Sutil Hits Out at Hamilton

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Adrian Sutil has hit out at Lewis Hamilton and said he has lost all respect for the Mercedes driver as a person.

The Force Indian star and Hamilton fell out following an incident in a Shanghai nightclub in 2011. The 30-year-old German had hoped the Briton would serve as a witness in a trial that saw Sutil eventually convicted of causing grievous bodily harm for an assault on Lotus executive Eric Lux, however Hamilton’s appearance never materialized.

According to Sutil, ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix in May, Hamilton had suggested they get together and patch up their differences, suggesting he ‘wanted to put things right’.

Asked whether he and Hamilton had cleared the air, Sutil said: ‘No, no. For some reason he never contacted me again. He always said he is my friend but he wished to suddenly disappear, he changed his number. I saw him in the paddock and he always said, “yeah, we can sit down and talk about it”, but he never arrived. So these kind of people I don’t really respect, I respect him as a sportsman here, but in private he’s not on my level and I don’t need to waste time with those people. I’m happy I realised what kind of person he is.’
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited:
Pretty pathetic comment from Adrian I think. I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with someone that goes round assaulting other members of the F1 paddock, if I was a driver.

He hardly went around assaulted people...
It was an accident where someone was cut on the throat by glass and Hamilton would have been able to witness and say what happened but he never did.
He pretty much left Sutil there to deal with it himself.

I love Hamilton as a driver but as a person he pretty much showed where he´s at with this.

He hardly went around assaulted people...
It was an accident where someone was cut on the throat by glass and Hamilton would have been able to witness and say what happened but he never did.
He pretty much left Sutil there to deal with it himself.

I love Hamilton as a driver but as a person he pretty much showed where he´s at with this.

It happened in a location with plenty of witnesses. If he was innocent, he would have been found innocent IMO.

I'm not actually a fan of Hamilton but I think in the same circumstance, I would have done the same thing. I would perhaps never agreed to be a witness but I wouldn't really want to talk to him.

It happened in a location with plenty of witnesses. If he was innocent, he would have been found innocent IMO.

I'm not actually a fan of Hamilton but I think in the same circumstance, I would have done the same thing. I would perhaps never agreed to be a witness but I wouldn't really want to talk to him.
You are missing the point,

Sutil chose his friend as witness for the court, he depended on Lewis there but Lewis betrayed him in reality.
This is the reason they don´t talk anymore.

It wasn´t like Hamilton also explained the situation to Sutil, he just went silent during that period.
Perhaps he had other problems of his own but he´s still your friend.

Edit: it´s the principle that Sutil is mad about, not the conviction.

None of us know what actually went on that night so it's all speculation but look at it from a different point of view. What if Hamilton saw what happened but Sutil had forced Hamilton into a corner by getting him to lie for him. Sutil, the best friend, begging Hamilton to lie for him through desperation of not wanting to lose the job he loves. Any normal person would be torn between helping a best friend out by lying or telling the truth in front of the world media, which could have then lead onto Hamilton going silent about it all.

I'm not trying to defend Hamilton here. Just giving a possible perspective that would make sense of Hamilton's behavior.

As someone said, there was multiple witnesses so lying would pretty quickly be shot down.
He´s perhaps not the smartest guy in the world but i don´t think he´s that stupid to think that Hamilton will be able to pursuade a whole court while everyone else is giving a different account of what happened.

Precisely. He was found guilty so the witnesses must have seen it differently to how Sutil made it out to be. If that is the case then why would he want to put his best friend through that unless there was good enough reason to. Either to lie for him or give a different interpretation of what happened. EIther way it would not matter because like you said, there were multiple witnesses that gave a difference version of events anyway. Something dodgy had to have gone on for Hamilton not to turn up in court. You wouldn't just not turn up to court for your so called best friend if there was no good reason to.

Precisely. He was found guilty so the witnesses must have seen it differently to how Sutil made it out to be. If that is the case then why would he want to put his best friend through that unless there was good enough reason to. Either to lie for him or give a different interpretation of what happened. EIther way it would not matter because like you said, there were multiple witnesses that gave a difference version of events anyway. Something dodgy had to have gone on for Hamilton not to turn up in court. You wouldn't just not turn up to court for your so called best friend if there was no good reason to.
Maybe he just wanted his friend alongside him no matter what.
I know if my friend was in this situation i would go to there and just be there for him in case there was something he needed.

If i did not even go i would consider myself a coward and not expect to be treated any differently.
Especially if i just not answered the phone for a month pretending he doesn´t exist.

This is why Sutil is angry, it has nothing to do with the incident itself.

I am not a fan of Hamilton, but it was a no win situation for him. He rightly did not lie for Sutil, but at the same time maybe he also did not want to be seen in all the tabloids pointing his finger at Sutil. So better to just say nothing. Sutil was found guilty, I have to therefore assume there was enough evidence without Hamiltons input. Therefore, I think Sutil should understand Hamltons perspective and be the one apologising to Hamilton, for even thinking that he could put a friend in such an awkward position. As chargingcar correctly says, 'he is not on my level' - correct Sutil, but you have it the wrong way round, you were the one in the dock.

I know if my friend was in this situation i would go to there and just be there for him in case there was something he needed.

If i did not even go i would consider myself a coward and not expect to be treated any differently.
Especially if i just not answered the phone for a month pretending he doesn´t exist.

I would like to bet his management company (Simon Fuller in there?) advised him not to go in. Sutil is a little selfish at times - as we saw at china when he just knocked into Di Resta and saw it was just a "racing incident". More like he was reckless.
The guy rarely smiles. Says a lot about him.

I would like to bet his management company (Simon Fuller in there?) advised him not to go in. Sutil is a little selfish at times - as we saw at china when he just knocked into Di Resta and saw it was just a "racing incident". More like he was reckless.
I Do not care for him that mutch either m8 ,I am a Hamilton fan through n through,
To be honest he his the only reason why I keep watching Formula 1/
I only started back watching it in 2006 ,And that was only due to Schumachers rain had finished.
If it was not for Hamilton & Kimi , I would probably stop again Can not stand Vettel
or Button for that matter ,
You only hear Button on the Radio and always complaining of Understeer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;)

Sutil is being an ass.
What does he expect?
It's probably better that Hamilton not testify.
Lux did not die so there was a second side to the story for people to hear.
Did he really think McLaren would let their 'star' driver become embroiled in an assault case?

I'm sure I read that McLaren had advised him not to go.

I was about to write a comment but Hampus took the words right out of my mouth.

Justice is served when members of the public stand up and tell the truth.
Its what we expect of our fellow humans who want to live in a free society.
Its certainly what I would expect of a "friend".
Lewis just had to turn up and tell the truth.

I was in court 2 years ago (in an employment tribunal, nothing too hairy) one star witness who had come to my home to make his statement later pulled out from testifying through nothing more than being a coward. I won the case anyway but cant talk to this guy or regard him as a man.

So no matter how fast or famous Lewis is or how rockstar his girlfriend is or how corporate his image is, he was aksed to man up and didnt. (IMO)

Your honor, the flute sticking out of Eric Lux's neck was not my friend's fault.
Wait...it still sounds ridiculous.
He needs to stop whining and extend his hand to continued friendship...or move the heck on.
I like Lewis...but he too seems too eager to want to be liked.
Sutil would have had to approach me first in that situation.

Hmm, and why does Lewis never meet him in private and speak about it, even though he says the opposite?

Is he worried that he comes into the room and finds Adrian with a beer glass in his hand?:p

Jk.

I thought we were through with this story. Maybe people should STOP asking him again and again so we don't have to read this stuff anymore.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back