Superstars V8 Racing

I dloaded the demo last night and was pleasently suprised. The handling model seemed much improved. There is however a horrible deadzone when using a wheel (maybe just my fanatec wheel) and there appeared to be a less significant one using a joypad. Graphically it's on par with Race Pro. The dry driving line does develop during the 3 lap race you can take part in but initially seemed like a gimic rather than anything else. Hopeful signs I would say. Hopefully the full game will feature an abiltiy to change the wheel config and if it's not too highly priced I may consider purchasing it.

I agree Neil. I think it's easy to dismiss this because the last one was poor, it's coming from a developer known for bikes and is based on a lesser known series. There are definite signs of improvement though and I like some of the ideas they're trying to implement.

Having 19 cars on track, 16 in multiplayer is the first big plus. The weather feature is really interesting but will need to wait for the full game to see how it is implemented, whether there is a forecast system of some sort and how what it means for tyres, whether you need to start cooling the tyres etc. Do we know if there will be pit-stops? AI seems pretty good, they surprised me on a number of occasions, perhaps they chop around a bit too much.

The physics is still a little questionable, doesn't feel quite right, better than last year though. I also noticed the sensitivity and dead zone, especially at high speeds. I'll keep an eye on it too.

By the way if you go to time-trial instead of race you get the chance to play with settings. All the usual options, though not quite as in depth as other games, also some presets, such as qualifying, race, high-speed etc.

• Dren Hendy

There is however a horrible deadzone when using a wheel (maybe just my fanatec wheel) and there appeared to be a less significant one using a joypad..

Just rented this out today. I'm using the Porsche Turbo S wheel and also have the same horrible deadzone while driving at speed. Maybe i'm missing something but i can't find any wheel adjustment screen! I can turn the wheel 10-15 degrees on the mugello straight and nothing happens. Apart from that rather major problem the game is much improved on the first issue. Anyone else tried it out yet?

Superstars v8 the next challenge

Hi all anyone tried this, I bought it on a whim yesterday and after the first hour I was about to trade it, the biggest problem for me is the teribile deadzone when driving at speed and it feels a bit arcady, but I thought id better give it a fair trial so I started a championship last night and after a few practice laps I started to get into it, sure the steering still sucks but it has a lot going for it telemetry, for example and in the setup department you have all the usual settings:- suspension, gears, wings etc + preset setups:- qualify setup, race setup, high speed setup, reactive system setting, fast turing, which for some one like who doesn't want to spend an eternity setting up a car for a race I think this is a great addition, now Im not saying this is great my any means but scratch the surface and there's a lot more to this than first meets the eye.:rolleyes:

Ps, if anyone has this and fancys a race just add me my psn is:- danny001

4784406224_22a3c5c252_o.jpg

4784405940_37ee1ae162_o.jpg

Anyone else in N. America download this?
As horribly flawed as it is in so many ways, the driving is a blast. Better than GT5P, Shift and GRID IMO.
Online is especially entertaining. I have yet to run across any backwards-driving-rammers or unsporting drivers yet.
Add me if you bought it, let's race!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years