Still no MX Bikes coverage. Currently, there are 4 major motocross games/series that are going (well, MXGP and Supercross are separate though kinda the same, so it's even 5), and only MXGP/Supercross are covered here.
Meanwhile, MX Bikes is getting better and better now, and it's a simulation, which also has VR support...
PiBoso states that neither AI or Creer mode is in the game. Also, nine months to release the full version... I think he posted that 18 months ago. I'll be happy to support him, but he never finished the MotoGP Sim he started as well.

Finally, he states this..... VR has been removed.... So actually it does not support VR, I guess it does work poorly though. Just asking, not at all criticizing

VR Support .

Due to negative reviews and feedback relating specifically to the VR implementation in MX Bikes, we have removed the VR tag from the store page. This means it will no longer show up in the VR section of Steam.
This does NOT mean we're removing VR or stopping development on it. We'll continue to refine VR in future updates to try and make it a better experience.

Last edited:
PiBoso states that neither AI or Creer mode is in the game. Also, nine months to release the full version... I think he posted that 18 months ago. I'll be happy to support him, but he never finished the MotoGP Sim he started as well.

Finally, he states this..... VR has been removed.... So actually it does not support VR, I guess it does work poorly though. Just asking, not at all criticizing

VR Support .

Due to negative reviews and feedback relating specifically to the VR implementation in MX Bikes, we have removed the VR tag from the store page. This means it will no longer show up in the VR section of Steam.
This does NOT mean we're removing VR or stopping development on it. We'll continue to refine VR in future updates to try and make it a better experience.

Thanks for heads-up about VR problem.
As for long development - moto simulations is so extreme niche, there are virtually no controls in the market apart from uber expensive ones, which usually are way off the budget of standard MX Simulation public, most of which is youth, and playing such sims with gamepad is quite a torture, but there's no other choice.
MX Simulator has been in very slow development since 2007 and for a decade it was the only option, and it's ridiculous how much user support it received in motocross-related public, in a good way, but the progress on the core engine/mechanics/interface/graphics hasn't progressed really much over the decade. Now there's MX Bikes, which does some things a little better, other things a little worse, but now the demand and userbase of this title started finally growing, so the developement pace raised now. There are some neat daily update reports too. But both cases are the titles being developed by one man.
I just don't see reason why everyone in racing sim scene limit themselves only to MX vs ATV or MXGP or Supercross series, it's like we would refuse to go exploring AC, rF2, iRacing, AMS; and stuck only with NFS or Forza Horizon series.

Last edited:
I can imagine VR being a problem.
Not creating a VR POV, but the way the game plays.

Bikes are not cars and it is hard enough to create a simulation with the limited controls we have on PC, now add a virtual experience without an actual bike to sit on...

Unlike a car or flight sim, where you have a wheel/joystick and seat to replicate the real situation, the bike sim has neither and will remain an unsatisfying experience whatever solution (other than an actual bike analog you sit on).

MX is even worse to get right in VR compared to street bikes.

Again I am not talking about the VR POV, but complete VR experience.

Back to SX3, good news.
SX and SX2 are nice games, they are on the right track - as they have been with the MX series MX3 & 2019 (pro handles differently, but still fun, MX and MX2 were not bad, but held back by engine).

Well if you like things for nowt, Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Video Game is one of the free games this month on PS+ on Playstation Store.

Granted, might not be the greatest bike game ever made, but hard to knock it for free.

It looks pretty good, I just hope that they didn't "Improve" and "Rebuild" the physics like they said and did with MXGP 2019... Hopefully this THQ buyout will prove successful.

And thanks to the buyout, and THQ holding the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross license, we might have an offical AMA Outdoor MX game.

Some new screens:
266337984.jpg

266339796.jpg

266341703.jpg

266343609.jpg

266347312.jpg

It's here - Monster Energy Supercross 3: Be One of Us is now available to purchase on both PC and console.

Developed by Italian racing game studio Milestone, the absurdly long titled Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 3: Be One Of Us recently released on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and Google Stadia, bringing gamers the opportunity to enjoy the official 2019 Monster Energy Supercross Series in videogame form.

