Resource icon

Cars Super Clio Remastered 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Lorencini submitted a new resource:

Super Clio Remastered - mod car and 66 unique liveries remastered for AMS standards

One of the most successfull mods from rf1 is back! Super Clio 2006 for AMS!

View attachment 317589
Featuring:
- 66 unique liveries, reworked for High quality
- New sport steering wheel and compact display (rf1 originals also available)
- Super AI (even better than reiza cars)
- Working headlights for night races.

The Super Clio is famous for its raceability. Its central position seat give the driver top notch visibility and control. Graphic-wise, the mod is very light (much lighter...

Read more about this resource...

Wonderful mod, but I have a few questions:

Steering lock is 15 degrees; 25 is standard. I usually just go into the HDV file to change this myself because I assume the modder preferred his value for himself. Does not work? Same with brake pressure (the wheels lock-up too easily at high speed, so lowering the brake pressure seems more realistic to me). Any ideas why the HDV (in the main car folder) is not passing through new values?

The AI are too slow, both generally and specifically the Super Clio class that is supposed to be higher powered? When I run a mixed field, the most powerful Super Clio 2006 class are by far the slowest. When I drive a 2006 class to Reiza standard AI calibration speeds, it is faster than any other car out there (e.g., by 1 sec per lap at Londrina).

Thanks for a great addition to AMS! These cars are very fun to race and everything else about them is good.

Marc

Wonderful mod, but I have a few questions:

Steering lock is 15 degrees; 25 is standard. I usually just go into the HDV file to change this myself because I assume the modder preferred his value for himself. Does not work? Same with brake pressure (the wheels lock-up too easily at high speed, so lowering the brake pressure seems more realistic to me). Any ideas why the HDV (in the main car folder) is not passing through new values?

The AI are too slow, both generally and specifically the Super Clio class that is supposed to be higher powered? When I run a mixed field, the most powerful Super Clio 2006 class are by far the slowest. When I drive a 2006 class to Reiza standard AI calibration speeds, it is faster than any other car out there (e.g., by 1 sec per lap at Londrina).

Thanks for a great addition to AMS! These cars are very fun to race and everything else about them is good.

Marc

And when I say too slow, I meant relative to the player car. I see someone else has commented in a review that the (player) car is overall too fast relative to the real versions. I was not commenting on that, but if it is the case, it may be that some of the AI are now closer to the correct speed and it is the player car that is too fast!

Here's my best laptimes and AI percentage I use with SuperClio in some Reiza tracks:

Hockenheim - 93% (1:51.794)
Spielberg - 96% (1:40.687)
Santa Cruz do Sul - 102% (1:22.506)
Curvelo B - 95% (1:28.004)

Now the percentage that I use with some Reiza cars:

Stock Car:
Hockenheim - 96% (1:46.117)
Spielberg - 94% (1:36.352)
Santa Cruz do Sul - 99% (1:20.671)

MCR 2000:
Hockenheim - 102% (1:45.306)
Spielberg - 102% (1:36.662)
Santa Cruz do Sul - 101% (1.19.968)

Boxer Cup:

Hockenheim - 101% (1.42.038)
Spielberg - 98% (1.31.378)
Santa Cruz do Sul - 107%
Curvelo B - 98% (1:24.284)

So, In my experience, the SuperClio AI is pretty consistent with default content.

Here's my best laptimes and AI percentage I use with SuperClio in some Reiza tracks:

Hockenheim - 93% (1:51.794)
Spielberg - 96% (1:40.687)
Santa Cruz do Sul - 102% (1:22.506)
Curvelo B - 95% (1:28.004)

Now the percentage that I use with some Reiza cars:

Stock Car:
Hockenheim - 96% (1:46.117)
Spielberg - 94% (1:36.352)
Santa Cruz do Sul - 99% (1:20.671)

MCR 2000:
Hockenheim - 102% (1:45.306)
Spielberg - 102% (1:36.662)
Santa Cruz do Sul - 101% (1.19.968)

Boxer Cup:

Hockenheim - 101% (1.42.038)
Spielberg - 98% (1.31.378)
Santa Cruz do Sul - 107%
Curvelo B - 98% (1:24.284)

So, In my experience, the SuperClio AI is pretty consistent with default content.

The lower-powered AI Clio's should be dramatically faster than the higher-powered ones?

I didn't understand which higher-powered Clio you are talking about...

The mod I've uploaded has just one car, there's no performance gap whatsoever.

I didn't understand which higher-powered Clio you are talking about...

The mod I've uploaded has just one car, there's no performance gap whatsoever.

Well, the file I downloaded has six folders/categories of cars:

• All Stars Group A
  • All Stars Group B
  • All Stars Group C
  • All Stars Group D
  • Brasil 2006
  • F1BC
In the car selection screen, they do not all have the same engine specs.

When qualifying, some groups do consistently better than others and the performance varies much more widely than would be the case if it was all a spec series (the cars were all the same).

Is this supposed to be the case? What is the difference among these 6 categories--why have them?

The classes are exactly the same. They are just grouping packs of skins. As stated in the description.
I've gathered several different skinpacks and put them together, using the same mod car.
The description text may vary due to the different origins of the files. But the car is exactly the same.
And they don't have talent files, so performance is random, every race a different car will be fast or slow.

Hi.
This mode is fine, but it needs changes in physics. The initial temperature of the tires is very low, even putting the wear at x2, the temperature is still too low.
The FFBB is too loose (soft).
You need changes in the HDV etc, put in AMS standards.
Greetings and thank you very much for the work.

• Deleted member 247523

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi santi!

Feel free to change whatever you think has a problem, pack it, and I'll be more than glad to update the mod!

Unfortunately I don't have any spare time anymore to take a look a this, but I trust in your excelent work!

• Deleted member 247523

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%