of the first lap with some cars. After a quick test with a DRM field, it happened to 1 to 3 cars due to this missing file. Thanks!

Edit: There are maybe 3 sharp right hand corners that end in tyre walls where the addition of blue/yellow arrow plaques to would be welcome when learning the track.

Interesting, I did not know that about the AI file. Will do.
About the sharp corners: In my experience it's mostly turn 8 (leaving the red road) that gets overlooked by people learning the track. I played around with some options there but didn't like my solutions so far. I have an idea now how to solve it, so I might make a small update at some point. Got some other (really minor) things in mind that I also wanna add / fix. But for now people will have to learn T8 the hard way ;-)

Np, glad if it helps someone having trouble. Given the new shaders for water and lights glow at a distance that recent csp versions have introduced, you might look if some of the genius that maintain the repository will figure some new amazing effects for your track, even if the current contents inside the track folder ATM should bar them to be used without extra user action.

It might be better to ask one of the experienced track makers if there should be any extra particular difference between \ai\fast_lane.ai and \data\ideal_line.ai, even if most times both files included in a mod track are the same. The solution I pointed is just a quick fix for the random pitting AI at the end of the first lap.

It was the first time I've tried the track (I was waiting for the update since announced), so T3,6,7,8 without direction indicators were a bit confusing at first on a Kremer K3 (fast speed, slow brakes) when seen from a distance, mostly due to my old and low resolution monitor. T8 was maybe the lesser, because the approximation speed is much slower and there's more time to figure out.

The installation instructions should be clear. Did you simply copy the contents of the 1.2.1 rar into the assetto corsa root folder? Are you using the latest stable version of the CSP? Did you reboot your PC in the mean time? Did you try in practice mode?

The track shouldn't crash even without the shader btw, just the water will look bad. At least that's how it was for me.

It would be lovely if the shader mod had a shaders folder inside the track\extension folder so tracks could contain the shader and it would not need to be placed in ac system folder.

As for the topic, if the track doesn't load it might be good idea to look at the logs and error files in ac.

It would be lovely if the shader mod had a shaders folder inside the track\extension folder so tracks could contain the shader and it would not need to be placed in ac system folder.

As for the topic, if the track doesn't load it might be good idea to look at the logs and error files in ac.
It needs to be in the system folder to work without the shader mod installed though, unless you want animated water to require the patch.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.4%