RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

After a torrid time in practice where I could barely get a lap in without serious damage or under 2.30, a few vital setup tweaks (mainly rear camber) finally got me a little control of the beast and i got down to (a still v slow) 2.22.xxx for quali - amazingly still not last because of Philip's wheel woes!
Race - swapped places with Philip a couple of times on the first lap, but knew he was way to quick for me, and it wasn't long before he was away, after that it was a pretty lonely race at the back, made a couple of places due to other's crashing out, but 2 loong pitstops for both fuel and tires, and a stop and go for speeding in pit lane (not sure what happened there as had the limiter on, maybe clicked it off a fraction too early). The last few laps were a struggle to survive as this was by far my longest race, but amazingly I limped to a 5th placed finish with no splitter and suspension problem on the last 2 laps! Thanks for all your tips Yves, this was great fun for me, hope I can make another race soon (8 month old baby kind of limits my availability!). Thanks guys!

I learned my lesson, don't be the one keeping the Aus Racing Team from running in together in a pack, else one may be seeing the world "down under". Actually it was my fault, I got a little too loose in the turn to Thunder Valley and had to lift a little to keep the rear from coming around and got a slight tap that turned my world upside down.

Looks like it was great racing all around ... hope to be able to get my race report in at least by Monday (tied up at work today and will be away on Sunday)....

See ya all next week.

Sorry Michael. if you watch from my view in the replay you will see that i tagged you then get hammered up the butt form someone else and thats when u got flipped. When i first tapped you i was thinking this could be bad, then changed to, wow we might just make it out alive, and then BAM, breathed to soon.

Ill be posting a vid soonn of my exploits during qualifying. I forgot i was doing racing and instead tried out for the Aus Team Racing precision driving team.

Thanks for all your tips Yves, this was great fun for me, hope I can make another race soon (8 month old baby kind of limits my availability!). Thanks guys!

I hear you mate. My 2 are 7 & 5 so normally not a problem, but we'll have another little one next year and I can see my simming taking a backseat.

The first lap you gave as good as you got:good:. If you get the chance you'll have to run in the Mini's on Friday (if you haven't already) and you wont have a lonely race in those.

Hope to see you on track again in the future:).

:) That's the good apart of all this "ghost" glitch... without it you would have won all the same, with it, you won but were allowed to do the full 65 laps in the GTS car (you would have done 61 I think).

Guys it would be nice to have a replay version from the server, or of someone who stayed to the finish (non ghost) as in my replay, obviously everyone (3 racers at the time) is locked and “freezing” 1/2 way after lap 53 except me.

Thanks

I was planning in this way after my unnormally stop because of the crash i had. It was 3 laps too early but i said: "no problem, the GT pro should lapped you surely 3 times". But after all gone i had to made a additional short stop with refueling to complete the 65 laps.

Here my replay:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/replays/18/rd-4h-le-mans-1594/

at 2465 was my big crash, looks good from the backcam of Michel on P5 :tv:

I would have loved to race tonight but I really dont think I am going to be home in time - have to go to the in-laws later :freaked-out::lashes:

If I am, and there is space I may drop in but I wont commit yet.

No problem, it was just a racing thing... As I said, I was the one that started the whole thing by getting loose as I entered the turn. I also, thought, "Oh no .... we made it through the first turns and just when we should be home free, I have to go and start the car stepping out (not quite waltzing Matilda), but hey, we still might be able to get through this without too much chaos .... then your little tap (I am sure you are now on the binders --- or have at least lifted the throttle), but then (as you correctly state) you get a little more assistance to keep moving. The first tap, just kept me loose, but with the booster rocket you received ... it could have been worse ... if I hadn't flipped there may have been extensive damage ... as it was, I was eventually back in the chase (just from a different perspective). It was probably better that way, as I was already entranced by the ATR precision driving team's acrobatic maneuvers (if not quite blinded by the colors of all 3 of you together).

