AC Super Trofeo @ Road Atlanta - Monday 09 Dec 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Congratulations to the the podium and thanks @Craig Dunkley , superb track and i liked the car too.

Quali was ok for me. Started 10th and tried to stay clean in the first lap, which I somehow managed to. A few laps in, it was around L6? I guess, i got under pressure from @Medilloni. Seeing you in my mirror going faster than me was challenging. But I thought, as long as i get a good exit onto the long straight, there is no overtaking spot on this track... and boy I was wrong :D. Between T4 and 5 he went by, well done: thumbs up: As soon as you were gone, @Raf Nix was pushing and giving me a lot of pressure until T7 when you went off track. (I guess it was you on teamspeak "announcing" it? :D A few laps later, it was time for my "mistake of the race" and i spun in sector 1, allowing you the get by. But as it turned out, that and a little mistake later, led to a nice end-race battle with @david92tm. Thanks for that one :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks for putting on tonight's race @Craig Dunkley , this track is amazing :thumbsup: Congrats to the podium finishers, can't believe how close to GT3 times you got!

My .json file is corrupt so if anyone could upload to https://simresults.net/ I'd be very very grateful;)

REALLY hope you guys can make the Monday Feldbergring race as Craig says, the combo is mental, fantastic fun:)

Congratulations to the the podium and thanks @Craig Dunkley , superb track and i liked the car too.

Quali was ok for me. Started 10th and tried to stay clean in the first lap, which I somehow managed to. A few laps in, it was around L6? I guess, i got under pressure from @Medilloni. Seeing you in my mirror going faster than me was challenging. But I thought, as long as i get a good exit onto the long straight, there is no easy overtaking spot on this track... and boy I was wrong :D. Between T4 and 5 he went by, well done: thumbs up: As soon as you were gone, @Raf Nix was pushing and giving me a lot of pressure until T7 when you went off track. (I guess it was you on teamspeak "announcing" it? :D A few laps later, it was time for my "mistake of the race" and i spun in sector 1, allowing you the get by. But as it turned out, that and a little mistake later, led to a nice end-race battle with @david92tm. Thanks for that one :thumbsup:
That one was incredible, enjoyed a lot. Thanks

Stupid stupid stupid :notworthy:
How to f*** up your race in the first lap (guide by myself):
1. Brake earlier than you should to not got the one in front
2. Watch the radar more than the track itself
3. Make space of others. Doesn't matter you end up in the grass
4. You might get tapped and end up on the grass anyway.
5. All of the above.

Until I've reached the esses I was dead last. So I've pushed as hard as I could. could not reach @Medilloni in time. Maybe in 60min?
Still, all of those made the race challenging enough and memorable. The way I passed @Craig Dunkley with 2 wheels on the grass or the clean battle with @SOLO59 for 4-5 laps will be to remember for me.

P.S. @Michael Reib please be careful in the chicane. You've bumped into me even if we were side by side at breaking point, and retained the position, then, the next lap, you've braked from behind me very long into the corner and I had to brake longer and harder to not hit you. Just be careful and aware of other cars too.

@640er
I guess, i got under pressure from @Medilloni. Seeing you in my mirror going faster than me was challenging. But I thought, as long as i get a good exit onto the long straight, there is no easy overtaking spot on this track... and boy I was wrong :D. Between T4 and 5 he went by, well done: thumbs up:
Thanks Andreas, I saw you go a little bit wide and had the momentum - but moves like that rely on fairness, for which I thank you:thumbsup: ...must admit, I did breath in very sharply:laugh:

Really enjoyed today. Even though i only drove the track for the first time with 10 mins to go in practice. My god you cant see the bends, in VR its just blind. The car felt horrible. In the end i used a setup from here with some minor tweeks. Crazy how this car eats the rear left tyre on mediums.

Anyhow, qualy P18 i think. Finished race P11, i really think it could of been P10 if i didn't have an incident. Kept it clean and consistent and was lapping 1:21s by mid race.

Great fun, really missed these races!

Stupid stupid stupid :notworthy:
How to f*** up your race in the first lap (guide by myself):
1. Brake earlier than you should to not got the one in front
2. Watch the radar more than the track itself
3. Make space of others. Doesn't matter you end up in the grass
4. You might get tapped and end up on the grass anyway.
5. All of the above.
Meh, you're being too hard on yourself mate - first ,have fun racing, the 'wonderful battle', then results will come, which will be soon for you. Your improvement rate is f***ing annoying by the way :laugh:

Meh, you're being too hard on yourself mate - first ,have fun racing, the 'wonderful battle', then results will come, which will be soon for you. Your improvement rate is f***ing annoying by the way :laugh:
Glad that I've read this as I woke up. Made my day.:thumbsup: I do have to let the competition aside. And practice the first lap with AI or something.

Last edited:
I was last, lapped by every man and his dog, internet kept dropping out,
Sometimes it just ain’t your day, :(John is correct, your far to hard on yourself @Raresch.

Still finished the race though.:thumbsup:

PS, us old boys think it is time for you to slooow down.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Actually I was the last one to pass the finish line. :notworthy: After a lousy qualify started 16th. Mostly because of mistakes of others I reached 11th until I got my usual bad moment in turn 1 forcing everyone behind to pass. Had some nice battles with Craig.
But I'm puzzled that every other car was faster on the straight. I had rear wing 5. Any idea's?

Actually I was the last one to pass the finish line. :notworthy: After a lousy qualify started 16th. Mostly because of mistakes of others I reached 11th until I got my usual bad moment in turn 1 forcing everyone behind to pass. Had some nice battles with Craig.
But I'm puzzled that every other car was faster on the straight. I had rear wing 5. Any idea's?

Probably a little late on the throttle out of the back turn leading to the straight, also your gearing and gearchange could matter. Last, if your grip is not optimal, you won't go as fast as possible.

had rear wing 5
I've had 5 as well. I used the setup from Mateo Caruso and lowered the aero to 5 and changed the back arb one click down. also changed the tire temp. maybe that was the problem? you were sliding when exiting the corner while applying the throttle? I've changed the arb 5-10 minutes before the quali started. that's why ben said I was constantly improving. I was making small changes every 10-15 mins. This time all of them worked the first time.

My top speed in the race was around 170mph (273kph) with a rear wing set @ 4, but I also achieved the same in practice with Matteo's setup (Wing 6). I think you were running @ 162mph, with lower revs, before braking. I also had a look @ chris's top speed - 167/8mph with a rear wing 1. So it probably has summat to do with the gear setup, losing time in the corner and maybe less to do with your rear wing choice. Unfortunately for me, because I still use my right foot to brake I lose any ground gained with the extra mph by coming off the gas early.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back