Superstars V8 Racing

Looks like the demo never went up. I'm always interested in new racing games but I would need a demo before any purchase for sure.

There's only 8 or 9 tracks in that series isn't there? But I have read the game will be less than a full-price game. I am worried about something I read over a virtualr.

http://www.virtualr.net/superstars-v8-racing-new-screens-details/

"Since the creators’ reputation is mainly build on their bike racing games, the title will be sold for a very competative price to get as many people as possible to try their first auto racing game. Superstars V8 Racing is planned to be followed by more titles based on the Superstar V8 series, future plans for upcoming titles include a career mode, a racing school and more."

I have no idea how that would work, I am guessing it would come in the form of dlc. I can't imagine they would release a game without a career mode only to charge you to download it later. I could be wrong but that's what that seems to suggest.

June 10th 11:30, the demo is up for anyone on Xbox Live. Really small download actually so shouldn't take long. I'll post back with some thoughts once I've had a test

Superstars V8 Racing: Driving Italia release 3 new screenshots

A few days back you saw the first 3 screenshots from driving italia and today we have more.

From these we can see that Milestone havent been able to get the Mercedes car licence as there is a C Class that has been disguised. I am told that the game has no interior view, but that doesnt mean its not going to be good to play. RaceDepartment will also have a review of this game within the next couple of weeks so keep an eye out for that.

Screenshots via DrivingItalia

Attachments

• 17cattura69mt.jpg
    17cattura69mt.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 11cattura0m51.jpg
    11cattura0m51.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 282
  • 1catturaylp5.jpg
    1catturaylp5.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 280
Superstars V8 Racing Demo Released

Yes, finally the demo for Superstars V8 Racing has finally hit Xbox Live. You must be a gold member in order to download, otherwise you will have another 1 week wait.

You can download it by going to www.xbox.com then the marketplace tab and then adding it to your download queue or you can go to Games Marketplace on your 360 and download it from there.

Attachments

• xbv8.jpg
    xbv8.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 264
its not really arcadey, its just arcadey, its no where near as bad as GRID or NFS Undercover and considering its Milestone's first ever car game i think they've done a damn good job

Release date is supposed to be 26 June. I'm a bit undecided to be honest. Only had maybe 7 laps on it, so not enough to form a fantastic opinion but first impressions while not bad were not fantastic.

I havent got a wheel so couldnt :( i thought it was fun to play once you got used to not braking and turning otherwise the car ends up more crossed up than you can imagine.

• Rob Beacham

Well this is a um.......... interesting demo, very odd handling with minimal bodywork damage, a slight wobble from front & back bumper after some heavy collisions thats about all.

With assists off ofcourse, in the wet, in the M3, this became better for a few laps then i was bored.

Grafix - 6/10
Handling - 5/10
Chances of me buying 1/10

Not a terrible game, just not for me. Download it and see for yourself.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 165 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.4%