Super Speedway WIP

EDIT: Just to make it clear from the start - these projects can only be opened with the 0.8.9.1 Beta

Hi guys,

I've had these tracks sitting on my hard drive in various states pretty much since the beginning of BTB. Remember all those years ago when rFactor Central did a contest to see who could make the best track with the BTB demo in 2 weeks? Well, I came second in that contest and in the process I won myself a free copy of BTB.

In the long time that has passed since, I have been busy with various things and am now studying at uni and also have a job which means I don't have all that much free time on my hands. I did release Buckmore Park for rFactor, and various people have asked me what my methods were, how I did this and that. Particularly with regards to my tarmac transitions, textures and buildings. Well, here's your chance to see the 'source code' as it were (albeit with a different project - same techniques though).

Basically, after I got my copy of BTB I intended to release the track that I won it with, but BTB kept improving, as did my skills, so I kept on adding to it. Eventually, the original track morphed into several different concepts, and now because all of them are huge files, it has become increasingly difficult to work with them. Not to mention the fact that I saved them with the new beta and now I have to wait for Brendon to renew the license every time I want to work on them.

So, I'm releasing the two best 'concepts' I've produced in the original BTB files in the hope that someone who has a bit more time will finish them for me. Also, this provides an opportunity for people to see how I've made the tracks and hopefully use some of my techniques to improve their own tracks.

Version 1 (The original Super Speedway):
This is the closest to the track I originally created for the competition. It is much more refined and realistic, but the basic track layout is still there, albeit with several more possible layout configurations. My only problem with this version is that it's a bit too sterile. It is basically finished, but I'm hoping that someone will inject a bit more character into it, maybe with some tyre marks, or some more realistic kerbs/textures. Or alternatively, someone could just add some AIW, bring together some of the possible layouts, and release it as it is. Depends how much time someone is willing to spend on it really, but it is the easiest one to work with.

Link:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2700714700/Super Speedway.zip

Version 2 (My favorite version):
For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to turn the roval concept on its head and have the road course on the outfield instead of the infield. Turns out, I produced a track which is pretty fun to drive. It still requires some terrain in areas but the track itself is basically finished.

Link:
https://rapidshare.com/files/3134121014/Super Speedway V2.zip

Note that everything in these tracks was created with BTB and Photoshop. All of the buildings were made within BTB using the 'wall' tool. All of the objects I've used are readily available for free on this website. I didn't use 3DSMax or any other 3D programs at all.

I've added Rapidshare links for both versions so everyone is free to open the tracks for themselves. If anyone wants to work on the tracks and release them you are also free to do so, the only thing I ask is that you let me know before you release it, and you put my name as the main creator. If anyone can't download the files from Rapidshare I'd appreciate if someone could host a mirror, as I only have a Rapidshare account.

Screenshots to be added in the next post.

Version 1:
SSV1_01.jpg

SSV1_02.jpg

SSV1_03.jpg

SSV1_04.jpg

SSV1_05.jpg

Version 2:
SSV2_01.jpg

SSV2_02.jpg

SSV2_03.jpg

SSV2_04.jpg

SSV2_05.jpg

Ah yes, I did mention it in the description, but perhaps I should have made it clearer.

These projects can only be opened with the BTB Beta, which is one of the things that has made it difficult for me to work on them (Due to there being no reliable licensing system). Brendon does update the licenses sometimes though, so it should be possible for people to work on them.

Anyone interested in picking up either of these projects at all? Would be an ideal time now the beta license has been reset again.

Would love to see one or both tracks released, just don't have time to do it myself.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back