AC Surprise Event for *Everyone* Tue, 31st January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Alright folks, we'll drive in the most American city possible:
Washington DC!

Here ist the track download:

The car is a Kunos car and will be revealed when the server is online.

Get it now, and then wait until 19:00 UTC / 20:00 CET when the server
"Racedepartment.com Surprise Event"
will be available in game.

See you all in Discord Voice "AC Jan31 Surprise event" and on the track!

Let's all have a lot of fun!

Alright folks, we'll drive in the most American city possible:
Washington DC!

Here ist the track download:

The car is a Kunos car and will be revealed when the server is online.

Get it now, and then wait until 19:00 UTC / 20:00 CET when the server
"Racedepartment.com Surprise Event"
will be available in game.

See you all in Discord Voice "AC Jan31 Surprise event" and on the track!

Let's all have a lot of fun!
I need the PW please. ;)

Hello,

Is it possible to download the mod from elsewhere ? As a non-premium member, it seems that the download is capped at 100KB/s max and it will take 53mns to download

Not an event for a decrepit old git, too much of a rush for the bleeding quivering old body.
Put 1 liter in as per normal, lasted about half a lap. ( from last week :confused: )
Back to the pits for what then became a very lonely race, decent pace, pleased about that.
Could not find the pits in the first race, so got chucked, so plenty of time to perfect first setup, I knocked out in one lap,.
Most things were quite good, added 30litre + 1 litre pit stop.
Wait for race 2
Next race, lost my setup, probably got reset with the server restart, l was panicking, I want to blame something, unfortunately, shaking hands must have f**ked something up from a setup I perfected in the first race sitting in the pits,.:unsure:
Shaking bleeding hands again , I just could not dial my setup in, and did not have time to add 1 litre of fuel.
The car was now a bag of s**t, really struggled, but was doing okay. The tyre pressures were about 7 psi too high, just to mention one thing.:confused:
I could not find the pits, could not find the pit entrance, luckily Robert told me, or should I say point it out. A pit stop for no fuel. Well that was me done up like a kipper, transportation to the pits again.
Great event Markus, unfortunately we cannot take dithering bleeding old gits into account.
Most grateful for the organisation, but can we have more time on the start line to double check everything at a pace befitting the aged. I get more shaky when under pressure, not very convenient.
4AFCFC18-2079-4024-B3CB-964447865A52.jpeg

PS in the rush, forgot to go onto Discord for the first race.:p

Last edited:
Aaaw, I'm terribly sorry you had such an awful experience. I'll keep in mind that preparing for the second race needs a little bit more time for any future event with two races (with reverse grid in 2nd)

I personally had a blast, especially in the 2nd race (until I crashed as it usually occurs). Nice defending, attacking, side by side racing.

I chose a car that would be easy to handle, but maybe next time I'll have to choose a more "interesting" one, since this MiTo was quite a tardy one, so I promise to try harder next time!

Hope other people enjoyed it more than this old chap above this message.

shame about that second race ernie. had a fun little fight with you then and in the first race for a bit.

Fun track! have had it downloaded for a while, just never drove it. Worked nicely with the fwd too. Enjoying the one offs and surprise events. Thanks for putting it together Markus!

In the second race I drove into the pits just to discover that the crew forgot my preset. Idk about the rest of the car setup, but apparently it's a misfeature of AC to lose the setup or the preset between races. Perhaps races are handled by whatever fancy server software is used, but AC doesn't know about that.

Something for me to remember, I guess.

Humm, interesting, I had the same issue but I thought it was me diving too deep in the pits. I saw the lollypop go down in front so I wasn't that much too far. But no progress bars for fuel or tires. I even backed up a bit and nothing.

Normally you keep your setup. Strange. Something to do with the wizardry for reverse grid?

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back