General Surfers Paradise aka Gold Coast data search

Yeah it is really interesting "Highlands short" type of track. It used to be longer pre 2010. I really liked the track in "Jarrett And Labonte Stock Car Racing" game.

I just found that there is one ready for AC. Road looks convincing, subtle elevation changes seems to be there, track seems to be half filled. But visually quite bad, also kerbs are too much nerfed. I wonder if that is some kind of lame conversion, or just attempt.

It is interesting track, in a very busy city, completely right by the sea. Also has craziest mega chicane ever.

An older video, when track used a little bit longer, check the chicane at 1:00 though:

Also interesting fact - there used to be different track before that one with same name. But this seems to be also named a "Gold Coast" very frequently.

Rainmaker did a conversion of the what seems to be the long version, didn't he? I used to drive it pretty often but the visuals were not high enough even for my pretty low standards

I had it too at some point, flat as a glass table and visuals from yesteryear, maybe it was even based on the old Papyrus version.

So you're really doing this :) Must be quite the surroundings challenge giving its city setting. Sure you have the beach on one side but on the other side it must be busy with buildings and city stuff? As long as you intend on doing and animating the tramway that passes along the track, I'll definitely try it :p

There is tramway ? I really thought I saw railway by the street in satellite photos haha :D Would be cool to try to do it lol. I didn't say that I am really going to do it. But I might, I might not finish it, I might not go into details, or do more than half of it.... I just don't know, sadly I bacame that modder who has ton of projects and only finish a few lol. I would be in for teamwork, though. FVR version seem quite accurate, but just scratched the surface. Perhaps it will be totally pointless for me to spend the time. I probably will be able to achieve FVR level very quickly though.

The track is quite closed, so I think backgrounds could be relatively low detail, not the issue. Skyscrapers will be interesting to do, probably will have ~10 of them modeled differently, and then just repeat them, shouldn't break the immersion. I think there will be the issue with their shadows, so might have to disable their shadows, which will be a shame. But whatever. Lidar gives their height and basic shapes by the way :) Same is even for trees lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back