News Assetto Corsa Competizione | Latest News

Has anyone had the chance to try out the new update in VR, if so has DLSS or FSR made much difference. Hoping this finally makes this game decent in VR

3090 and 10900k here, G2.

Tested some configurations over 25mins, no more time. In a nutshell, no. I would not be able to tell that there's a difference vs. before.

DLSS does give huge performance boosts, but the loss in clarity is enormous, so from a first try it's just not an option for VR, at least for my target resolutions.
FSR seems much better, but all in all, i ended up running at 60fps like before, and i couldn't tell if i had better or worse quality...

I've not tested the new BMW yet and I won't comment on the graphics or performance updates.

So Kunos has tried to implement custom grids.
I applaud their efforts but I still think it falls short of what I was expecting.
How more difficult could it have been to implement an option for a fully customized grid including custom liveries in Single Player? I don't think it would have been more difficult than what they introduced today to be honest. So yes the new user interface / game options are an improvement but still fall short of hitting their mark.

The weather update seems nice but other sims out there are still doing a better job at that.

I like that they finally added a2021 season of course (but now it is already over except for Kyalami).
Where is the Craft-Bamboo Mercedes though? They added most of the other IGTC only liveries for 2021, yet this one is missing (along with AF Corse Indy8h maybe some others...). The devil is in the details!

Kind regards

Some positives:
M4 now also tested with hotlap session around Spa.
Very good - I love it, like an Aston Martin but more fun! I don't think I'll be driving the M6 any more (it is one of the worst cars in the game for me personally). Good job on this Kunos. Hopefull they'll bring the Supra GT4 with the same quality!
:sneaky:

If only they bothered to implement MSAA (deferred rendering) like many other Unreal Engine powered titles, this would have been a significant improvement for VR.
But that's clearly never gonna happen, so hopefully the upcoming generations of VR HMD's are designed with these new AA technologies in mind.
I'm sure it looks great on monitors (big win here), but I could never go back to triples from using the Reverb G2 for a year.

If only they bothered to implement MSAA (deferred rendering) like many other Unreal Engine powered titles, this would have been a significant improvement for VR.
But that's clearly never gonna happen, so hopefully the upcoming generations of VR HMD's are designed with these new AA technologies in mind.
I'm sure it looks great on monitors (big win here), but I could never go back to triples from using the Reverb G2 for a year.
Yeah I'm the same, VR is just way too good.

Hi, I'm in trouble with my Thrustmaster T500RS. I'vee tried the new DLSS Options for my VR System 3090/Reverb G2 but my ForceFeedback did not work after upgrading to v1.8. Can anybody tell me what I can try . I rstarted the PC, I plugged out the wheel, from power and USB, there is no way to recalibrate the wheel ingame.

I've tried it earlier today before the update and all works fine. When I stopped the game...at the windows desktop , it's harder to turn the wheel than at Spa...
Hopefully someone can help me solve this problem

It's finally playable for me in Vr on a lenovo explorer with a vega 56. It's still quite blurry but before it also had a shimmery/grainy effect which was headache inducing and made the in car displays impossible to read. That's eleminated now and performance is way better too.

Is anyone else getting extremely dark screens?

Tried running a night race at Bathurst and even with the lights on, I could barely see anything.

The folks at KS have done a really good job on this simulation software.
I love the feel and sound of that BMW M4.
Feels very natural on my T500RS.
The track surfaces appear to be more 'life-like' as well.
The lighting is more natural.
I also don't remember seeing as many marbles off-line previously.

Last edited:
Is anyone else getting extremely dark screens?

Tried running a night race at Bathurst and even with the lights on, I could barely see anything.
Yep, I can't play in cloudy weather as the screen is so dark. I haven't tried night yet, but I fear I'd have the same as you.

Anyone else think the new FFB is worse than before? I have csv2. 5 and now have a huge dead zone in the middle of the steering, the car feels unconnected. I used to be able to do low 17s in 20 min Spa races in the Honda. Now I can't break into the 18s! I know 1.8 makes the laptime slower, but I'm nearly 2 seconds off because I can't feel what the car is doing. I'm having to lift at Blanchimont as the turn in is random with the new FFB.

I had the same issue. Luckily for me it came back after 3 restarts of the game and I didn't have to reinstall. Glad to see you now have it fixed.
It is kind of an on-off relation with my DD1 after the upgrade. It happens sometimes and restarting the base and ACC fixes it, so i will see how this continues.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%