F1 2012 Suzuka - Japan (Dry)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I can't break 1:40:00 on all setups on PC using a Logitech controller. I've been extremely fast on all other circuits until Suzuka. Videos shown, are accelerating out of corners with DRS and KERS engaged, which is impossible for Vettel and on the PC version..

I am testing Moutas and Marmites setups. I am using assists.

Moutas setup I have hit the 1:32s pretty quickly, however I have not really played this track before and not played this game for six months. Will edit with more testing.

EDIT: Just hit 1:31:7 with Moutas, probably room for improvement as well, but am happy with it. Moving on.

Edit2: Tried Marmites setup Managed to go three tenths quicker but it was a lot more work. I think its more for those players with no assists and manual gears, it is very stable, and with good gear choice, you can make it round corners really well.

Think ill use Moutas, it turns in better for me, I could afford to lose a little front line speed for that.

Just shows the difference in downforce between the likes of the mclarens and my career williams. I have to have the wings at 9-8 otherwise I cannot brake for the hairpin without totally locking up with just a touch of the brake pedal yet try it in a mclaren and you can go as low as 2-1 wings and no lockups with every other setting the same. Im using Marmites setup but with wings at 9-8, brakes at 45%-55% and gears all lowest to compensate for the extra wing and can get into the 1.35's with all the aids off.

Just shows the difference in downforce between the likes of the mclarens and my career williams. I have to have the wings at 9-8 otherwise I cannot brake for the hairpin without totally locking up with just a touch of the brake pedal yet try it in a mclaren and you can go as low as 2-1 wings and no lockups with every other setting the same. Im using Marmites setup but with wings at 9-8, brakes at 45%-55% and gears all lowest to compensate for the extra wing and can get into the 1.35's with all the aids off.

OK well apparently despite having loads more wing im SLOWER than every other car, including maldonado in the other williams, in sector 1 and 2 despite it all being high speed corners and then so slow on the straights that the other cars are just driving past? How the **** can you be slower in a straight line and yet slower through the bends? I tell ya this game takes the piss sometimes. Funny thing is when i ran with this setup in practice my sector 1 and 2 was fastest of all lol. And of course now im stuck with the setup for the race. Oh well might just be another 1 to retire from. I wish they would sort out the AI times from practice to race day. How the hell are you meant to set your car up correctly if you are blitzing the field all through practice on PRIMES then cant keep up in race and quali?

Car

Toro rosso

Circuit

Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance

15 laps and qualifying

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 8
Rear Wing Angle: 7

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: medium
Brake Size: standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 6

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8

Gearbox
Gear 1: kph / mph
Gear 2: kph / mph
Gear 3: kph / mph
Gear 4: kph / mph
Gear 5: kph / mph
Gear 6: kph / mph
Gear 7: kph / mph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3 fuel 5/3 laps

Alignment
Camber Front: 3,50
Camber Rear: 1,50
Toe Front: 0.15
Toe Rear: 0,50

Tyres
option

I'm DIEING for Catherham setups, for all tracks, guess I should have gone to Torro Rosso when I got the offer, this little green frog car doesn't play well at all at the second half of the season. The discrepency between practice times and race times for AI is giving me the Sh* ts, guess it wont get fixed.

Great setups here tho, I'm going to try Mouta's with the Catherham, but Pls pls pls, anyone with Catherham setup for Suzuka pls post.

PS3, career, pad.

Car
mclaren

Circuit
Suzuka

Condition
Dry

Distance
tt

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 9
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 9

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3/2
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
140kph
170kph
198 kph
227 kph
262 kph
301 kph
341 kph
Engine
Fuel Map:

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.5
Camber Rear: -1.5
Toe Front: 0.05
Toe Rear: 0.20

Tyres
option

please put the time you do with the settings, the confuiguracion is very stable and fast manageable besides, I'm in the top 50 ps3, anyone can get good fast can get in the top 5 in this configuration.

This is just unbeatable stability through the S bends ,great setup,i was taking seconds off my time, final time was 1:38.3 during qualifying in career mode driving a force india. G27 Race wheel

Car
William

Circuit
suzuka

Condition
Dry

Distance
100%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle:11
Rear Wing Angle:4

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: medium
Brake Size: standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar:11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9
Gearbox
Gear 1:134 kph
Gear 2: 167 kph
Gear 3: 198 kph
Gear 4: 230 kph
Gear 5: 266 kph
Gear 6: 301 kph
Gear 7: 336 kph

Engine
Fuel Map: RICH #

Alignment
Camber Front: ALL THE WAY LEFT
Camber Rear: ALL THE WAY LEFT
Toe Front: ALL THE WAY LEFT
Toe Rear: ALL THE WAY LEFT

Tyres
option

Notes
i posted these times in quali Q1-1.37. xxx Q2- 1.37.721 Q3-1. 1.40.381 coz of rain
i didnt post a good time in q3 as bloody rain i struggled with understeer in s2 and through s's in s1
Ive done these times in career with no assists on and on PS3 with A1 Proffessional with 100% race distance let me know what you think gears could do with a touch up maybe?

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 116 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing