WIP SuperRing Motorplex

Shawdad

PSN ID: Shawdad
Yeah..I know its a terrible name, but it was the very first project I started when I first bought Bob's Track Builder. It was actually never intended to be a finished track, it was just a "sandbox" I was playing around with to learn how to use BTB. But along the way, after many different layouts and experiments, I started to see a fun track that I jokingly called "SuperRing".

If anybody wants to suggest a better name for it, please feel free to give your suggestions. I do still want to keep the "Ring" and "Motorplex" part of the name though.

With this track I thought I would try to create a sort of fictional history to see if it helps with the design process, so here it goes...
These first 2 layouts are the original track design. It had a garage/pit area both at the top and bottom of the hill. In the last major remodel, the bottom garage area was demolished and the new "main" garage was built. Eventually, the kart racing complex was added just south of the main circuit. The latest addition is the "GP" layout, which runs both over and under the kart circuit. The old (original) garage and pit area still exists at the top of the hill and is still used for the Classic Ring B layout and will be used for the eventual SuperRing RallyX layout.

You will see in these videos, I like to create mock-ups of buildings and structures with the wall tool and default BTB textures to get an idea of what they will look like when I eventually model them later. Its just something I like to do to get a quick pre-visualization of what the track will eventually look like. Just as in Lake Superior Raceway, I will create all my own objects and textures. (with the exception of the trees)

Here are a few Images of some of the models I'm working on and the track map:​
https://onedrive.live.com/?mkt=en-US#cid=A727C008621057A1&id=A727C008621057A1!157

Here are a few videos of 3 of the layouts:

SuperRing Classic version A

SuperRing Classic version B

And after years of remodels and additions, the GP layout was added.

Last edited:
Thanks Lee:thumbsup:

Any chance we'll see a v1 -or close to anyway?

Absolutely! I had 3 main ideas for tracks that I wanted to see through to completion (even if it kills me) Lake Superior being the first and this, of course, my second and a third (very long) track Idea that I had even before I found BTB. I have many more track layout ideas, most of them mapped out in BTB, but these 3 I really want to see finished.

Last edited:
Here is a Rallycross layout I've been experimenting with. Its a conversion of an old access road to the top of the hill.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 97 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 132 13.7%