[Edited: Just went back and carefully reviewed the replay .... Daniel doesn't touch me until he is punted by John. Instead he is performing one the patented ATR drill team moves ("the parallel slide") along my inside .... John apparently is so impressed by the precision that he forgets to brake and sends Daniel sideways into my car.]

Sorry Michael. if you watch from my view in the replay you will see that i tagged you then get hammered up the butt form someone else and thats when u got flipped. When i first tapped you i was thinking this could be bad, then changed to, wow we might just make it out alive, and then BAM, breathed to soon.

Ill be posting a vid soonn of my exploits during qualifying. I forgot i was doing racing and instead tried out for the Aus Team Racing precision driving team.

Wel well well another great event ! Man I did have alot of fun but results were sketchy yet again for me.

Q'd Mid pack both sessions and is right where I figured to be.

R1 get a solid start and stay out of trouble for a bit. I rub on Will a bit and he ends up agro for a second and gets going again without significant loss. Sorry Will I had no Idea I had touched anyone until I viewd the replay!I set on for a bit follwing Rhys and Yves who have a HUGE moment at the 6 marker but neither sails off track!.
Race_Steam2009-09-0610-16-49-37.jpg

Well I end up tapping Rhys when he goes a bit wide under the bridge in Madness and he is off and I wait for him. Sorry Rhys I didn't think you could get back on the line.
Race_Steam2009-09-0610-18-26-03.jpg

I end up far worse as Rhys goes Paris/Dakar across the track and finds a spot to slide right in almost at speed while I limp around and lose many many spots.This is ok as I love a good fight and I can track down a few spots on speed. Manage to back up to Robert Isles and Rhys having themselves a real fun fight. I sit back waiting to pick my spot and it appears good when Rhys is wide left entering carousel and I run up to Roberts bumper to lock out Rhys through the corner. Whoops! sorry Robert just underestimated your speed there and tapped you.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBl54fIhJek[/ame]

So I race on and pit on lap 5! well I get the SNG for speeding on pit lane. I resume and come in to serve my SNG and I confirm delay of my SNG and change 2 tires again! Nice job Eric! :loco::frusty:So I stop AGAIN and finally serve my SNG and resume in 23rd. I exit shortly after as there are 2 laps remaining and I have ZERO chance of passing anyone and don't need to be in the way any further.

R2 I get a MONSTER jump from 23rd on the field for a change and pass cars whole sale in the first 2 laps! Who is this guy!? I complete lap 1 and I am up to 9th!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX1wY_JZGqY[/ame]

I race on and am running in 4th when I am planning to pit on lap 5 again. Well in my elation I manage to drive off track on the fast left leading into carousel and basically toss in my race 2 result mid race.Nightmares from my race 1 pit incidents haunt me I think. I soldier on and finish mid pack again.

This track could have been much better for me in the race results column but the frame rates are making driving in a choppy environment almost imposible. I have ordered my new PC with the help from the tech guru's Damian and Chris Aponte here at RD Hardware forum.:thumb:

Wonder how I'll race after using 100 frame rates insted of 16? I guess we'll all find out by week one of ATCC! I am thinking NINJA quality results!:th_Jttesur:

and always a HUGE thanks to Eric Keith RD and my fellow drivers for another fun friday night!:whoo::D

Mr. Toad’s Wild Freight Train Ride

Mr. Toad’s Wild Freight Train Ride

Mid-Ohio Race Report from Uncle Sam Racing

Practice: 14th out of 22 (1:29.296)
Qualification #1: 18 out of 24 (1.29:07)
Qualification #2: 16 out of 24 (1.28:877)

Race 1 -- When the Lights Go Out – Mr. Toad Comes Out To Drive

Line up 16th on the inside line behind Glenn Petersen. When the lights go out, Glenn does not get rolling right away. This boxes me in, as I am almost on his bumper and Paul Wood is starting to take the escape route on my right. Nothing to do but pray he gets moving, which he does. However, this leaves us all hanging back from the other 13 cars ahead.

