SuperV8 - setup and handling tips

Anyone got any setup/handling tips for the V8s?

I can normally hold my own with any tintop in GSCE against the AI, but these V8's are killing me, losing 2-3 seconds per lap on shorter courses to the AI.

Bit embarrassing as I like to think of myself as a bit of a Tourer buff. Heh :)
I'm mostly a setup heretic, but tried a couple of things and pretty much made it worse.

Having real problems getting them to turn in enough, so missing apexes, and way slower coming out of a corner so lose a lot of time down long straights.

All help and suggestions welcome. :)

Only tip i can offer is brake 50m sooner than you normally would in other cars.
Soften the front ARB 1 or 2 clicks.
The Super V8's are all about straight line power. They are not known for their braking and turning ability. The SV8's are slow in / fast out. :thumbsup:

The next update will make the SuperV8 AI a lot better to race against. As far as driving these beasts, all I can say is crank the brake bias rearward and learn to love trail braking ;) The SuperV8 is one of those incredible rare cars in sim racing that are mostly dependent on driving style instead of finding the magic setup.

I think I might have used it. I just need to sit down and work on the style necessary to drive it. I'm much more accustomed to cars that let you want to oversteer than ones with far more porcine qualities.

These cars are much more about you adapting to them than the contrary. Some setup changes help tho. For me I like soft roll bars and low brake pressure
Racing online with them is amazing. Can't wait for our league to start :cool:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing