Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Thanks for the vid @TumeStill can't brake as late as you with the Fanatec pedals unfortunately but getting there.

Yes I know, practise, practise, ermmm, practise :cool:
Tried blipping yet?

You can brake late with this car but on long, hard brakings it requires blipping the throttle because the car has no auto-blip and thus you must match the revs when downshifting.

Then the rest is up to managing the brakes, which in my opinion is easy but can get tricky while blipping. I personally do it without clutch since I can't do heel n toe with my pedals, and not like I would succeed at it anyway. Throttle is fine, just don't use it too much or it will ultimately drain the effectiveness of the brakes.

If you won't blip you will have to begin braking earlier and be gentle, thus losing plenty of time, maybe even as much as half a second or more in one braking :p

Tried blipping yet?

You can brake late with this car but on long, hard brakings it requires blipping the throttle because the car has no auto-blip and thus you must match the revs when downshifting.

Then the rest is up to managing the brakes, which in my opinion is easy but can get tricky while blipping. I personally do it without clutch since I can't do heel n toe with my pedals, and not like I would succeed at it anyway. Throttle is fine, just don't use it too much or it will ultimately drain the effectiveness of the brakes.

If you won't blip you will have to begin braking earlier and be gentle, thus losing plenty of time, maybe even as much as half a second or more in one braking :p

Yes that makes sense as I got the right entry speed into the chicane in race two but under braking I was losing nearly a second into each sector. My corner speeds seem ok compared to yours, you're getting on the power sooner than me but there's not too much in it. The understeer caught me out a fair bit, even taps of left foot braking to try and bring the nose in-line doesn't always work but the handling was good though.

Braking is the thing I need to work on and thanks for the tips (yes I was starting to blip on race two), I'm not kidding myself and there are of course some very fast racers who spends hours and hours practising (which with work I can't do) but I want to achieve good results with this car, I'm ok with it but I want to get much better. :)

My corner speeds seem ok compared to yours, you're getting on the power sooner than me but there's not too much in it.
There's also a small trick behind this as well...the car understeers like hell, make no mistake about that. But the thing is the car understeers MORE while engine braking than it does while throttling. Of course, if you throttle too much the car will ultimately understeer again (or depending on the angle, oversteer and spin) and leave the optimal line. But if you time it right and use the throttle the right amount, it helps. I guess you can observe it from the video where I braked into the second hard braking spot (after the chicane), 3 gears down and then feeling out the car with a few throttle pedal pushes and got the line (and exit with a small slide :p)

Fun cars! Tough to complete laps at speed without having an off, proven during the race as the grass was littered with cars. Rejoining the track was also difficult it seems, cars seemed t love to be moving across the track either frontwards or backwards.

R1, taken out by a car moving slowly across the track on L2.

R2, much better. I lost sight of Gundars but ended up in a great race with Nick Lawrence!

Great fun in a car I never tried before. I outbraked myself on L1 R1, so sorry to whoever I clipped. I waited, but was not sure who I'd disadvantaged so I continued after a short pause. In the end a back marker took me out whislt trying to let me pass.
R2 was a blast. Was gaining on @John Lock but was not able to make a pass. WD John, I enjoyed that. :):)
Cheers to all for racing and many thanks to the guys at RD for organising (@Yves Larose ?).
Also thanks to @Dennis Phelan for helping with race admin.
More races like this please guys. :thumbsup:

Great fun, great turnout. These cars are definitely a handful, especially on such a high speed circuit. Congrats to everyone who finished and welcome to all the new folks.

Started P4 in R1, got lucky and made my way through the T1 carnage up into P2 and stayed there the rest of the race. Allessandro was gaining on me for a majority of the race, but eventually fell back with Jörn, who kept me on pace. Car setup felt really good and I was in the zone. My first podium at RD in only two events.

R2 was a complete disaster. Started in P5, had a great run out of the chicane narrowly avoiding cars sliding sideways only to go off on the next turn, then rub the wall the following lap. Was catching back up through the pack into P7 and oversteered out of the chicane into the wall and glitched through the terrain. Had to DNF as the framerate turned into a slideshow. Plus I think I was flipped upside down. :whistling:

Thank you for hosting Yves, and hope to see you all on track again in the future.

Had great fun in both races, nice close racing.
It was a struggle to limit the slip at the back on exit, nice fast track though:)
I was a bit tough on the back markers after getting hampered a few times in R1, just a hot head:)
That combo would be epic at the ring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years