F1 2010 Suzuka - Japan (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, i made some changes in the setup... can anybody try with this and tell me???

thanks (excuse my english, im from argentina)

Suzuka - Japan (Dry)

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8

Gearbox

Gear 1: 148 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 182 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 215 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 249 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 285 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 322 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 362 kph / xxx mph

Engine

Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Fixed

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

RageGT - So take time trial and Ferrari or Redbull no carrer and you will see how fast you can drive with this setup. :)

btw: its very good setup.Before I coudn't make even 1:33 and now 1:30! but a little bit of more front downforce :)

Did you see world record? 1:16 haha..its impposible!

i preffer more areo to Suzuka :) with RageGT i made my best time but when i change front 8 rear 5 wings , and balance 6/11 i made 1.2 sek better time, (u gain more time on 5 corners long chicane, even if u loose on straights) ofcourse KB my time now 1:32.1 still weak :(

I have a question about this setup. How are you guys getting 148 kph gear setting in the game? After converting it to mph it comes out to 92 mph. The setting only allow for 85 mph as the highest speed to set first gear to. Just wondering. Thanks.

Why I am getting in 1st year carrer mode in lotus 1:37.576?:( dont know what im doing wrong:( btw anyone recommend good but no so expensive pc steering wheel? ( i got logitech force ex at the moment)

I am a die hard GT fan, and like as such a simulator that represents reality as much as possible. But having waited for YEARS for GT5 to finally be available and being a F1 enthusiast in real life, I have bought F1 2010 as a filler and must say I enjoy it. It does tend to be very easy though - Leading both championships with Virgin in my first year. Diff set to pro, rules, damage, tyre and fuel on. O.K. i don't win every race due to at least one spin at some point, but podium is a given.

What I don't understand is that most setups here are specced to low(er) DF and high(er) speed. That is so contrary to what real F1 cars/teams do. I have read that the setup in F1 2010 has only a minor repercussion to the actual feel of the car and hence the overwhelming overweight of low DF setups throughout the game. e.g. Setting dampers to 11 11 or medium DF in Monaco just can't be the right thing to do. Can anybody here prove me wrong by stating that he/she/it has faster laptimes with more lifelike setups? Specifically Suzuka, as it is normaly known to be a med to high DF course.

I haven't driven time trial yet, so my times are still quite obsolete here. Once I get around to that I will.

On a side note. Is there any way to get telemetry data in the game?

I would like to know the answer to your question as well. I noticed myself that a lot of the setups are not very different from each other except in the down force and spring settings. I'd like to try a few setups from my other racing sims but I'm afraid this game just doesn't have the in depth settings to really make a difference. If you find the answer to your question, please let me know as I'm a bit off on most of the times on these tracks as well.

I could be wrong about this, but i have the sense that the settings values in this game are not absolute but rather they are relative. That is to say, you will note the camber or ride height settings are not listed in any kind of unit value (degrees or inches/cm). So that, say for the wings, a setting of 6-front and 6-rear at Monaco does not mean the same thing in absolute terms as the same setting of 6-front and 6-rear for Monza. Rather, you start with a car set up in a basic way for each track, and the changes you make are simply adjustments of 'higher' or 'lower' by degree to each part of the car. This would be why similar numbers seem to work well for many folks at very different types of tracks.

I noticed for example that I could achieve a certain top speed at Canada, but with the same settings values at Valencia I could only get several KPH slower at the end of the longest straight despite hitting the rev limiter in gear 7 at both circuits.

So I'm starting to be convinced that the standard, 'everything in the middle' setting of the middle quick setup is actually different from track to track in an absolute sense and we are not privy to the absolute values of any of the settings on the car. I could be wrong about this, but I am more and more thinking this is the case.

Naah, i think ill need to adjust mine a little but havent had time yet.

Try:

suspension:
- front 8
- rear 9

antiroll bars:
- front 6
- rear 9

Understeer should be gone now and most cars will handle a bit better. Could you test this out for me?

I'm on a 360 controller on PC and I was struggling massively with understeer. I changed my set up by not messing with the camber and alignment at all from the far right quick setting and am using suspension 8, 8 and anti roll at 8, 8. It has worked out very well for me so far but I shred my front tires now.

i would also like to know the answer. also real life grand prix cars are brake biased to the front because of the weight transfer yet hardly any of the set ups on this site have that ????

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back