MidOhioR1_Start.jpg

MidOhioR1_Start2.jpg

By the hairpin, I am hanging on to 17th. But I am about to be out-flanked (1 car on each side) by Paul Wood’s Aus Team Racing partners (Daniel and Robert) who, ever so much, want to join up with Paul. Willie Watt and myself are the only things separating them. By the end of The Speed Trap, Daniel and Robert have reeled in their tether to Paul, and pass me by as we enter into The Madness. I am now 18th (due to Glenn going off course at the turn at the end of The Speed Trap – dropping from 11th).

MidOhioR1_ATR1.jpg

Going through The Madness is where I make my only mistake of the race. Up ahead, Paul taps Will Marquez in the rear left, spinning Will sideways. But with another assist from Paul, a tap to the front left, Will is now headed in the right direction. Will now receives a little more help, a tap in the rear bumper from Daniel, and now is able to get a needed goose of speed. As Daniel tries not to spin after the contact, his teammate, Robert, slips by.

Now for the mistake ... I am the 1 car keeping Daniel from his team (who is running side-by-side just in front of me). As I exit The Madness, I try a little too hard on the entrance to the turn heading into Thunder Valley (partially because I wasn’t sure that Eric wasn’t going to fly back onto the track after his lawn mowing chores). Daniel attempts to avoid contact with me, but gets a major assist from John that sends both Daniel and myself off course, Daniel into the hay bales. I will soon join him, but only after almost rolling over onto the roof. As I slide on the driver’s side into the hay bales, I engage the feline-stabilizer (installed this week especially for this course) bringing my mount over to land on its feet. John has stopped to make sure everyone is okay. I’m facing the wrong direction and have to wait for most of the field to pass before getting pointed in the right direction. Manage to rejoin in 22nd (after having just regained my starting 16th position).

MidOhioR1_ATR2.jpg

Lap 2: Lots of work ahead, still early in the race. Luis Lynce is just ahead and John is not that far behind me. I’m gaining slightly on Luis.

Lap 3: 21st (due to Yves retirement). Up ahead, Willie takes an off course excursion due to The Madness. Luis and I just miss him as he rejoins the course.

Lap 4: 20th and still trying to close in enough on Luis to find a chance to advance my position (he had gained some breathing room after our near miss with Willie). I am really gaining ground through The Carousel.

Lap 5: The pressure may be getting to Luis, he is beginning to make minor miscues in the turns. I almost think of making a pass on his inside left as we enter The Madness. But then, I remember the name of this portion of the track, and back off. Meanwhile up ahead, Paul (in 10th) takes a roll into the hay bales heading into Thunder Valley. Luis goes slightly off course as he comes up quick on Paul and loses it as he over-corrects re-entering the track. All the while Paul is having more problems and leaves the track just before The Carousel. This allows me to slip by both of them. But it also allowed Will Marquez to reach my back bumper after his pit stop. I am now running 17th.

Lap 6: 10th – only due to the fact that the pits are full. Daniel is ahead and Will is pressing me hard. I opt to let Will by in Thunder Valley as I will be pitting and don’t want us to tangle as I peel off. I follow Daniel into the pits and I opt for 2 new rear tires.

Lap 7: Daniel gets out first and I have to wait up a bit as Eric (who must have had long stop) pulls out just in front of me. I join the course in 18th. I’m working on Eric, Sel and Daniel ahead, but am not make much progress. Sel misjudges his braking for the turn heading into Thunder Valley and ends up munching hay. I am now back in 17th. Meanwhile Eric and Daniel re-enter the pits.

Lap 8: 14th after passing Luis in the pits. Looking ahead, not a car within sight.

Lap 9: Lucky 13th as I pass John in the pits. Which is where I will find myself at the finish.

Race 2 -- Casey Jones, You'd Better Watch Your Speed

Starting 13th on the outside, lined up behind William Yunck’s Volvo. Get off to a half way decent start, but Claudio passes on the inside. While Robert, who started on my inside, gets off to a slower start. Entering Turn 1, I try to pull by on the outside of Robert. Sel (who appears to be suffering from Internet lag) tries to thread the needle between us. We all trade a little paint, but survive intact.

