Brakes

Brake Pressure: 90%
Front Brake Bias: 54%

Tyre Pressures
Front Tyre Pressure: 22.2psi
Rear Tyre Pressure: 20.7psi

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 7

Notes: An odd weekend for a few reasons. The track only has one DRS zone, but I figured I needed more front line speed so I put the wings to 4-4. I was struggling with this, so I ended up with 6-4, when I should've stuck with the original 5-5. I've yet to put any performance upgrades on the car (only reliability), and I think the front running teams took a step forward.

All three Race Strategy programs claimed I was struggling with tyre wear, so I put the cambers lower. This was a mistake. I did not optimize my fuel saving program because backing off to much causes the computer to give you significantly less fuel to work with. Qualifying wasn't easy as the Ferrari's were quick. Stuck it in 3rd in Q3, and got promoted to 2nd for the race thanks to Vettel's penalty.

In the race, Kimi flew out at the start. I struggled to keep the Mercs and Ricciardo behind. From my point of view I was slower in the first sector, quicker in the second, and even in the 3rd. When I compared my times to Kimi (who was in free air) I found my first and second sectors losing me 0.5 to 1 second a lap. I was struggling to get through the twisting corners at times, which was probably due to the wing values and camber. As for racing against others, Ricciardo was a major threat til he ran in to the back of my teammate Wehrlein. I had extra fuel which made the car heavier than usual in the beginning.

Had I redone this race, I'd have saved Rich setting for straights. After the second pit stop I ended up behind Bottas, who was on a 3 stop strategy compared to my 2 stop. I got 2nd back later when he came in for his third. I did well to keep pace with the Mercedes, but I rolled home in 2nd .. almost an entire minute behind Kimi. I ran longer in my second stint so I could burn up some fuel, so I could go all out at the end. Improvements to be made in setup and tactics for next time:

- Change wings to 5-5. Give my tires more camber to help with the first two sectors. Possibly rise Anti Roll bars and Suspension slightly (but this may throw off the balance).
- Don't waste Rich in corners, save for straights as that's where Sauber suffers.
- With the changes, 2 stop should still be doable and the quickest way. Lean on the tires more, as they can handle it despite what Race Programs say.
- Supersofts are not that much better than Softs, so get off them early (but not too early) if possible. Never use the Mediums, they are bad. The Soft is the best race tire for sure.
- The AI is not so smart. Keep the inside line when defending, or they will knock you off track in turn 1 and 15.

29214683_1988329388084752_5750059334931316736_o.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back