Survey for my dissertation - Please complete :)

Its for a BSc honours degree in Motorsport Engineering. Its run by the University of Bath but we are lucky enought to have our campus based at Castle Combe race circuit :)

Unfortunately Gary you were misinformed about the free cookies... but you will all be entered for free into the Nigerian Lottery :p

I wonder who of us sim racers would tick "I regularly drive below the speed limit" :D

Still not one person has admitted to that, and the survey has been around quite a few non motor industry organisations! Someone must by lying, as I always get some bastard infront of my, holding me up on my way to work!

i should ask my dad to do the survey, great driver, never had an accident in 40+ years of daily commute, chalked up more than 100.000 km per annum for years and always took it relaxed. funny thing is, he shifted like there was no tomorrow only to cruise slowly once he had shifted into the next gear. glad i don't copy that on the sim-track :)

Ok Guys, I have had a fantastic response rate in a very short space of time since I posted the link here at RD. Massive thank you to every single respondant, you have all made my life alot easier with this part of my dissertation. Many people have completed it without dropping a post to say 'done', I can only estimate but I think I have had around 80 - 100 responses just from RD alone!

I am now going to remove the link from this post, so I can focus on gathering more responses from companies/sources away from the motor industry/motorsport fans, or as Richard very sensitively put it:
sim racing nut cases ;)

Big Big Thank you again to everyone who replied, I will keep the thread open if this is ok so anyone can ask any further questions on the project, and so I can keep anyone who is interested up to date on the project and any interesting findings/conclusions! Also, If anyone wishes to send the survey to their place of work which is non automotive, please ask and I will send the link to you :)

Thanks Guys!!!!

Hi Guys, I know it has been a while since I posted in here, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to update my situation and take a moment to thank everyone on the RD forums for all your assistance and support.

I graduated in May with a First Class Honours Degree, much of which was down to my very high grade on my Dissertation. It would not have been possible if it weren't for all the support I recieved. I was simply overwhelmed by the responses I received for my Survey, it was so high that I exceeded the maximum allowed responses on Survey Monkey for a free account. Over 150 people replied, and I think that about 100 of which were members of the RD community.

Furthermore, I have just managed to secure a job at MIRA (those of you in the UK may be familiar with the place) which is the UK Motor Industry Research Association. As of January 2013 I will be a Certification Engineer, responsible for ensuring that new vehicles comply with EU road safety Directives and Legislations, and hopefully I will be able to further drive forward the safety of modern day road vehicles.

If it was not for my high marks on my dissertation I would not have obtained this job, and without all of your support with my survey I would not have achieved such high grades.

So finally, I would like to give a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE THANK YOU to all members of this fantastic community for making it possible. If anyone else is doing any similar work with road safety, or Uni dissertations, I am very happy to share my knowledge and help out where I can. And for sure when my first pay check arrives, RD will be getting a healthy donation to keep the servers running.

THANK YOU RD COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!

Peace

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%