Key Features
  • Official 2019 Monster Energy Supercross season, with 100 riders from both the 450SX and 250SX Classes, 15 official stadiums and tracks. For the very first time in the series, players will finally have the chance to become a teammate of their favorite Supercross rider, choosing between a sponsor team or an Official Supercross Team of the 2019 Championship.
  • Thanks to new Dedicated Servers, players will now enjoy a smoother gameplay experience in Multiplayer, with a very low latency and lag-free races. Also, the Race Director Mode allows players to create amazing online tournaments, deciding from the players’ starting positions, to assigning penalties or choosing which cameras to focus on.
  • A bigger and richer Compound where to race alone or in co-op mode with 3 other friends. The new compound is the replica of the legendary Factory Supercross Practice Tracks in California, with 9 amazing tracks, where most of the OEMs that compete in the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship test their bikes.
  • An enhanced Track Editor featuring new modules and new stadium items to customize tracks in a unique way. Thanks to brand new aestetic customization items, such as Touch Block, Finish Gates or Leader Pillars, players can now enhance realism and immersion of their custom tracks.
  • Lastly, Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 3, for the first time since the game’s inception, Female riders are available with their own set of animations and physics. Just like we are seeing in stadiiums across the country in the Women’s Class at Supercross Futures, players can select a Female Custom Rider amongst different models to be the next Supercross Champion.
Supercross 3 Release 1.jpg

As well as featuring all the bikes and riders of the 2019 season, Milestone have spent considerable time on improving the visual and gameplay elements of the title for this new release. On the graphics front, the new title benefits from new rider animations and reworking of the particles system, which should bring increased realism to both dry and wet ground coverage, as well as fireworks and flames within the game.

On the handling front, Supercross 3 benefits from completely new rider physics to coincide with the updated animations, as well as implementing a new in-air bike control system to improve bike handling during jumps.

Already a popular franchise, the latest edition looks set to be the biggest and most impressive release so far.

Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videgame 3: Be One Of Us is available on PC and console now.

Having problems with the game? Hold with us for the upcoming Supercross 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Supercross 3 Release 2.jpg
Supercross 3 Release 3.jpg
Supercross 3 Release 4.jpg

Last edited:
Think it is pretty good, but note I am not an MX/SX expert, nor biker in RL.

As a more “casual” player I think Milestone have delivered a good product with plenty of content out of the box.

IMO if you like MX GP 2019 you’ll probably like where they are going with MESX3.
Handles a bit different compared to MESX and MESX2, tracks are a little more demanding, handling a little less forgiving.

That said, these games are more similar than different, you’ll feel instantly at home playing either game (SX being more “flow” oriented).

Been playing MXGP3, MXGP Pro, MXGP 2019 and MESX, MESX2 and MESX3 in a row the last couple of days. The evolution is clearly present, but with the exception of MXGP(4) Pro they are not radically different to favor one and hate the other. IMO.

it worth the full price of admission?
If you have don’t have any of the previous SX games, yeah I think so.
If you already have SX or SX2 it is a little more difficult.
As a fan, again I think so, as a casual player you may want to look around for a better price or wait for a sale.

That said, I am enjoying the gameplay - note I am using a mix of advanced and easier settings to focus on learning the flow of all tracks (advanced physics, joined breaks, semi-auto gears, no flow assist). This way I compensate for the stupid errors I still make while keeping the game fun.

Last edited:
It's a decent game, much more pleased with the riding physics than SX2, only a few little gripes. (Can't remap right stick, small front number plate, no adjustable FOV for first person, HORRIBLE whips, no Ken Roczen: A CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER).

Even as someone who rides in reality, I wouldn't knock it for "Arcadey-ness" because it's supposed to be a simple, fun game. It still is pretty challenging, but if you like exerting your energy just trying to keep a motorcycle upright, go play MX Sim.

As for Supercross 3, it's fun, for me, and that's all I care. The entire Monster Energy Supercross game series is a dream come true. Even at 5 years old seeing Ricky Carmichael and Jeremy McGrath on TV and in person, I never could have imagined a video game that replicated Supercross so closely with such graphics.

And Milestone recently being acquired by THQ (Nordic) likely means that it will get better from here.

On a side note a few DLC ideas:
-Open up modding capabilities, or;
-Add classic riders and/or 2 strokes (Like MotoGP 19 did, that was amazing!)
-Classic Tracks/classic seasons (Like F1 2013)

Now, is it worth the price? Like previously said, if you already own the first two, maybe, maybe not. But if you want more of a challenge, and/or you've pretty much mastered SX1 and 2, and you're a Supercross fan, I'd say yes. You can't smoke the AI like you used to, these guys will fight, they have nearly perfect lines through all sections. Miles ahead of SX1.

Gamepad, imo pretty intuitive.

XBOX example
right stick weight, left stick steering
right trigger throttle, left trigger (front) break
optional A rear break
clutch left bumper
gears B up, X down

weight and gears can be set to semi auto
breaks can be combined

there are two different “physics” settings

between this, race length, the AI strength and rewinds you can cater for a broad taste in sim cade to arcade.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing