RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yet another case of an Yves setup transforming my night :D,the whole thing finally came together in qually to start 2nd and a good rolling start that created some really busy close action from the moment we crossed the line :good:,me and Yves eventually broke away a bit and begun an epic bit of inner city car chase :D,it took many laps of study to build up the courage to make my pass,Yves assisted me when i made my move as well,i think he was happy to follow and watch for a bit.
We pitted together with Yves about 2secs behind,but when we left pits i was now just over 8secs the better? :noidea:,maybe Yves using the Lenno pit style of staring at the "confirm" button too long? :p,i used this bit of pressure free time well and built the gap up slowly,with 4 laps to go i pitted for the fuel needed to finish and left the tyres alone to the end,got a tyres warning on the last lap so it all worked out good :).
Well done all us finishers tonight,no mean feat to manouvre "The Beast" around that place lads :good:.
Many Thanks Yves and RD

Thank you Yves for setting up this one:good:.

Unfortunately I didn't know the track and didn't really get to like it at all. Struggled to learn it as I hadn't driven the Camero for quite a while so the combination wasn't good for me.

My qualy lap was ruined by my DFP turning itself off. Very strange as it's never done that b4, but it was fine after plugging it back in! All I could do was watch my car plough straight down the escape road and smash into the wall as I had no controls what so ever:struggle:.

Race was going to be tough, but the start was clean and I battled with James who wouldn't let me go. Managed to pull away and catch up with Bob and Rhys. Followed them for quite a few laps then we suddenly caught Ben and we had a 4 car train. Got past Bob and treid to stay ahead, but I made a mistake about a lap later and he got back past. Then I was back ahead of him and trying to catch Rhys and Ben when my son woke up. I have a baby monitor next to me when my wife is out just in case, but normally they don't wake up. I spun off and parked it for a couple of minutes as I checked on him. He just wanted a huggle and he was fine (bless him). Rejoined, but had nearly lost a whole lap. Pitted a lap early as I'd got myself a puncture. Continued on and was having a quite battle with myself and got a bit scruffy. Moved over for Gary as he put another lap on me then had brain fade and forgot to go into the pits and ran out of fuel about half way round:bad:. What a dipstick, as I was hoping to atleast finish the blooming race.

Anyway well done to Gary for his win and to the other finishers.

Thanks again to Yves who was a great host as usual and to RD:good:.

I think I may avoid this track as best as possible in the future though:).

My race ended like this.
Car wouldn't start after trying to start it. only some roaring and a strange sound. AFter that i see the text DNF.

Edit: Is it possible that a car broke after trying to restart it?

Later I will check the replay when doing the "overall" report... will post it then :wink2:

OMFG again joao lol from that ghost in nordchief mini lol...
Well remembered... the guy just in front lost the connection, immediately I become a "ghost" (we were all on top of each other on that sprint race).

Internet cut off after 53 laps , great race anyway, i hope to see u guys at some other events

There you have it (lap 53), the damn old glitch that existed when Evo come out is back with this last summer patch.

When someone loses the connection abruptly (as you did, I sow you ware "froze on the track") a "ghost" might appear immediately... unfortunately (or not) it is always the next on track (likely the first) who takes the burden. If the first then gets tired of racing apparently "alone" (his times count, the laps too but he sees no one), if he leaves... a new ghost might appear (just a question of luck) and it will be the next first.

What this tells me is that the people who developed this last patch weren't the same that developed the previews patch (and had corrected the problem). Either that, or they know of the problem but prefer to have it because of some other reason... either way, doesn’t look well for Race on that the old glitches are back :(

...After 4h and about 20 min it was done. 65 laps great driving in le Mans :car:.

Thank You Eric for organisation again a awsome endurance event and to all who participate in this, was great fun.

Now i´m :sleepin:, it´s already late. :wave:
:) That's the good part of all this "ghost" glitch... without it you would have won all the same, with it, you won but were allowed to do the full 65 laps in the GTS car (you would have done 61 I think).

Guys it would be nice to have a replay version from the server, or of someone who stayed to the finish (non ghost) as in my replay, obviously everyone (3 racers at the time) is locked and “freezing” 1/2 way after lap 53 except me.

Thanks

Wow!! Joao actually finished??? Impressive!! I didnt think anyone would :)

I am trying to post the replay but it is 35MB big. No sure how I can transfer it off the server.

Good job everyone!!!!

Clap Clap clap!!!

This was my first event in these cars. And all I can say is "WOOOOW". :D

Qualifying: 5th. A 2:18 was possible, but I made a few silly mistakes on my lap, and had to settle for a 2:19.

Race: Had a pretty good start, and passed Hampus within a few laps. After a series of fast laps, I came up on Ben and eventually passed him for 3rd. From lap 12 onwards, we had an EPIC battle. For a string of laps, we were never more than half a second apart.
Eventually, we drifted away from each other and I went into finish-the-race mode. These cars were so much fun, it didn't matter what was happening or where I was running... to quote many a stock car driver "The car handled reeeaal good."
After 29 laps of racing, I crossed the line in 3rd. So a podium finish... not bad for my first time out in these things. :D

Grats to Gary for the win, and thanks to Yves for the event. Again, loads of fun. :good:

My quick report, not much time, and nice videos everyone!

Qualy #2 - 6th
Race one - drove not to cleanly and went off a few times, got a few taps but thats racing and I gave one to Willie also, Sorry. Had a great, great time battling with Kevin for 8th, and in the end (last Lap) I pressed too hard and went off. Great fun though.

Race 2 - Tough racing, but great fun, I have missed a lot of races lately as I don't have much time, I can't believe how fast everyone is getting. Had a great go of holding off Yuri and Rafael for the last 3-4 laps for place 5. Really very challenging, with some great drivers - reminded me of why I like racing. Thanks guys. :)

first i wanna thanks everybody that showed up and everybody that show interest for the event but unfortunately couldn't make it.

Qualy: took the pole with a 2:15:5xx which was .200 slower from my PB made offline but i was happy with it.

race: it was my first rolling start which i was the guy setting up the pace so it was a good praccy in case it will happen in the RDCCC :laugh2: i almost lost it coming out of the last corner for the start and i was happy to not have caused a mayhem :sweat: like Gary said when then start to fight for the lead while at the same pulling up a gap from the others, unfortunately my brake bias was a bit off for race and my front wheels kept locking and i was making small mistakes so when Gary pulled along side to try to make a pass i didn,t put up much of a fight and let him throught. after that i was able to keep up with him and we pitted at the same time and we both took a full tank of fuel and 4 fresh tyres but i guess my pit crew was sleeping and it took a few more seconds to do my pitstop and came out 8 sec away from Gary. the car was feeling a little bit better after the pitstop and was once again able to maintain the gap but i over did it coming out of the series of turns after the start/finish line and hit the wall hard enuff and lost my splitter. since the car was still very driveable i contunued and pitted earlier then Gary hoping to make some ground by only taking fuel ( which was too much fuel ). took second place 30 sec behind Gary.

it was alot of fun, grats to Gary for the win and well done all finishers, not an easy track with those beast :good:

thanks to me and RD for this event :rotfl:

Sign me up pls.

Yves,
I downloaded the track from the link above and installed it. Went to run a few laps in practice and when it loaded the screen is completely black in game but I can hear the mini and drive around. Anyone else having problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%