Surfers Paradise

Tracks Surfers Paradise v4.21

Login or Register an account to download this content
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

Surfers Paradise - Teaxture, Lighting & Skies update

Hi Guys

Have tried several versions of this track and only came across this one now.

All credits to the original author and v3 by Neel Jani.

Original credits and updates in the download.

v1.0-v2.0 Original author C-Mod for F1 Champ by Zero-g & IDT

v3 Conversion, modification and optimization by Neel Jani

v4 2D Texture update, lighting and skies by ClimaxF1

Update details...

Read more about this resource...

ClimaxF1 updated Surfers Paradise with a new update entry:

Some new textures

Hi Guys

Some of the smaller objects I wasn't happy with the quality or they were small in scale compared to all the updates so I made new one's.

Update details v4.2:

- New textures for the food stands
- New texture for one of the track side huts
- New textures for the blue and orange trucks
- Reworked white truck textures
- Orange road strips added

View attachment 343126View attachment 343127View attachment 343128[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ClimaxF1 updated Surfers Paradise with a new update entry:

Some new textures

Hi Guys

My apologies for another upload, I didn't think adding a better quality fence would make such a difference. There's also a new tent texture.

Some of the other smaller objects I wasn't happy with the quality or they were small in scale compared to all the updates so I made new one's.

Update details v4.21:

- New fence texture
- New tent texture
- New textures for the food stands
- New texture for one of the track side huts
- New textures for the blue and orange trucks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very good Climax.
I think that when editing the circuit, you got confused to correct the obstacles that are in the curves, since in each of them the vehicles pass them, as if there were no obstacles, and therefore allow the vehicles to be shortened in those curves
Good job friend and thanks for dedicating your time.
Bye

Muy buenas climax.
Creo que al editar el circuito, te confundiste al corregir los obstáculos que están en las curvas, ya que en cada uno de ellos los vehículos los traspasan, como si no hubieran obstáculos, y por lo tanto permite que los vehículos acorten en esas curvas .
Buen trabajo amigo y gracias por dedicar tu tiempo.
Adiós

Very good Climax.
I think that when editing the circuit, you got confused to correct the obstacles that are in the curves, since in each of them the vehicles pass them, as if there were no obstacles, and therefore allow the vehicles to be shortened in those curves
Good job friend and thanks for dedicating your time.
Bye

Muy buenas climax.
Creo que al editar el circuito, te confundiste al corregir los obstáculos que están en las curvas, ya que en cada uno de ellos los vehículos los traspasan, como si no hubieran obstáculos, y por lo tanto permite que los vehículos acorten en esas curvas .
Buen trabajo amigo y gracias por dedicar tu tiempo.
Adiós
v4-v4.21 2D Texture update, lighting and skies by ClimaxF1

I don't think I got confused, this is only a texture, skies and lighting update.
No objects or anything else has being changed.
Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to change those things.

Last edited:
Thanks for this update--very nice. The AIW is terrible, as usual for conversions. I can likely fix, but before doing so, there is some problem with the track surface. I am going to guess that there were undulations in the track that someone zeroed-out or flattened, then tried to put something back in or just did wherever they were doing badly. If you take a simple (and not particularly low) car like the MCR2000, you will notice sharp jolts that scrape the underside of the car at various points along the track. They are unrealistic and ruin the immersion. They could be larger/longer and represent undulations, or could be eliminated if there is no way to fix them.

@ClimaxF1 I know you don't deal with these things, so hopefully someone will be inspired by the improved graphics and want to help. If so, I will commit to fixing the AIW so we end up with an all-around great track. Surfer's is an all-time classic, so worth the effort (I hope).

Thanks for this update--very nice. The AIW is terrible, as usual for conversions. I can likely fix, but before doing so, there is some problem with the track surface. I am going to guess that there were undulations in the track that someone zeroed-out or flattened, then tried to put something back in or just did wherever they were doing badly. If you take a simple (and not particularly low) car like the MCR2000, you will notice sharp jolts that scrape the underside of the car at various points along the track. They are unrealistic and ruin the immersion. They could be larger/longer and represent undulations, or could be eliminated if there is no way to fix them.

@ClimaxF1 I know you don't deal with these things, so hopefully someone will be inspired by the improved graphics and want to help. If so, I will commit to fixing the AIW so we end up with an all-around great track. Surfer's is an all-time classic, so worth the effort (I hope).
I always welcome help, the track is there for everyone to enjoy, any improvements would be much appreciated.
This is as far as I can go with this track so if you can help with AIW, that would be awesome.
That said I have a sweetfx that I have being working on which replicates the lighting and color palette that I used for Surfers paradise.
Looks really goog with AMS tracks.
If someone could make me a high quality vid to post here I would be very happy and would obviously give them credit too.
If anyone is interested, I can send them the settings.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%