RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Guys was I the only one being a ghost in the race? If yes I just need a non ghost replay or a final classification to do my math... it won't be a bug beating us :wink2:

Will do my race report later... and front page one too (unless someone wants to do it in my place?).

Attachments

• 64of65(2).jpg
    64of65(2).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 215
  • end(2).jpg
    end(2).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 195
Guys was I the only one being a ghost in the race? If yes I just need a non ghost replay or a final classification to do my math... it won't be a bug beating us :wink2:

Will do my race report later... and front page one too (unless someone wants to do it in my place?).

yes you were not in the game anymore.

just watch my replay, i stayed watching. You are not in my replays after you became a ghost.

So maybe we have to do it all over again. ;)

• Michel Salvador

OMFG again joao lol from that ghost in nordchief mini lol

well congrats to joao gt-pro and andreas gt-sport:)

thx RD and ERIC for this last enduro event of the year :) ty

Keep the media coming chaps. Those luminous cars look mint Robert.

Robert Ace video man. I just LOVE the color choice in your cars. It just really appeals to me on track.

Thanks for the video Robert, really enjoyed it.

Credit to Paul Wood for the Aus Team Racing skins! I'm just glad someone in the team has a creative streak I can barely draw a stick figure :) You certainly can't miss us on track, that's a safety feature for us or everyone else is up to you to decide :bounce: Can't work out why the Audio in my vid is all out of sync though, Youtube did something silly 'cause the original file is perfect :(

Oh and how in the hell do you guy's record the replays and stuff? Is there a program or something for doing this?

John, its done using FRAPS http://fraps.com/ You basically start FRAPs, go into the game and play a replay and hit the record button in FRAPs and away she goes... be warned though it chews disk space like no tomorrow!

last man standing

What a long race ! :shocked:

Race: Had a good start but lost my splitter in lap 2. So made a stop and back on track i could go trough on P7 or P8 behind Michael.
Unfortunately i lost control in last shicane and damage my car almost totally. With three tyres i could go in the pits.
Good luck for me i get all repaired and had again 295 kmh. Now i do my best laps with 2:47 (best 2:46.9) and could decrease the gap to Michael to about 50 sec. He pit and i´m now on 5th but after some rounds later i pit he could go again trought. Unfortunately i spun before the pit, damage the car and now it wasn´t fix ( i guess something must fall down from the car to get it back with 100 % after repairing :wink2:). So on the straight i lost maybe 1, 5 sec to Michael. But in 2nd and 3rd sector i could close the gap to him.
And now i´m in the slipscream and could follow him on the long straight, at the end i go beside, brake later and pass him but he could reovertake me on the next sraight.
The next try work after Michael made a little mistake in 3rd sector where i could go trought. Was my highlight of the race, thx Micheal for this:embarrassed:.
Now it would the from me expected lonely race. Only Dan in 4th saw about 3 times passing :giggle: me after two spins he made. Then the opponents in front of me disconnected or go off after accident and Micheal i guess had a really bad pitstop where he lost about 2 min.
I notice the car get slower and slower (only 285 kmh instead of 295 at the begin), think because of the damage but i think also cause of the engine, started with 98% and it go down to 82% so i guess setup was ok for the distance.
After Michael crashed out i drove the last 13 rounds alone, only with the ghost Joao :ghost: how i know now. But was not alone, Michel, Freddie and Michael stayed on the server - Thank you for this, was good motivation to finish it.
After 4h and about 20 min it was done. 65 laps great driving in le Mans :car:.

Thank You Eric for organisation again a awsome endurance event and to all who participate in this, was great fun.

Now i´m :sleepin:, it´s already late. :wave:

John, its done using FRAPS http://fraps.com/ You basically start FRAPs, go into the game and play a replay and hit the record button in FRAPs and away she goes... be warned though it chews disk space like no tomorrow!

OK...Thanks. My GPU came with FRAPS so if I decide to use it I can. I didn't know you could record with it like that though. I thought it was just for monitoring your FPS ect...

Even with the dump track the event took just a little bit over 4 hrs, we could have gone for the 1000km, perhaps next time something like this is attempted… :)

Qualify (1stGTP)

Obviously there isn’t much to tell, did a 36 with the dump truck and with the race setup but just 20L of fuel in. Out of curiosity a "do-or-die" lap in here should be around 31-33 (depends how much you cut), but the engine won’t go 10 laps :wink2:

Race (1st GTP)

Surprisingly there isn’t much to tell on over 4hrs of race… the things went very well and within what I was expecting.
I was surprised by the absence of Vipers/Corvettes in the GTP class (apart from mine), since unlike the previews endurance event, these were clearly the GTP cars to beat here.

Tired of always using the Corvette went for his American brother the Viper with his monstrous binary very useful when engine management becomes a race key factor. For me the victory wasn’t much in question as I knew for the DB9R to be able to challenge the Viper on this track it would have to risk too much in the final part of the lap and that would be very difficult to do consistently over the 65 laps.

The long straight helped allot, as importantly not only I was able to turn my eyes from the screen but also I could do a bit of neck and wrist "gymnastics".

I stopped for 124L of fuel & tyres on lap 17, 33, and 49 (1/4 distance each stint) and every time went to toilet or to get a new drink in the fridge (damn mechanics don’t do a thing outside of the contract, not even clean the windscreen :D).

Until ½ distance almost everyone was doing great and we were going strong with less than 25% attrition rate, but then I start to see in first hand (looking behind) many unfortunate mistakes, like people going straight at Indianapolis or at the final chicanes... It’s no rocket science, when people start to become tired, they are more prone to distractions, and in this track distractions can be unforgiving.

Speaking of that, my race went almost immaculate, only a couple of “car-park” routes but importantly no barriers touch and my engine by race finish had lost 11% (started at 99%) but the car was doing 330km/h top all the same.

Finally, the “ghost” glitch thing... these damn glitch wasn’t around with the patch version before this last; it was returned with the last patch.
About lap 52/53, at a time when many of you were having trouble (DNF) and a few left the sever, as usual, the first (I) become a “ghost”.

I didn’t leave the server, if I did, the next 1st would have become a “ghost” himself... the laps were counting, the times too, I just didn’t see anyone nor did I get times from the 2 other survivors at the time. The 65lap came, the race final too, saw the classification, tried to chat, no response, left the server after some time just to be sure I didn’t spoil anyone race while leaving.

Moral of the history, it isn’t a glitch that will spoil our fun...

Thanks guys, all who dared to attempt this event, 14 club members that I already respected and will respect even more now.

Much congratulations to the other
finisher and GTS winner (Andreas Löffler) (if there weren’t any more ghosts going around), and thanks everyone who participated as all were very correct.

Btw, if anyone knows about a longer Evo event (or even a 4 hrs driving stint), please kindly point me to it... :wink2:

Thanks for all 4 events.:good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline