Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

How silly. You literally wrote out a wordy version of "I'm taking my ball and going home."

First of all, rumors dont start because you gave out too much information, rumors start because you forced your fans and supporters to speculate due to a LACK of information. The only updates we got in the backer forum were literally word for word: "We have a big announcement soon, we will say more in a coming update." There was never an update since the project's Kickstarter was started, and even DURING the Kickstarter there was no updates. Its was always "We will update you soon." People were FORCED to speculate because you've kept the project behind such tightly sealed doors that people were STARVING for information. Nobody speculates because you gave them all the info they needed, they speculate and start rumors because you haven't given them anything, and thus they need to try to piece together some sort of update themselves!

Countless times people asked for more communication, and countless times we got the "Soon" response. At some point you need to stop blaming Reiza, stop blaming the community, and stop playing the victim. YOU failed to provide people with information that led them to speculate and start rumors. Hopefully this is a hard lesson in how important communication is to development. If you honestly dont feel you had updates to share, you were not even close enough in development to announce the project which sounds very true given its taken months and we still only get the "soon" reply -- until now where we get the "You guys all suck, we are leaving!" reply.

I supported the project, hell -- I still do. I am excited to see it happen one day. But this is getting more and more desperate. You're blaming your fans for trying to get some information flowing -- information you should have already been shared even just to the backers.

I wish the project the best, and hopefully this was a lesson learned about communication. Developing mods with extravagant support isn't easy, hopefully thats much more apparent now.

Best of luck, shame you decided to shut yourselves completely in at this point, but what can you do when advice was given but not acted upon?

Wasn't the mod team in charge of the 3D modeling accused some time ago of selling ripped content as mods for AC? I remember reading about it in virtualR where some "disagreements" were being raised (to put it kindly) in the comments section. (EDIT Found it)

Now we have a guy claiming the 3D models in this mod were paid by himself for his personal enjoyment in rFactor and shouldn't have been sold to enybody else and OZV8 is saying they're changing development studio for the models.

WELP.

Back To the DTM Suggestion

What if we make a little competition.
We are Looking for None License "fake" Brand names Like URD did with their EGT Mod for AC.
They had renamed a "Porsche 991 GTE" to "Dorche 881 EGT".

Fake brand names for:
Audi
Mercedes
BMW

So the one who has the best Fake names gets early acces to a DTM Mod From us.

Good Luck

Aqua
Marauder
BFW - BMW began as Bayersiche Flugzeungwerke

That's odd , hmm? My notepad won't open those files for some reason.

Anyways Tero , I got so used to seeing your awesome skins in there , it looks really bland without them! You did an awesome job on those things! Just makes the racing look sooo much better!

I just wanted to say thanks to the entire ARC team for taking the time to do this for all of us. I think it's awesome when a great modder ( or team ) gets involved in something like this.

I'll also echo the suggestion on a great GT mod. Something along the lines of the old Blancpain mod , only with revised cars and physics. Or even a FIA endurance type mod with LMP 1 & 2 mixed in with the Blancpain stuff.....one big ultimate mod! That would be freakin' sweet!

I just wanted to say thanks to the entire ARC team for taking the time to do this for all of us. I think it's awesome when a great modder ( or team ) gets involved in something like this.

I'll also echo the suggestion on a great GT mod. Something along the lines of the old Blancpain mod , only with revised cars and physics. Or even a FIA endurance type mod with LMP 1 & 2 mixed in with the Blancpain stuff.....one big ultimate mod! That would be freakin' sweet!
Yeah we are planning to release a GTE LMP2 AND 1 mod

That's odd , hmm? My notepad won't open those files for some reason.

Anyways Tero , I got so used to seeing your awesome skins in there , it looks really bland without them! You did an awesome job on those things! Just makes the racing look sooo much better!
Do it this way:
Start Notepad, Go to File -> Open, then choose "All files (*.*) from the dropdown on the bottom right and then navigate to where the .veh files are and you should now be able to see and open them :)

Thanks!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back