Cars SUSP AND DISC Dummies move object aligned to in race only.

I can't find any reason for this but my disc and hub keep pushing outside the wheel slightly when in race. The car looks fine in showroom, KS editor and 3d max. The only way I have patched it is move the dummy but it messes up the showroom mode.

SUSP, DISC, HUB and WHEEL dummies should all be located in the same position for each corner, they're all aligned based on the car's physics file position of that wheel inside the game. in showroom and kseditor they're just left where you put them.

OK i have found what you mentioned and corrected the hub with brake caliper. I can fix disc as well without spin if i put it in SUSP. Is there any where to set the GraphicalOffset for the DISC dummy? I can not find if there is.

1592219045640.png

The answer is just "you can't set the offset separately for each one". Put the models in the positions you want them to be when you export the fbx.

This might be an old topic but I've just come across the same issue and found a solution.
The discs dummies need to be aligned with the wheel dummies to show correctly in the game. However they need to be align with the suspension dummies to show correctly in CM showroom. Annoying.
For some reason, showroom applies the suspension graphic offset to Suspension+Disc, and the wheel graphic offset just to the wheel.
But in the game, the suspension graphic offset applies just to the suspension, and the wheel graphic offset applies to wheel+disc.

I hope this helps

in my first reply in the thread I said all SUSP DISC and WHEEL need to be in the same place (at the middle of the tire, so SUSP_LF, DISC_LF, WHEEL_LF in the left front tire etc.), if you're not doing that and trying to fix it with suspensions.ini offsets, you're causing your own issues.

Last edited:
Yes, sorry, agreed. Having all the dummies for each corner aligned is the proper way to fix this.
But the reason why it looks different in showroom and in the game is because of this strange graphic offset behavior.

This is sn old thread but i too am having this issue to, wheels half a wheel back or forward to where thier ment to be, suspension sticking out through the wheels etc… i have the wheel dummies & parts snapped together so thier in the same spot but only in game are they out if wack, besides guess numbers in the suspension ini to correct, is thier a visual way to correct the dummy positioning? or is snapping the dummy/messes together the right way to align or is thier another way? Just a note i have been following the pipeline but only with adding dummies did this issue begin & ive always had each wheels tyre & rim in the same location.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back