Sutil handed 18-month suspended sentence

Adrian Sutil has today been found guilty of bodily harm against Lotus co-owner Eric Lux and has been handed an 18-month suspended sentence.

Adrian_Sutil_Force_India_012.jpg

He has also been ordered to pay a 200,000 euro (£167,224, $264,092) fine.

Following last year's Chinese Grand-Prix, it arose that Sutil had attacked the Lotus co-owner in a nightclub with a champagne glass, today he was convicted of the incident in Munich.

Sutil, who doesn't have a drive for 2012 after being let-go by Force India, has said that he never intended to hurt Lux and that he had done his best to demise the situation in the months following.

Lux suggested to the court that the German had never even apologised to him face-to-face and this was what he was looking for to close the matter.

source

From F1Zone:

Adrian Sutil has expressed his anger with Lewis Hamilton following Sutil’s trial in Munich yesterday.
Lewis Hamilton was summoned to the trial but was unable to attend due to other commitments.
Sutil, 28, was charged with causing bodily harm to Eric Lux, co-owner of Lotus, and received an 18 month suspended sentence and a fine of 200,000 Euros, payable to charity.

Sutil told Bild that ‘Lewis is a coward and I do not want to be friends with someone like that’.
He also added that, ‘He is for me no man, even his father sent me a text message written and wished me luck for the process. Lewis came from nothing. He has changed his phone number. I could not reach him anymore’.
Hamilton and Sutil have been friends since they were team mates at ASM in Formula 3 in 2005, a championship that Hamilton went on to dominate.

Sutil said that he is exploring his options ahead of 2012, after losing his seat at Force India.

Oh dear. End of a friendship there I think!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 267 13.6%