Super V8's?

How on earth are you supposed to drive these? I can normally race most of the cars at 95-97% AI and have a decent race. However, I'm 3-4 seconds off the pace at Adelaide with these cars? My best lap is a 1.25.1 while the AI in race trim goes 1.21-1.23! I've lowered the gear ratios and practiced HT shifting and no luck. I've tried at other tracks as well and I'm similarly off the pace vs the AI. Any advice or setups? These cars are a blast but so hard to turn and get off the corner with.

Quick idea,

Lower front anti roll bar, raise rear anti roll bar.

Same for springs.

Same for tyre pressures.

Increase front camber, lower rear camber.

Basically for everything pretty much, lower the front raise the rear, and be progressive with the throttle to get the arse out, but in a controlled manner. No stabbing at the throttle.

v8 supercars are generally difficult to drive first time around. It takes practicing your consistency and adapting your driving style as well as some setup work to be quick in these things.

It's like they designed them to be difficult on purpose to make the racing tougher. A classic Aussie thing to do. Sort of like the open-wheel trainers with their rear-engined and high centre of gravity. But like those, as @Lolzatron3155 said, you can get used to them if you do not try to drive the same way you do in some other series.

Also revisiting this thread - play around with your FOV. I recently bought a monitor mount for my rig, thus i've removed the steering wheel in cockpit and zoomed the view (FOV wise) right in, i'd read that the car to a certain extent pivots around the FOV setting you have, since i've zoomed my view in I cant stop spinning these cars like a top. I used to have the camera sat WAY, WAY back in the cockpit which made the car handle with lots of understeer, since moving forward i have the opposite issues!

It's like they designed them to be difficult on purpose to make the racing tougher. A classic Aussie thing to do. Sort of like the open-wheel trainers with their rear-engined and high centre of gravity. But like those, as @Lolzatron3155 said, you can get used to them if you do not try to drive the same way you do in some other series.

Definitely, it's the way these cars were designed. Unlike 90's dtm where you can just throw around, you have to be careful with inputs. V8's, rwd and heaviness is usually a difficult combo. But all types of cars require practice to master.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 417 39.9%