Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

@Tony I'm actually still baffled that you said I turned "left" and into you. (I did not, I actually consciously left you space on the left, hence why I was confident that this wasn't the case at the time) And no, you weren't any where near "side by side".

Plus you said @Damien van de Velde caused the whole thing. He actually lost control after you spun me (Well, we spun nearly at the same time, looks quite funny in the replay lol). His spin actually had nothing to do with us.

Because of this incident, I'm actually quite concerned by your awareness & judgements while racing...I'm still puzzled by when you thought we were side by side. And you actually hit me twice, twice in the back. Yet you blamed me for the incident?

You had space on the left but you still straighten towards the right. Which again, is a little concerning since you said that "I" went left and turned in on you...Thank goodness we have the replay for confirmation.

I here by announce that Tony Binelli will be accompanying Pastor Maldonado in a rehabilitation session, to improve their ability to assess and predict various risks, to help emphasis the importance of situational awareness during a racing environment.

Please read the text at the bottom of this post for more information.

MaldonadoApprovalV2_transparent.png

This is just a lighthearted jab btw. The incident didn't actually have a negative impact on my race at all :roflmao: I was able to continue from the spin pretty much immediately, which helped me gained 2 positions. :whistling:

Last edited:
Sidenote: I'm very surprised I could race with you guys cleanly with no connection dropouts and nobody complaining about my connection: my ping was around 325 - 350 ms and, as I suspected (and according to the internet), Perth, Australia is literally one of the farthest locations possible from where I live (18,500 km)...did anyone notice any problems with my movements on track (you know...besides spinning out :roflmao:, but I don't think I took anyone out)?

After years of racing on a much slower connection (2 - 12 Mbit 4G wireless PC connection), with people complaining of my car hopping all over the place (on US or European servers, which I'm close enough to), it's very surprising that I could race against Aussies without issues...speed and a stable connection really does make a difference (upgraded to 100 Mbit Fiber to wired PC connection). Guess I'll be doing this more often...provided I can wake up that early again!

Brandon, I have been racing with these guys for years from Michigan and Phoenix (now). Solid racing even with higher pings. Wish I could have made the race, I woke up at 1am, but didn't feel so good (would have been 2 more hours till practice started), so more sleep won out this time :p. It kinda sucks that the races are now an hour later, if it was the old time, I probably could have forced myself to stay awake.

Sidenote: I'm very surprised I could race with you guys cleanly with no connection dropouts and nobody complaining about my connection: my ping was around 325 - 350 ms and, as I suspected (and according to the internet), Perth, Australia is literally one of the farthest locations possible from where I live (18,500 km)...did anyone notice any problems with my movements on track (you know...besides spinning out :roflmao:, but I don't think I took anyone out)?

After years of racing on a much slower connection (2 - 12 Mbit 4G wireless PC connection), with people complaining of my car hopping all over the place (on US or European servers, which I'm close enough to), it's very surprising that I could race against Aussies without issues...speed and a stable connection really does make a difference (upgraded to 100 Mbit Fiber to wired PC connection). Guess I'll be doing this more often...provided I can wake up that early again!
Yes mate it is all about ping stability not necessarily high pings. We are a bit of a mad lot but i hope you had fun. You're Welcome anytime.

Cheers

@Tony I'm actually still baffled that you said I turned "left" and into you. (I did not, I actually consciously left you space on the left, hence why I was confident that this wasn't the case at the time) And no, you weren't any where near "side by side".

Plus you said @Damien van de Velde caused the whole thing. He actually lost control after you spun me (Well, we spun nearly at the same time, looks quite funny in the replay lol). His spin actually had nothing to do with us.

Because of this incident, I'm actually quite concerned by your awareness & judgements while racing...I'm still puzzled by when you thought we were side by side. And you actually hit me twice, twice in the back. Yet you blamed me for the incident?

You had space on the left but you still straighten towards the right. Which again, is a little concerning since you said that "I" went left and turned in on you...Thank goodness we have the replay for confirmation.

I here by announce that Tony Binelli will be accompanying Pastor Maldonado in a rehabilitation session, to improve their ability to assess and predict various risks, to help emphasis the importance of situational awareness during a racing environment.

This is just a lighthearted jab btw. The incident didn't actually have a negative impact on my race at all :roflmao: I was able to continue from the spin pretty much immediately, which helped me gained 2 positions. :whistling:
Shuddup! I said it was my fault! You want blood? next time hit the loud pedal sooner and i wont hit you! :D:D

It's a bird, No it's a plane, No it's the WAAAAAAAMbulance coming for Sun!

Anybody know why my AMS sim keeps crashing when I try to enter the practice server?
Hi luke, This may have something to do with the skin pack we use. I forgot about this issue with people without the series file we use. I have switched the server to the standard skins. Can you please try it again and let me know if it works :)

Cheers

Hi luke, This may have something to do with the skin pack we use. I forgot about this issue with people without the series file we use. I have switched the server to the standard skins. Can you please try it again and let me know if it works :)

Cheers

Curious though, what is this mythical skin pack you speak of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%