F1 2010 Suzuka... S1 and S2 problem!

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Everyone,

My first race at Suzuka... I am woeful at this track!! I went into practice and i finished at around 1:43:xxx mark (dead last)! Where as pole goes at something like 1:37:xxx (normally Webber). The person finishing 23rd is also 1 second faster than me! I checked the times.. I am off the pace (as per Webber's lap times) in S1 by around 2-2.5 seconds and S2 by around 3.5-4 seconds. Could you please let me know if this setting is alright. It would be nice if you guys can spare some time and try it out on your PC and let me know if what you think and how much you guys can manage with this!

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 6
Rear Wing Angle: 5

Braking

Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: Hard
Brake Size: Standard (Other options not available in career mode!) :mad:

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox

Gear 1: 148 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 182 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 215 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 249 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 285 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 322 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 361 kph / xxx mph

Engine

Throttle map: Standard (Other options not available in career mode!) :mad:
Fuel: Fixed

Alignment

Camber front: -0.90
Camber rear: -3.20
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.35

Although you have a fair bit of wing, it looks like a setup for speed, rather than turns.

Off the top of my head I would say you need to soften the suspension and roll bars a bit. Have you looked at the setups in the Setup thread for some ideas to play around with?

I find taking those S1 turns in 4th works well for me (rather than losing momentum and changing down), you can straight line it through turn 3 and 5 taking a nice bit of kurb.
Try watching some onboards (real life or game) to try and improve your lines. Its easy to blame setup, but ive found ive always gained more lap time but taking a close look at my lines and trying new things.

One drivers setup is another drivers nightmare, so you really do have to put in the time to experiment with them, and fine tune your approach to driving the track too.

Maybe doing some TT mode using a slightly faster ghost will help you see where there is time to be made, once you get past that ghost, move on to a faster one and so on.

Yeah I am using Bram's config from the Setups thread. But with that it was almost uncontrollable for me! The veered wide on every turn that i took! So had to make increase the wings higher so that at least i stay on the road! So i modded it a little bit to my comfort and now my driving is a bit smoother but still the times come out as crap!

Bram's setting was something like:

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: Hard

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1

Gearbox

Gear 1: 148 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 182 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 215 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 249 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 285 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 322 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 361 kph / xxx mph

Alignment

Camber front: -0.15
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.35

Go to the leaderboard in TT mode, choose the track and then pick a ghost to race.

Like I said before, doing a decent lap of Suzuka with 11's for roll bars and springs only works for one man - and we all know who that man is!! I would suggest softening them up. Pretty sure I run more wing than that in Career mode, but as I said before, what suits someone doesnt always work for someone else.

Go to the leaderboard in TT mode, choose the track and then pick a ghost to race.

Oh.... Thanks! I never tried this!

Like I said before, doing a decent lap of Suzuka with 11's for roll bars and springs only works for one man - and we all know who that man is!! I would suggest softening them up. Pretty sure I run more wing than that in Career mode, but as I said before, what suits someone doesnt always work for someone else.
I'll try with something like 6 or 7 and see if that helps!

Are you doing the R+D challenges when offered? This is how you develop the car, by meeting the criteria set by the team to get the upgrade. Normally you just have to do a lap within a certain time - to be honest the time limits are a bit of an insult if you ask me, far too easy to beat!

Good luck with the setups mate. Let us know how you get on.

Hello there.
From My point of view, you have these setting wrong:

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1

Increase the Height of your car, the back should be higher that the front.
2 for the front and 3-4 for the back will let you attack those curbs without fear :cool:

Try a mild configuration for the Bars and Springs

Soften the front Bar for less understeer ( that is what is putting you of the track :) ), between 4-6

Keep back bar high for more traction, from 8-10

Soften the front springs for a better cornering speed , same as front bar ( 4-6 )
Soften the Back springs for less oversteer and better traction.

Keep front camber to negative ( impact in tire wear is not so big ) -1,12 to -1,50

Balance the break a little bit more to the front, you will get better brake distance ( i use from 52 Front 49 Back for Suzuka)

The wings seem fine, but if you have still a lot of understeer put more front wing :D

Ok thats all from me hope that this can help you nail Suzuka.
Give us your feedback m8.

Cheers. :thumb:

Barring a first 2-3 races where i didn't know what to do.. I have hit all challenges that were there! The times are an insult for sure, even for such a poor driver as me! :tongue:

I will check out the settings and try to tune it when i go home today!

Thanks Paul & Sergio for the help! It was really good insight!

Forget settings, driving, timings... I ran into a disaster yesterday. My windows crashed! :frown:

I tried to do something from the recovery console and it messed up almost everything. But somehow if i do eventually reinstall windows and recover the saved games, would they work on a fresh windows installation and F1 2010 installation??

Yes, but there is a particular way you need to reintroduce your save game information when you do a fresh F1 install.

I think you need to start a new career - do nothing and then exit the game. Navigate to the save game folder (which was created when you started the new career) and then copy the contents of your old folder into the new folder.

The info is on the forum if you need it. Maybe come back nearer the time as you never know, repairing windows may not require a fresh F1 install too.

Good luck

Backup carreer

Hi, if you install windows over the old one i thinks its possible.
However you should not format the partition in which you have it.
If you do this you can retrieve the save-game from your "old" profile.
After install check documents and settings and i thinks the folder My documents and all its content should be there.

crossing fingers m8.:pcbeat:

One last question.... How do you unlock Throttle Map and Brake Size option in career mode? I am into my 14th race and still i don't have either of them enabled. On fast tracks, not having the Throttle Map really hurts my qualification timings!
I found that editing your setup in Grand Prix mode and then loading it up in career gets around the issue of not being able to set the size of your brakes during career mode.

What I do is go to grand prix mode, edit my setup there (changing the brake size), saving it then going over to my career to load my setup there. Can't edit the setup in career mode afterwards because it will default back to the standard brake size. I don't even look at the brake size option when I load my setup in career mode.

I found that editing your setup in Grand Prix mode and then loading it up in career gets around the issue of not being able to set the size of your brakes during career mode.

What I do is go to grand prix mode, edit my setup there (changing the brake size), saving it then going over to my career to load my setup there. Can't edit the setup in career mode afterwards because it will default back to the standard brake size. I don't even look at the brake size option when I load my setup in career mode.

Nice workaround!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back