Super Touring 98 Mod

Yes I use the 1.7.5 version and I modified the INCCAR files to use others Super Touring mods. I also modified the talent files, HDC and track files (AIW and GDB) to have the more realistic races as possible.

I remember there was more difficult to get up the temperatures with the 1.4, especially for rear wheels with FWD. Actually the tyres temperatures are correct. With a soft driving I haven't any tyre overheat.

I already searched on HDC files and I didn't find the right line. There is only one that refers to tyre pressure :
"PressureRange=(80.0, 1.0, 31)" for rear left and right wheels, on ST_BMW.hdc file, and I don't understand what I need to modify. I think "80" is the minimum pressure, so where is the max ?

I'm not very good for setup but in my opinion the BMW e36's rear wheels need something like 120/130 kpa. For now I always have the center of the tire colder than the inside and outside.

For my setup to work I needed the very low tyre pressure, so I lowered the base pressure, but that results in lower max pressure. I will add the possibility to have the same max pressure as the other cars in next version. The three numbers are: base, how much increase for every step, how many steps. So by using a higher 3rd number you can have more pressure. 50 should be enought. But it's quite difficult to get good rwd grip. The low pressure helped a lot, but it's possible there are other better ways.

I haven't had much problems with that, but it's probably caused by suspension/steering damage from springs bottoming out at some tracks. The Laguna has soft suspension as default setup. In the new version I have edited the damage files so the wheels can sustain more force without being bent. For now harder springs and/or more negative toe in can help.
The new version will have new setups for some tracks for the ai cars. I have learned quite a lot about that the last weeks :)

Happens from the second the lights go green. Happens with alot of the Cars except the 2000 Ford Mondeo, Toyota Carina and the BMW M3. Not my set up as i use a Xbox 360 Pad.

Seems like the front wheels got slightly different acceleleration grip for some reason. I thought it felt realistic that a
Fwd car was 'moving' a little, but it should not always move to the left.
Anyway I have remade the suspension files for all the cars and the problem seems to be gone.

Last edited:
Seems like the front wheels got slightly different acceleleration grip for some reason. I thought it felt realistic that a
Fwd car was 'moving' a little, but it should not always move to the left.
Anyway I have remade the suspension files for all the cars and the problem seems to be gone.
Awesome :thumbsup:

Next update that is almost finished:

* A lot of minor bug fixes and polishing
* Tweaked physics for all cars, including new suspension geometry.
The suspensions are now more like the real ST cars, and also prevent the strange turning slightly to the left when accelerating problem.
Also updated simplified ai dampers and increased ai calculation so the ai cars don't flip over that easily.
* Some balance of performance for the cars has been made, but can still be improved
* Reworked tyres and textures for rain tyres
* Some setup files for ai cars have been added
* Updated aiw (ai cars driving file) for some of the btcc tracks available. Please make a copy of your original .aiw files for the tracks first.
They are in the 'Track updates' directory, and should be placed in the tracks (Locations) folders manualy.
The files includes new racing lines that suits the cars slightly better and new pit and garage positions to prevent the cars from hitting walls when exiting garage. Also tried to keep the ai cars out of some problem areas at Oulton park to decrease 'stupid ai swerving'.
* Tweaked talents files to have faster ai cars and more variation in race results
* Added updated and resculpted Chrysler Stratus, originaly made by Ruben Denoso
* Finally added Super Touring Reloaded '97. The skins for most of the cars are originaly made by Alexander Hederby and some privateer skins are made by Simon Gardner.
I have made a few skins and edited the others to fit updated cars and templates. Some new parts and versions of the cars has been made to fit the '97 season.
A new helmet visor has also been added.
donington97.jpg
honda97.jpg
vauxhall97.jpg
oulton_seasons.jpg

Last edited:
I think it will. I have found out you can delete the id number for cars (maybe the game thinks ID is 1 for them?), so I only use id numbers for the 'base' cars. But if there are any problems you can just move or delete the folder of 97 and/or the other addons.

Just added 1.9 and i can't get it to work Andreas. I made sure i removed all the Mods i had in Game before Adding 1.9, I've gone through adding Mod 4 times and i keep getting the same results.

None of the Cars in Pre 2, Reloaded 97, 98, 99, Seasons 1 or Seasons 2 will remain activated in the Car Filter.

Then thought i'd look at the Model ID's just in case and Noticed alot of the Cars in Seasons have conflicting Model ID's

All Alfa 155's are using 180
All BMW 320i are using 189
Both versions of the Volvo 850 are using 128
Both the Ford Mondeo ST MK1's are using 195
Both the Ford Mondeo ST Mk2's are using 213
and so on.

Surely that's going to cause conflicts?

Edit:
Andreas mate, can you please explain to me, what the hell is going on here?
20170913013645_1r.jpg

II've removed 1.9 from my Game since i can't use it at the moment and the icons were still in game, so i removed them from the Textures folder, i've no other mods added, only got SimBin cars and now i have 7 blank tiles that the 1.9 Super Touring Mod were using and i can't remove them.

Last edited:
Just added 1.9 and i can't get it to work Andreas. I made sure i removed all the Mods i had in Game before Adding 1.9, I've gone through adding Mod 4 times and i keep getting the same results.

None of the Cars in Pre 2, Reloaded 97, 98, 99, Seasons 1 or Seasons 2 will remain activated in the Car Filter.

Then thought i'd look at the Model ID's just in case and Noticed alot of the Cars in Seasons have conflicting Model ID's

All Alfa 155's are using 180
All BMW 320i are using 189
Both versions of the Volvo 850 are using 128
Both the Ford Mondeo ST MK1's are using 195
Both the Ford Mondeo ST Mk2's are using 213
and so on.

Surely that's going to cause conflicts?

Edit:
Andreas mate, can you please explain to me, what the hell is going on here?
View attachment 211609
II've removed 1.9 from my Game since i can't use it at the moment and the icons were still in game, so i removed them from the Textures folder, i've no other mods added, only got SimBin cars and now i have 7 blank tiles that the 1.9 Super Touring Mod were using and i can't remove them.

Don't panic.. There are a class file for the mod in gamedata/classes. delete it and the icons will be gone.
(There are only car 256 ids available, and simbin uses a lot of them. So there will probably be conflicts somewhere anyway. ) Thats why car filter doesn't work. If someone knows how to expand car ids, please let me know...

Last edited:
Cant you just deactivate the filter and chose one of the seasons?
The first of the "seasons" classes contains almost all models

Last edited:
HI Guys

I'm in the middle of making a skin for the "Nissan Primeria P10" but i'm after changing the colour of the wheels i'm using, however i can't seem to locate the ".DDS" files for them.

Does anyone know were there located.
20170922195855_1.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%