Support Thread: SimMidi

Hi,
This shall be the support thread for my program SimMidi.

What is this?

SimMidi
SimMidi is a bridge program allowing you the usage of any midi controller as input device in any simulation.

Two ways are provided to do so:

• Monitor midi messages and map it to a vJoy device (vJoy)
  • Monitor midi messages and map it to autohotkey script (AHK)
Following midi messages are monitored and send to, when mapped:

Pitch bend > - | vJoy Fader
NoteOn > AHK Button Switch Encoder | vJoy Button Switch Encoder Fader
Control change > AHK Button Switch Encoder | vJoy Button Switch Encoder Fader

If there is a AHK and vJoy mapping for the same midi element set, it is first send via AHK and then to vJoy.

Especially Behringers XTouch Mini controller (XTOUCH) is fully supported with all of its leds and real telemetry status leds for its encoders.

8849979015198.png

https://www.behringer.com//Categori...rollers/X-TOUCH-MINI/p/P0B3M#googtrans(en|en)

Features
  • 18 + 8 assignable buttons or switches to vJoy virtual gamecontroller and/or AHK. Led status if pressed or switched on.
  • 1 assignable analog fader to vJoy.
  • 8 assignable encoders to vJoy and/or AHK.
  • Real status led updates for the encoders based on the telemetry data recieved for game and car.
  • Support for any connected midi controller.
  • Support for editable config files.
  • No installation of main program needed.
  • Detection of game, track and car, seperate configuration per car.
  • Encoder led templates for brake balance, turbo, engine brake, ABS, traction control, ERS delivery and ERS recovery provided.
  • DRS zone led mode for XTouch.
  • H-Shifter mode for XTouch from 2 to 8 gears and reverse gear.
  • The fader of the XTouch could be used as handbrake.
Planned
  • More games telemetry via SimHub.
Preconditions
  • One or more midi controllers, at best Behringer XTouch Mini midi controller.
  • UDP telemetry provider SimHub from Wotever @racedepartment.com for encoder led control installed.
  • Own written plugin for SimHub (sourcecode provided) to provide telemetry data for encoder leds with UDP.
  • vJoy device driver @Github installed. (Minimum with 64 buttons or more configured.)
  • Assetto Corsa installed.
  • A text editor of your choice.

Last edited:
Hey everyone - I'm coming from a Flight sim angle and the buttons dont seem to be able to notice when ive un-pressed them, so when i press them once, it stays on until i restart the program. Is there any fix for this?

I use the Komplete Kontrol M32 and the problem is with the keys

with what keys? can you imagine how happy i am to ask for each piece of information?
Is this thing in midi mode?
--------

i had a search, this thing seems to have fixed mappings, used for komplete. It seems not to be suitable to be used as a simming controller.

Strongly recommented is the XTOUCH Mini from Behringer, i don't have any possible controller.

At everyone: Please provide much more detailed info if you have problems. Screenshots if needed. What Controller, etc etc...

Last edited:
Hi!

I just setup up X-touch Mini and got the basic functionality working, but LEDs are giving me some problems - I'm trying to find a way to have a led blink when I have pit limiter on and then turn off once the limiter is disengaged. I'd also like to have lights switch to turn a led on and off according to the state of the lights. Now, the first problem is that I'm not sure if such behaviours are even possible? And the if they are, how to go about enabling them... Oh and I'm running rFactor 2 for simulator software if that is of consequence.

In any case I would like to give a massive thank you as now I have an extremely cool looking button box even in its basic state :)

Hello,
great project and very thoroughly documented too ! I just received my X-Toch mini just to find that the editor software is not available anymore on their website. I opened up a support ticket. Bur as they are located in china (I guess) it may take a time to get an answer. So is there anybody that might share their copy ?

EDIT: the editor software is not needed to get the X-TOUCH mini to work OOTB. Just press the lower left buton labeled "MC" during plugging on the device until the "MC" LED lits up. This setting will be stored until this procedure is repeated again.

Last edited:
Hi!

I just setup up X-touch Mini and got the basic functionality working, but LEDs are giving me some problems - I'm trying to find a way to have a led blink when I have pit limiter on and then turn off once the limiter is disengaged. I'd also like to have lights switch to turn a led on and off according to the state of the lights. Now, the first problem is that I'm not sure if such behaviours are even possible? And the if they are, how to go about enabling them... Oh and I'm running rFactor 2 for simulator software if that is of consequence.

In any case I would like to give a massive thank you as now I have an extremely cool looking button box even in its basic state :)
You have to use the udp part for SimHub todo so. Blink for buttons i will implement in future versions.

select controllers than X-TOUCH MINI scroll down, Editor for Windows V1.21 press download on the right side.

Well, the whole software section was missing, the X-Touch Editorwas not there when I searched it. Maybe they have updated the homepage or so. Meanwhile you could get the software directly from the product page:

I have some questions on the software though:
In the LED mapping table you could set the mapping to UDP event UserX(x=1-8). What does this stand for ?
Simhub gets much more information from ACC than Simmidi is using right now. I would like to switch some button LEDs like lights, wiper etc. via UDP. I looked into the SIMHUB plugin code and generally know how to expand DataUpdateAssettoCorsaCompetizione etc. But I think it will not have any effects for now as the updated properties will not be read by the main program ? Or is it actually possible to recompile the plugin and map button LEDs to a certain UPS message ? How to do that ?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sorry C# beginner here. I can not find the UserX properties in the ExportedProperties.cs. I could only find UState where DRS and Gear are bit coded. May be UserX are also bit coded there ? Please give me a hint which property must be set in the plugin to be able to use the Userx input in the LED mapping table.

Is this forum still online? I have a Xtouch mini and I tried using Simmidi but im a very very beginner at this. I dont know how t assign keys to the buttons or even the LED controlled switches. Can someone help a complete beginner? Can i use this also for eurotruck simulator?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%