Sveg Raceway

Tracks Sveg Raceway 1.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
LeonS updated Sveg Raceway with a new update entry:

curb rattle fix

Sorry guys, next hotfix on its way. This should finally tone down the curbs. If you're racing without curb effects, this update isn't gonna change anything for you -- no need to download again!

And I'm aware it's a pain in the attic to have the hotfixes coming in piece by piece, but apparently my personal quality control didn't really work all that well this time around. Just trying to keep everyone happy as soon as I know there's an issue. My appologies, and thank you for your understanding.

Read the rest of this update entry...

If it's a mod instead a track, you need to deactivate it before updating, and then activate it again.
If it's the first time you install the mod, CM will ask to install & activate at once

Sveg Raceway review:

- curbstone issue is fixed, great.
- Outstanding AI. (Very) fast and stable. Very well done!
Once you learn the track, it's a blast to race the AI. They attack, defend, and behave naturally.
- Great layout of the track. It's a power track with a very good flow.
- Graphics are very good and well optimized. It's a beauty.
- Challenging track to drive fast, but that's the way we like it.

This work deserves some credit. Donation is sent.

4 lap demo race with the RSS GT1 mod

Sveg Raceway review:

- curbstone issue is fixed, great.
- Outstanding AI. (Very) fast and stable. Very well done!
Once you learn the track, it's a blast to race the AI. They attack, defend, and behave naturally.
- Great layout of the track. It's a power track with a very good flow.
- Graphics are very good and well optimized. It's a beauty.
- Challenging track to drive fast, but that's the way we like it.

This work deserves some credit. Donation is sent.

4 lap demo race with the RSS GT1 mod

- rated the track
- entered the discussion in this thread
- made a very nice youtube video of the track
- made a donation

You're rewarded the Best Fan Award in the category "Sveg Raceway" ;-) Thanks a lot, very nice driving, good and clean race. I'm actually having fun watching these replays and I might watch this one more than once :)

I tried putting it the manual way and the track doesn't load. it shows uo Ok, but when it starts to load it just returns to the main menu. I've put in all my tracks this way and never had an issue. Any ideas ?

I tried putting it the manual way and the track doesn't load. it shows uo Ok, but when it starts to load it just returns to the main menu. I've put in all my tracks this way and never had an issue. Any ideas ?
it should work if you copy the content of MODS/sveg/ into the main ac folder. there's nothing unusual about sveg, except it requires the water shader thats in the MODS/sveg/system folder.

Ive installed everything from the MODS/sveg folder into my assettocorsa folder and the track still crashes after loading all the cars up.
1) do you have the shader patch installed? someone made changes to the track there that aren't approved or tested by me. if they are causing the crashes then there's obviously nothing I can do about it, other than to advice you to turn of the changes that come with the shader patch. let me know if that helps.
2) if it doesn't help, let me know which cars you put on for the AI

Last edited:
How can the shader patch make changes to the track? Not sure what you mean by that. Is it because Sveg installs as a mod, and some things get overridden by CSP or Sol?

Sveg is the ONLY track out of 700-odd in my collection that installs as a mod and not as a normal track. Could that be the issue?

Why does it have to install as a mod? It's very unusual.

How can the shader patch make changes to the track? Not sure what you mean by that. Is it because Sveg installs as a mod, and some things get overridden by CSP or Sol?

Sveg is the ONLY track out of 700-odd in my collection that installs as a mod and not as a normal track. Could that be the issue?

Why does it have to install as a mod? It's very unusual.
Sorry, it may be content manager, not the shader patch. One of the two automatically downloads additional kn5s, loads them in and disables objects of the original kn5. It's a "feature" to improve tracks, etc. For example, if you see working lights at pit exit, you're running the weird updated version.

And then I'm not sure what you mean by "it installs as a mod"? How did you install it, and how does it show up in CM/ the official launcher?

Sorry, it may be content manager, not the shader patch. One of the two automatically downloads additional kn5s, loads them in and disables objects of the original kn5. It's a "feature" to improve tracks, etc. For example, if you see working lights at pit exit, you're running the weird updated version.

And then I'm not sure what you mean by "it installs as a mod"? How did you install it, and how does it show up in CM/ the official launcher?
Long time since I installed it but I think Sveg automatically installs into the MODS folder, not the TRACKS folder (maybe when using CM drag 'n' drop). Something like that. I've never seen this with any other track.

