rF2 SuperGT (GT500&GT3) at Night @ Sepang - Fri 19 Feb 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Still cannot join and have subscribed to everything....

This is weird. As I know you have all the DLC, you've raced with us in a GT3-race before. I just checked the logs as well, people are joining without issues. We've had downloads on both cars and track from the GetMod service the last 24 hrs as well. It really does seem like everything is as it should be from our side.
I initially thought I had forgotten to fix the GetMod links for the GT500 cars (all links must be without any spaces. With a space is the link it works only now and then). But it is all correct.

I remember from last week that Ingemar had to delete a different Indianapolis to be able to join, he got the exact same error. Like the game couldn't differentiate between the two tracks. Can this be an issue? That you have more Malaysia/Sepang tracks with the same name, or that you have some other GT500 cars with the same name? I know there is an rF1 converted Honda with the exact same name for rF2. I mean, it shouldn't cause an issue, but it is rF2...

Thanks for organizing this. I drove the Nissan quite a bit in the past and the Honda seems to be almost an exact copy. Drives quite nice when you don't overdo it, same principle. Sepang at night was also quite nice. Almost too dark, but still driveable :)

Good race with a surprisingly racey @Ole Marius Myrvold leapfrogging me at the start! I was nipping at his heels immidiately but it took a while before I got a run coming up to the last turn where I made the pass.
As the night decended, I began making mistakes simply because I couldnt see where the track was going. I hadnt had much practice, either the track or the new wheel, so I spent most of the time leading up to the race setting up the rig for the new wheel. Eventually I found my rythm and got in some consistent laptimes and when Ole pitted (why?) it was a case of getting it to the flag.

@Herlev Something I started thinking about in the middle of the race, because as you guys know, I tend to focus on everything around the track and so on.
It's quite funny how you, as someone from Denmark used a car with loads of oranges on it. While @MrOrangeDK don't. Confusing.com!
Maybe we are just playing tricks with your head ;)
I had like 30 minutes to do a livery, so I just googled fruits and that was what came up. Actually think it is better than some liveries I've spent days on :whistling:

Good race with a surprisingly racey @Ole Marius Myrvold leapfrogging me at the start! I was nipping at his heels immidiately but it took a while before I got a run coming up to the last turn where I made the pass.
As the night decended, I began making mistakes simply because I couldnt see where the track was going. I hadnt had much practice, either the track or the new wheel, so I spent most of the time leading up to the race setting up the rig for the new wheel. Eventually I found my rythm and got in some consistent laptimes and when Ole pitted (why?) it was a case of getting it to the flag.

Yup. First time I tried the McLaren. It was a lot easier to drive than the Porsche and Corvette! So it worked fine.
I planned to just stay safe and hope for you to make more mistakes, but my front left got very worn, actually to the point where I never got under 110 degrees on my left front and it was falling many many tyre-life points (tm) a lap. So I decided it was safer to pit.

Not used to take care of my tyres!

Thanks for that great racing :) thought you were going to get me near the end @Alex Townsend did you have a spin ?
Thank you for organising @Ole Marius Myrvold
Yeah, that was a good race. I could see you in the distance for a while and then I started making little mistakes. Once you passed me it was hard to get back on the pace but then I started to make progress and the car felt pretty good. Then I think it was a little over confidence and I pushed a little too hard and span...
Shame as that was a nice little battle we were having there.
Maybe next time we can race closely for the whole race!
Thanks again for hosting @Ole Marius Myrvold, always a pleasure racing rF2 with you guys

Jim continuesly told me my tires were cold. At Sepang :laugh:.
60% left on nearly all the tires.
Crazy, and he I am, in KL its 7am and already 26 degrees outside. That's why the sun going down shouldn't really affect track grip too quickly, it's still hot no matter what time it is.
The only way it would cool so quickly is a quick bout of rain, which is almost a given every day

Cool race guys, had some fun with @Magnus Dahlgren but spinned at the end and couldn’t get him back. Sorry for the tap, it’s very hard to fight closely with these gt500s.

I haven't come that far yet in watching the replay but I think I had a small part in us coming together, however respect for waiting man! :cool:

I also had great time fighting with you, as you say however, these cars doesn't really lend themselves to close quarter racing, it's just catch 'n pass! I lost a ton of front aero whenever I was close to somebody so when cornering behind someone became awfully frustrating!

Since a few already spoiled their strategies I kept up with mine which was just to bang in laps and being smooth, I think I managed that pretty well!
Btw. does anyone else find these cars rather stiff? In T1 and T2 it's especially noticeable, feels like you're driving over a washboard.

Thank you @Ole Marius Myrvold for hosting! Your ADHD-esque tendencies intrigue me! :laugh::geek:
(and that's coming from a diagnosed person)

Yup. First time I tried the McLaren. It was a lot easier to drive than the Porsche and Corvette! So it worked fine.
I planned to just stay safe and hope for you to make more mistakes, but my front left got very worn, actually to the point where I never got under 110 degrees on my left front and it was falling many many tyre-life points (tm) a lap. So I decided it was safer to pit.

Not used to take care of my tyres!
Yep McLaren is prob the most stable one of the bunch. If I remember correctly the default setup is also a bit on the understeering side so that might kill your fronts easily. Pretty fun to drive though.
Any idea what we'll be racing next week yet? :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing