Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Check out the latest trailer for the upcoming Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 2.

Having seen the first entry into this reasonably new franchise received to mixed reviews back in 2018, Milestone appeared to have doubled down the effort for the second edition to the official Supercross videogame, adding further polish and improvements to what is at its core a very solid racing title.

Again using the Unreal 4 game engine, the less than snappily titled Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 2 absolutely looks the part in terms of the graphics and presentation of the software, but have Milestone managed to nail down the other rather important aspects of the gameplay such has handling and performance?

According to Milestone they have, and as such the upcoming title could well be a marked improvement over the original release. Featuring things such as expanded career mode, substantially enhanced customisation options and improved track editing functionality, this looks very promising indeed - especially for fans of the popular bike racing category.

Monster Energy Supercross 2 - 3.jpg
Monster Energy Supercross 2 - 4.jpg

About The Game:

Live like a champion with the updated career mode.
Take part in more activities through your agenda: from Monday until the race weekend you will complete challenges, find new sponsors and meet fans to obtain incredible prizes!

Train hard in the Compound.
A vast area where you can ride freely and put your custom rider's skills to the test, competing against rivals on four different tracks. You can put your leaning, starting, braking, cornering and scrubbing abilities to the test here.

Tackle competitions like a hero.
Compete against more than 80 official 250SX and 450SX championship riders, including Jason Anderson, Marvin Musquin and, for the first time ever, the acclaimed Eli Tomac!

Your face, your style, your personality.
A new customisation mode with more than 3000 objects to create the bike of your dreams with aftermarket components. Customise your avatar with new options including beards, tattoos, earrings, hats; as well as skin, eye, hair and eyebrow colours.
Choose how to celebrate victory: after all, we all have our lucky moves!

An upgraded track editor.
Additional features and simplified accessibility thanks to the new graphic interface. Designing, constructing and sharing your custom tracks with the community will be easier thanks to the upgraded track editor!

Monster Energy Supercross 2 - 1.jpg
Monster Energy Supercross 2 - 2.jpg

Monster Energy Supercross - The Videogame 2 will be released February 8th 2019 for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Check out the upcoming Monster Energy Supercross 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to connect with your fellow motorcross racing fans.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Looks very nice and very interesting camera angles (the second to last screenshot in particular looks really cool). Not too familiar with Supercross though...the ad said the official "track": is there only 1 track/1 event?

Also wondering, since it's on UE4, if it will suffer from the same ghosting issue due to TAA as in ACC.

I hope they improved the whips or just revert to the old SX1 whip physics, because the MXGP PRO whips were so horrendous. But I will buy regardless, because Supercross The Game was amazing, and AMA Supercross has never been represented so extensively. It's slowly catching up to NASCAR in terms of popularity.

One thing I wish they would do is have a Classics mode like F1 2013. I'd love to ride a 1993 CR250R at a historic SX event.

At least I don't have to mod these guys back into the game.
20180925234549_1.jpg

I'm looking forward to it. I liked MES1 and MXGP pro ( physic's are a tad different ). Been doing this sport my whole life , so it's cool to see it getting some love from the gaming industry.

Not my type of racing, but the image in the front page, dang! Without reading the article, I thought something happened about motocross racing news. I thought it was a real life picture and someone crashed and broke a leg or something. I'm glad it's not another 4 wheel racer or I'm gonna have to buy again and put it inside a library of games I don't play anymore. Happy for two-wheel lovers though!

I've only played the MX1 game they made a few years ago. It was good and already looked good back then (6 or 7 years ago?). But the ai suffered heavily from rubber banding akin to racing games in the '80s and '90s. At the hardest difficulty setting, people in front of you would be hard to catch, but the moment they were finally behind the player, they would disappear from existence and fall half a minute behind in 1 lap, every lap.

But I don't care what anyone says, the best motocross game will always be Motocross Madness for Win95-98.

Here's a warning.
I bought Ride 3, also by Milestone and released 30th Nov last year.
It has all the amazing promises just like this.
It is massively bugged!
Non existent AI being a huge problem.
There has been 1 patch just before xmas, which fixed nothing. Sideways fitted exhaust pipes? Maybe you prefer no exhaust pipe? Around a track in an impossible time? Drag racing broken.
The community is up in arms and we've heard NOTHING! Have a look at the Steam forum.
DLC is still coming, more bikes with more bugs.

Buy Milestone if you really want to, but be warned.
Take the money and run, anyone?

I've just been testing it, Magny Cours has moved to 700pp from 540. Now it's a walk in the park.
The GSX around Cadwell and RC at Macau, etc etc. Not touched.
They HAVE made it so AI doesn't smash you off the track. It's still a crash but you have a chance of hanging on, more like Ride 2.
I'd managed to complete Nurburgring on the R3 (or 4?) 0.158 seconds inside the time :D But I will test/watch others and see if it's got better.
I think eventually they will get there.
So for this game, I'd wait 3 or 4 months before looking at buying.

I've only played the MX1 game they made a few years ago. It was good and already looked good back then (6 or 7 years ago?). But the ai suffered heavily from rubber banding akin to racing games in the '80s and '90s. At the hardest difficulty setting, people in front of you would be hard to catch, but the moment they were finally behind the player, they would disappear from existence and fall half a minute behind in 1 lap, every lap.

But I don't care what anyone says, the best motocross game will always be Motocross Madness for Win95-98.

I hear what you're saying. I enjoy these new title's , but man , MCM2 had me hooked going on about 4 years of racing in the zone. What is really cool , is that a lot of the top user made track creator's hang out on the moto forum's i'm on. Spodeboy , some of the team AUS guy's , Roncada used to.

Never had an online experience that matched MCM2/The Zone. Great times for me.

keep on buying motocross games hoping for something similar but no luck so far.

Having said that, I recently viewed some MCM2 footage on youtube and god damn it was ugly in everyday.

The game with the most spectacularly long title is now available - welcome to the world Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 2.

Developed on Unreal 4 by Milestone S.r.l, the second official game of the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship has been released on both console and PC, available now for around £40.00 on the Steam platform.

Containing the teams, riders and locations of the 2018 AMA Supercross season, this new title looks set to become one of the most complete and feature rich off road bike racing games ever produced - building nice on the already very solid foundations laid down by the original 2018 release from Milestone.

Featuring a very solid and much improved track editor as well as many of the official racing locations of the AMA season, Milestone believe this new release to be a step up and above the original title, and opens the door yet further to fans of the real world series who have yet to fully engage with the potential of video game culture to support and grow popularity of racing championships throughout the world.

About the Game

The official Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship game is back!

Live like a champion with the updated career mode.
Take part in more activities through your agenda: from Monday until the race weekend you will complete challenges, find new sponsors and meet fans to obtain incredible prizes!

Train hard in the Compound.
A vast area where you can ride freely and put your custom rider's skills to the test, competing against rivals on four different tracks. You can put your leaning, starting, braking, cornering and scrubbing abilities to the test here.

Tackle competitions like a hero.
Compete against more than 80 official 250SX and 450SX championship riders, including Jason Anderson, Marvin Musquin and, for the first time ever, the acclaimed Eli Tomac!

Your face, your style, your personality.
A new customisation mode with more than 3000 objects to create the bike of your dreams with aftermarket components. Customise your avatar with new options including beards, tattoos, earrings, hats; as well as skin, eye, hair and eyebrow colours.
Choose how to celebrate victory: after all, we all have our lucky moves!

An upgraded track editor.
Additional features and simplified accessibility thanks to the new graphic interface. Designing, constructing and sharing your custom tracks with the community will be easier thanks to the upgraded track editor!

Supercross 2 the game Released.jpg

Monster Energy Supercross - The Videogame 2 is available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Check out the Monster Energy Supercross 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to connect with your fellow motorcross racing fans.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Love it.
Have it and already enjoy it. :inlove:
They keep make it better and better every year.
Really... when next time anyone say that Code... Milestone I mean can't produce a good game...
we'll have a nice round of chick fight here. :)

Last edited:
Love it.
Have it and already enjoy it. :inlove:
They keep make it better and better every year.
Really... when next time anyone say that Code... Milestone I mean can't produce a good game...
we'll have a nice round of chick fight here. :)

I agree, Milestone have really improved themselves. 5 years ago, I would have never associated the name "Milestone" to a game with decent physics and amazing graphics.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%