Edit: yeah, I just downloaded it again and when you first unzip Sveg all content is in a MODS folder, so CM automatically drops it in there when you do the normal drag 'n' drop installation. Maybe the folder structure is corrupt?

Sveg isn't in my 'Tracks' folder like every other (700+) track, it's in my MODS folder. I've always wondered why..! I think the two of us have discussed this previously, but I might be wrong.

Last edited:
Long time since I installed it but I think Sveg automatically installs into the MODS folder, not the TRACKS folder (maybe when using CM drag 'n' drop). Something like that. I've never seen this with any other track.

Edit: yeah, I just downloaded it again and when you first unzip Sveg all content is in a MODS folder, so CM automatically drops it in there when you do the normal drag 'n' drop installation.
That's not how you're supposed to install it :)

For manual install, you take everything that is in MODS/sveg/ and drop that into your main assetocorsa/ folder. And then there's an install routine for the CM that I was told requires the folder structure with MODS/sveg/.

The reason you can't just drop everything into tracks/ is that it comes with the moving water shader and they goes somewhere else.

That being said, I'm still no closer to figuring out what causes it to crash for troch22.

That's not how you're supposed to install it :)

For manual install, you take everything that is in MODS/sveg/ and drop that into your main assetocorsa/ folder. And then there's an install routine for the CM that I was told requires the folder structure with MODS/sveg/.

The reason you can't just drop everything into tracks/ is that it comes with the moving water shader and they goes somewhere else.

That being said, I'm still no closer to figuring out what causes it to crash for troch22.
But surely the folder structure could be set up so that everything goes where it should go automatically? A lot of people (probably most people who use Content Manager, I imagine) just use the drag 'n' drop method to install tracks, and Content Manager does the rest if the folder structure is correct. I've installed plenty of tracks this way that use stFlow for animated water and it's never an issue. Not sure what's unique about Sveg? If you can't alter the folder structure then it might be worth adding installation instructions, as Sveg has a pretty unique method required - I can't be the only person who has come up against this?
Currently, if the Sveg zip file is dragged into CM (as I think most people would do) then CM will install Sveg as a mod, not as a track.

upload_2019-4-28_11-12-58.png

Apologies if I'm misinterpreting things here or have got something wrong..! :)

Last edited:
But surely the folder structure could be set up so that everything goes where it should go automatically? A lot of people (probably most people who use Content Manager, I imagine) just use the drag 'n' drop method to install tracks, and Content Manager does the rest if the folder structure is correct. I've installed plenty of tracks this way that use stFlow for animated water and it's never an issue. Not sure what's unique about Sveg? If you can't alter the folder structure then it might be worth adding installation instructions, as Sveg has a pretty unique method required - I can't be the only person who has come up against this?
Currently, if the Sveg zip file is dragged into CM (as I think most people would do) then CM will install Sveg as a mod, not as a track.

View attachment 303377

Apologies if I'm misinterpreting things here or have got something wrong..! :)
can you tell me a track that comes with the same shader? I can then have a look at how their folder structure is set up.

no, sveg comes with the shader. I'd need to see a track that comes with a shader in the package and see that folder structure.
Mmmm... can't think of any off the top of my head that do it that way. I think most just provide a link to stFlow here on RD, maybe in case the app gets updated..?

Ah, take a look at Lilski's Watkins Glen folder structure.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/watkins-glen-international.20204/

He provides some installation notes too, but the folder structures allows it to be installed normally with CM:

*********IMPORTANT*********
This track uses a custom shader by @Stereo. Because of this the the archive folder structure is different than previous versions. If you use Content Manager then you can just install it like any other mod. If you do not use Content manager make sure you copy the 3 folders shown here to the main assettocorsa folder.

upload_2018-10-3_13-6-36-png.272488

If the game crashes when loading the track then you did not install it correctly. Please use the support forum if you have any issues.

Maybe some similar notes for Sveg would be a good idea? Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

Edit: yeah, I just downloaded it again and when you first unzip Sveg all content is in a MODS folder, so CM automatically drops it in there when you do the normal drag 'n' drop installation. Maybe the folder structure is corrupt?

Sveg isn't in my 'Tracks' folder like every other (700+) track, it's in my MODS folder. I've always wondered why..! I think the two of us have discussed this previously, but I might be wrong.
The MODS folder is created by CM (or the underlying JSMGE mod installer), it's not a native AC folder, meaning it's just an extra storage folder for files a mod installed with the function would overwrite, so that you can "deinstall" it again.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 492 39.2%