Glenn pulls along the outside of me on the approach to the hairpin. Up ahead, chaos brews. Rafael is punted by Rhys, sending Rafael into Michel and Yuri. All three are off course with Michel taking a wild tumble (his turn for Mr. Toad’s ride). I hug the inside to avoid the chaos, which allows Eric to pass on the outside. I follow through in 10th.

Lap 2: Trying to keep the boys ahead from pulling too far away while protecting myself from Robert (I need to stay way from those ATR guys!). Further ahead, Claudio and William tangle, sending William into the hay bales. Glenn taps Claudio as he tries to gather it back in. This sends Claudio off to the inside. I’m now, almost, on Glenn’s bumper. But he pulls ahead on the front straight.

Lap 3: Position 8 and I still have Robert behind me (though now I have a little more of a cushion). Glenn overcooks the bend leading up to The Carousel and goes off course, gifting me 7th.

Lap 4: Eric has pulled further away and Robert just won’t go away.

Lap 5: 5th as I pass Will and Kevin in the pits. Gaining somewhat on Eric, but Robert is doing the same on me. Eric imitates Glenn’s mistake on lap 3, allowing me to sneak by. Unfortunately, Robert is not so lucky and clips Eric’s nose as Eric pirouettes back across the track. I head for the pits in 4th.

Lap 6: Re-enter the race in 12th. Will, Kevin and Claudio are well ahead of me.

Lap 7: Gaining some ground as I pass Claudio, Sel, Luis, William and Rafael in the pits. Now up to 7th. William, Yuri and Rafael are forming a fast moving freight train behind me.

Lap 8: 6th as I pass Rhys in the pits. Losing ground on Will and Kevin ahead, while the freight train is drawing nearer. Yuri tries to help me out by trying to de-couple the train by trying an inside move on William in the turn leading to The Madness. That just leaves Yuri as the caboose.

Lap 9: 5th (as Will retires after a tangle with Kevin). All hope is fading as William (a.k.a. Casey Jones) pulls the train up to my bumper. Approaching the hairpin, I decide not to mess with the impending train wreck (morning headline: Fast Moving Train Rear Ends Slow Moving Car) and pull off to the outside to let them by and allow them to battle it out without my getting in the way. Yuri, the caboose, wasn’t as hooked up as I had thought, and we swap a little paint in the hairpin. Catastrophe avoided, dropping me back to 8th. Had my moment of glory running in 5th with this wild bunch.

Lap 10: Still 8th but in a good spot to watch the freight train ahead trying to breakup (which now has a new caboose, Rafael).

Bringing it all home in 8th just ahead of Michel, who had soldiered on after his first lap excitement.

Finished the 2 events 9th overall.

619087Camaro_flyer.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CAM
Class: Camaro Cup
Track: Rattlesnake Point
Weather: Dry
Practice: 45 minutes ( 22:00 GMT )
Qualification: 15 minutes Superpole
Warmup: 10 minutes
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Race: 15 laps + 1 for the formation laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

If you witness or a victim of an incident there is a new and easy way to report it, just click ---> Click here to report an incident

Special notes
  1. this event is a late night event under the stars.
  2. the race is in the format of the RDCCC so the race will be between 55 and 80 minutes long.
  3. this event will use a superpole qualification.
  4. this event will use a manual rolling start, after joining the grid for the start when the red lights will go off we will start a formation lap and not the race. the person on pole will take the field around the track at about 100 KM/H after the last turn the leader will start the race. no overtaking is allowed before the start/finish line.
  5. this event will be a good practice for anyone considering entering the upcoming RDCCC league that will take place in January 2010.
RDCCC Forum RD Chevrolet Camaro Cup

Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose -SKIN-
  2. Rhys Gardiner
  3. Philip Antonia
  4. Glenn Petersen -SKIN-
  5. Gary Lennon
  6. Dariusz Swiderski
  7. Gregory Degreef
  8. Andreas Löffler
  9. Lewis Fergusson
  10. Andrew Evans